Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Tokelau All Star posted:

My Costco moved the diapers and formula from way in the back to all the way up front, and I felt like such a chump making that huge loop around the warehouse.

Gyro kit is better than I thought would be.

you... don't loop the entire warehouse on every visit?

i think of it like walking around the Kabba in Mecca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

about to go on a flavor adventure

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dick Fontaine posted:

:stonklol:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Dick Fontaine posted:

Not sure the bananas will taste great on them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like those gyro kits but they do go a little bananas on the onions I find. The chicken taco kits are always a hit with the fam though.

Also those who freeze the muffins do you just put it in in the plastic container or any extra wrapping? Saran wrap each muffin?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dick Fontaine posted:

I'm very interested in this flavor adventure

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Psion posted:

Excellent avatar/post combo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

I like those gyro kits but they do go a little bananas on the onions I find. The chicken taco kits are always a hit with the fam though.

Also those who freeze the muffins do you just put it in in the plastic container or any extra wrapping? Saran wrap each muffin?

Yep, far too many red onions on them.

For the muffins, we just toss them in some of the big ziplock bags and then in the freezer. They get eaten before the freezer burn gets them, so no need to do anything special to protect them.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Had bad luck with Costco produce recently. The spinach we recently bought already has wet slimy leaves in it and the broccoli apparently expired the day we bought it. Also tried to buy bananas but the boxes that were being stocked had bananas covered in brown spots. They wouldn't have lasted 2 days so we skipped. Is this just my Costco?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Maybe. But are you looking at the produce you buy at all before you bring it home?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Psion posted:

lol respect I love corner gas and I’m not even canadian

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Soul Dentist posted:

Maybe. But are you looking at the produce you buy at all before you bring it home?

I guess we missed the expiry on the package of broccoli. Spinach is in a bag so you can kinda inspect it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

priznat posted:

I saran wrapped each one and then put them in freezer ziploc bags. Thawed the first one out yesterday just in the fridge, tasted great.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cool definitely gonna try freezing the muffins, even with the kids we can't make it thru 12 of those giant bastards before they start going bad.

Croissant pack barely lasts a day around here though

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just went on a 5 night river rafting trip with a guide company. The meals were probably 80% stuff bought at Costco and it was honestly perfect considering there were 30 people in total.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Excellent avatar/post combo.

not intended because i've been too lazy to fix this av for uh, a long time

but hey i'll take it

pencilhands posted:

lol respect I love corner gas and I’m not even canadian

me neither which is why I have it :laugh:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Flavor report

Stuffed salmon is super good and worth it. Massive portions and the stuffed crab meat is really rich. Worth it as a move in treat for me and the wife.

Edit: oh and they are selling a battery backup generator (think the duracell they carried for awhile) package with an inverter and solar panels. Likely overpriced (inverter and panels) but seems like a nice idea especially for outdoor stuff and if we had more issues with power outages.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 25, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

about to get real high and go to town on those crackers. will report back. it will be done in the recommended “warm” style

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

about to get real high and go to town on those crackers. will report back. it will be done in the recommended “warm” style

im listening.,....

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

it’s amazing. like nothing i’ve tasted before. this was forbidden knowledge. I can never go back

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Death by Chocolate deserts are so so.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Cart not card woops

But yeah she drunkenly stole someone's cart. And then walked past the lady she took it from like 4 times trying not to look guilty.

Probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The cart was empty.

i grabbed someone's cart once to move it out of the way because it was blocking a freezer bay i was trying to get to. i thought it was my cart because i wasn't really paying attention, and ended up moving it like 15 feet away around a corner. was wondering why the guy (whose cart it probably was) was looking at me kind of bewildered until i figured out what i did a few minutes later when i found my actual cart

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Coredump posted:

The Death by Chocolate deserts are so so.

Obviously if you're still around to post

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bought a winix Air purifier... that was then not delivered even though ups and Costco say it was :sigh:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Dick Fontaine posted:

I am interested. What section of Costco might I find a bag of these creations?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

it’s amazing. like nothing i’ve tasted before. this was forbidden knowledge. I can never go back

Tropical Fields (the one with two "i"s) Nougat Sandwich Crackers Green Onion

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I’m starting to really like the bakery section. Everything there is a huge crowd pleaser and seems cheaper than it has any right to be. $5.99 for 12 giant, delicious croissants? Sign me up!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I had to ban myself from buying the Linzer tarts

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Orvin posted:

I am interested. What section of Costco might I find a bag of these creations?

it’s over near the other dry asian snacks if you are blessed with such a costco. ate another one this morning. still just as amazing

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i bought a 4lb key lime pie

it was glorious

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

what the heck

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

did AI make that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I didn't see those big shortbread + jelly cookies last time I went are they discontinued or maybe they just didn't have a batch that particular time? They are REAL good, I like em more than the chocolate chip variety pack (although more expensive)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I thought about getting those nougat crackers last time but they just seemed so expensive for so little

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

i bought a 4lb key lime pie

it was glorious

I bought one last week and my wife and I have been working diligently at making all visitors take some. But now it's down to us and there's still like a quarter (a delicious quarter) left. High quality key lime pie

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

Obviously if you're still around to post

More like take an hour off your life chocolate.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Those little cornbread rectangles are gross, but if you toast them (individually, or broil a bunch to serve), they become excellent.

The mini croissants are also killer

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The gyro kit was a lot better than I was expecting, and they give you a mountain of meat. Great easy meal for the price.

Am I missing something about the excess of onions mentioned earlier in the thread though? They're in a separate container, so you can choose how many you want on your gyro, no?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

When I got one they just put two unpeeled yellow onions in the container

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Those little cornbread rectangles are gross, but if you toast them (individually, or broil a bunch to serve), they become excellent.

The mini croissants are also killer

cold, untoasted cornbread is nasty and it is crazy to me that it's offered so often over the superior toasted alternative