Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
here's our plan

e: 1966 - labour party under harold wilson wins a 96-seat majority in the general election (lol imagine)

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

It appears to all be kicking off in Russia

You gotta hand it to the Nazi PMC, they know how to properly settle a labour dispute.

Send a flying column of hardened killers with tanks to the capital and suddenly you employers agree to negotiate.

The unions should take notes.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And what will the cost be in terms of increased accidents, crime etc?

In my close they turned off all but one of our streetlights since last winter and it is pitch black except when it is full moon.

The oldies in my block are terrified to go out after 4pm (in winter) especially the ones who use walkers in case they trip over let alone the mad axe murderers waiting in the dark for a granny to attack.

I even messaged the council and asked if they could put the street light near the flats on instead of the one that is on (our flats are the only homes in the block. The light they've left on is at the back of a pub backing on to our close.)

it's insane and i suspect there was been zilch by way of impact assessment, especially given they're planning to implement this in the middle of winter

i say run up a debt and gently caress it, Westminster can pay it

i mean if they really do this you will literally be able to see how hosed up a situation this is from space

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

I'm going to be ever so slightly sceptical of any poll that suggests the Tories will have more MSPs than they have MPs. Seems like the stuff of fantasies (or in this case nightmares. Kieth's Red Tories with a majority that big is a grim prospect)

both leaders have the “the more the public see of them the more they dislike them” energy so let’s see!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Is the goalkeeper in Shinty just some rando from the crowd with trackie bottoms and his own boots?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

What are the United Kingdom's contingency plans for war against a hostile Russian Bolshevik regime?

username/post combo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Z the IVth posted:

You gotta hand it to the Nazi PMC, they know how to properly settle a labour dispute.

Send a flying column of hardened killers with tanks to the capital and suddenly you employers agree to negotiate.

The unions should take notes.

The staff at the trident base are unionised right? Surely they could sneak one out?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I have very rarely read the Canary (I always found its reporting a bit hysterical) but I was a bit surprised at the latest article re Corbyn that appeared on my twitter feed. Then I saw this post by Kerry Anne Mendoza just now. Had no idea she hadn't been involved with the Canary for the last couple of years.

Ed deleted the Twitter link as I am not getting involved in that stuff.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 24, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
so putin had to buy off some lads coming to get him?

and there werent even that many?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Someone got putin his place

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

here's our plan

This bastard properly rattled my windows earlier!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I have very rarely read the Canary (I always found its reporting a bit hysterical) but I was a bit surprised at the latest article re Corbyn that appeared on my twitter feed. Then I saw this post by Kerry Anne Mendoza just now. Had no idea she hadn't been involved with the Canary for the last couple of years.

Ed deleted the Twitter link as I am not getting involved in that stuff.

I might be misremembering, but wasn't there some serious allegations of misconduct by the directors of the company (I think it was something about them claiming there was only a £1 difference in hourly wage between directors and journalists, but then paying themselves huge dividends in secret) that led to the Canary being reorganised as a Worker's Co-op?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Reveilled posted:

I might be misremembering, but wasn't there some serious allegations of misconduct by the directors of the company (I think it was something about them claiming there was only a £1 difference in hourly wage between directors and journalists, but then paying themselves huge dividends in secret) that led to the Canary being reorganised as a Worker's Co-op?

I really don't know. I've not followed it at all but I do have friends who do read the Canary and take it as Holy Writ.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've got a friend who assumes that because I have left-wing views, I must read The Canary.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Is that because he reads The Protocols as his daily news?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Happy freedom day/weekend whatever.... :toot:

https://twitter.com/Hugh_Janus888/status/1672673739748569092

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Who is advising him that this is good media strategy? This isn’t even a soundbite pool clip like the one Milliband got mocked for, this is a full length sit down interview.

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1672861479769452544?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you lack the ability to do anything else, I suppose.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

Who is advising him that this is good media strategy? This isn’t even a soundbite pool clip like the one Milliband got mocked for, this is a full length sit down interview.

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1672861479769452544?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Don't fear, there's a plan!

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1672909360102612992

e: lol https://twitter.com/jim_nauseum/status/1672910377506447360

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 25, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Please bring back Truss. She can bump off the rest of the royals in time for the election

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
God drat him, but reading https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1672888910739824641?s=20 pissed me off.

"Hold their nerve"...this phrase only makes sense in terms of stocks and investments, not bloody rents and mortgages!

I know there was that "just don't pay" movement in terms of energy bills: I would 100% get behind a popular movement to stop paying mortgages & rents until they provide a proper workable solution to help people pay their bills & get through this crisis.

Making it so that people have LESS money in their pockets right now is a flabbergastingly idiotic approach.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sunak addresses country: HODL

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
No! Don't sell your houses! They're going to the moon!! 🚀🚀🚀

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's hard to know whether it's worse to have the government be:
1) a bunch of Tories who think they're competent and push through lots of legislation; or
2) a bunch of Tories who know they're out of their depth and don't bother doing anything except legislating culture wars

It is funny that Truss's name is getting dragged out again. She might be the only Tory MP who still wants to be Prime Minister at the moment (I'm including Sunak in that), because everyone else has enough functioning brain cells to spot that the challice is made of mercury and filled with liquid arsenic.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Nobody else has the humiliation fetish she does

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Makes sense for a midget with a gremlin wife

Oh we're talking about Truss

We get a fresh head of a lettuce right?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 25, 2023

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Truss actually thinks she has a policy plan that will fix the country.

She's wrong, but she has more ideas than the rest of the Tory party put together at this point.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Keep calm and carry on (as you get evicted)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

kingturnip posted:

It is funny that Truss's name is getting dragged out again. She might be the only Tory MP who still wants to be Prime Minister at the moment (I'm including Sunak in that), because everyone else has enough functioning brain cells to spot that the challice is made of mercury and filled with liquid arsenic.

She already hosed it once, it's not like she'll be any worse off if she does it again.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You Only Liz Twice

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

You Only Liz Twice

legit afraid this will be her campaign slogan now

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

liz has the boundless energy of a dumb labrador, and genuinely thought she could “one weird trick” the U.K. economy back to relevance but was foiled by reality

sunak is quite clearly the guy sent by head office to shut down the factory but still get everyone working 100% until the shutters drop

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Not looking to derail but was it this UK thread where there was a fella posting about being prescribed medical cannabis a couple months back? Got an appointment with a clinic next week and would be helpful to ask someone who's already been through the process.

Edit: Actually, looks like there's someone in the other thread I can ask about it. Nothing to see here.

Rookoo fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 25, 2023

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Paging fuctifino, resident weed expert and public bong smoker

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jakabite posted:

Paging fuctifino, resident weed expert and public bong smoker

*vaper*

It's an important distinction, as smoking cannabis considered abusing the medicine.

I've sent you a PM Rookoo

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kingturnip posted:

It's hard to know whether it's worse to have the government be:
1) a bunch of Tories who think they're competent and push through lots of legislation; or
2) a bunch of Tories who know they're out of their depth and don't bother doing anything except legislating culture wars

3) both. Also known as the Starmerite Labour option.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

*vaper*

It's an important distinction, as smoking cannabis considered abusing the medicine.

I've sent you a PM Rookoo

My apologies! A far superior way to imbibe anyway imo.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jel Shaker posted:

sunak is quite clearly the guy sent by head office to shut down the factory but still get everyone working 100% until the shutters drop

Oh yeah, he's got big: "Look guys, I don't know any more than you right now, but rest assured, as soon as I hear anything..." energy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/status/1673189134767124480

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
If only we where in some kind of trading block or union that could stand up to larger countries pushing their weight around.