Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol nice last post on a page that no one will ever read bitch!!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

stux gives a nice, runny, chunky texture to the thread

also american mcgay

idk why the imp zone people have glommed onto this thread, but they can at least be funny sometimes?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think they like to play and post about Diablo 4.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

zoux posted:

I think they like to play and post about Diablo 4.

wow holy poo poo no way

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vic posted:

the game's objectively worse because of stux coming in to dump rear end on everyone talking about the game in this thread like an alcoholic uncle who works at blizzard and nintendo

how does this make the game worse?

helping people makes the game better???

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Can you replace aspects on weapons with different aspects? Like, can I put a placeholder aspect from a Codex on a amulet then eventually replace it with a better aspect from an item later?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
the ignore function is your friend and is much more effective than posting about posters

also what kind of clowns DDOS a video game in 2023, that's so last decade

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Got in first try necro supremacy

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The ddos crew are scared of my 7 digit bone spear damage and I don’t blame them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bioshuffle posted:

Can you replace aspects on weapons with different aspects? Like, can I put a placeholder aspect from a Codex on a amulet then eventually replace it with a better aspect from an item later?
Yup

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I feel like I have sort of the opposite problem as a pulv druid, once I got the unique insatiable fury chest that makes you a perma-bear and the AoE pulverize aspect I can't die anymore even at WT4 unless I walk away from the game in the middle of a helltide or something

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 25, 2023

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also I just got the Temerity unique pants that give you a barrier when you heal beyond your max life, which is constantly with the Spirit Boon that heals you every time you hit with a skill. Lol

maybe I should start a barb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

stux gives a nice, runny, chunky texture to the thread

also american mcgay

idk why the imp zone people have glommed onto this thread, but they can at least be funny sometimes?

youer tears are my enjoyment

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ex post facho posted:

also I just got the Temerity unique pants that give you a barrier when you heal beyond your max life, which is constantly with the Spirit Boon that heals you every time you hit with a skill. Lol

maybe I should start a barb

You can also give yourself a barrier on command by popping a potion when you're at max health, which works well with the 25% increased damage when you have a barrier active aspect.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Deformed Church posted:

What's the deal with silent chests? Do they have cool uniques or something? I've not opened that many but they've been uniformly just the same poo poo as regular chests that don't cost me obols.

generally they’ve dropped exclusively worse items than regular chests for me and afaik/have read there is nothing unique in them.

that being said, one time my obols capped and i needed to drain them, so i just bought 1000 worth of silent chest keys. now when i open chests it doesn’t use up any of my keys. also they only stack to 12 for some reason

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

the uncle analogy is apt because your problematic uncle also taught you how to change a tyre or something and it was a really nice and tender moment and then he got in a fight with your dad at thanksgiving and now your dad is 50% blind in one eye, but you still had that moment

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

guuuuuys the vidoe game doesnt just shower me with loot every second for standing still and doing nothing. also its lowkey toxic for it to want me to think for 10 seconds about my skills and gear. they should make it more comfy like my favorite game, final fantasy 14 :shobon:

Agreed, lol. *reads last part of the post* ....

Actually. Dude, you know what. gently caress you.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

American McGay posted:

You can also give yourself a barrier on command by popping a potion when you're at max health, which works well with the 25% increased damage when you have a barrier active aspect.

yeah I might do that instead of the quicksand aspect on mah boots. Which is nice, but is mainly for survivability and that's not a problem anymore

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

So if I'm understanding the damage bucket stuff correctly, then damage stats that go in the additive bucket are effectively interchangeable, right (as long as they're relevant to your build)?

In other words if I slow enemies, then +30% damage to slow enemies has exactly the same effect as +30% damage to crowd controlled enemies? Same for say, +20% core skills damage and +20% physical damage, (assuming my core skill does physical damage, of course)?

correct

main stat, vuln, crit/critd, <everything else>, overpower in its own weird playpen

attack speed is technically its own multiplier on everything else, you do all of the above faster, but not all skills use it

there's a hard limit on what you can get from gear, crit is only on gloves and rings, conditionally on gloves and amulets, attack speed on gloves (basic skill aspd on helmet), critd and vuln on weapons and rings

same story in your paragon board and skill tree, you'll generally want to grab all the vuln and crit stuff you can, you may or may not have access (or use for) attack speed

don't over focus on damage though, if you plan to push nightmare tiers you need damage reduction - you can get that on chest pants amulet and boots, a combination of damage reduction and dodge

life is on uh helm pants chest and rings I think

after that it's stuff like cost reduction (boots amulet) cooldown reduction (helm amulet) resource or heal on lucky hit (gloves) resource gen (rings) and +skills (most armor, amulets)

there's only a handful of affixes that are truly junk (thorns, slow duration reduction), I think by design so Johnny and Jane casual can just slap whatever on and get through the campaign

if you want to optimize it's mostly just getting the "good" affixes in the spots they can appear and getting more of the most powerful damage and damage resist stats from paragon

feel free to take any single paragraph or sentence from here and make a ten minute youtube video with SECRET MEGA DAMAGE REVEALED

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

victrix posted:

correct

main stat, vuln, crit/critd, <everything else>, overpower in its own weird playpen

attack speed is technically its own multiplier on everything else, you do all of the above faster, but not all skills use it

there's a hard limit on what you can get from gear, crit is only on gloves and rings, conditionally on gloves and amulets, attack speed on gloves (basic skill aspd on helmet), critd and vuln on weapons and rings

same story in your paragon board and skill tree, you'll generally want to grab all the vuln and crit stuff you can, you may or may not have access (or use for) attack speed

don't over focus on damage though, if you plan to push nightmare tiers you need damage reduction - you can get that on chest pants amulet and boots, a combination of damage reduction and dodge

after that it's stuff like cost reduction (boots amulet) cooldown reduction (helm amulet) resource or heal on lucky hit (gloves) resource gen (rings) and +skills (most armor, amulets)

there's only a handful of affixes that are truly junk (thorns, slow duration reduction), I think by design so Johnny and Jane casual can just slap whatever on and get through the campaign

if you want to optimize it's mostly just getting the "good" affixes in the spots they can appear and getting more of the most powerful damage and damage resist stats from paragon

feel free to take any single paragraph or sentence from here and make a ten minute youtube video with SECRET MEGA DAMAGE REVEALED

Thanks for the concise post. Quoting to keep track of it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

victrix posted:

correct

This is good stuff, thanks.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

guuuuuys the vidoe game doesnt just shower me with loot every second for standing still and doing nothing. also its lowkey toxic for it to want me to think for 10 seconds about my skills and gear. they should make it more comfy like my favorite game, final fantasy 14 :shobon:

Last night I was afk outside a dungeon and monsters would run at me now and then fromt he open world. My skeletons would kill them blah blah. I alt tabbed in and there was this cool unique lying on the ground lol. Just thought this was funny to share.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
for DR it seems like you basically want pants to have 4 DR rolls and cheese to have 2-3 depending on your need for the +skills in that spot. my pants are responsible for something like 70% of my defensive worth on gear and i’m pushing into 70s

oh yeah and if you have to use uniques in your head/chest/leg slot, the non unique spots pretty much gotta be packed with DR

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Mother of god the lag in this game is awful. What the gently caress Blizzard.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

victrix posted:

correct

This is great, thanks. Basically how I understood it, but sometimes I find myself comparing two items that have different same-bucket stats and I wasn't 100% I was comparing them correctly.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
stux just wants everyone to get gud

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Alright, ABEL is full. I suspect there's a few strays in the clan and people will probably drop off naturally, but for the moment it might be a smart to start a new overflow clan or see if room has cleared up in the older clans.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Agreed, lol. *reads last part of the post* ....

Actually. Dude, you know what. gently caress you.

got your rear end lol

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
why did they make the clan limits so small?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

victrix posted:

correct

Good post, thanks!

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
A trade economy would have added so much to the game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Is overpower damage multiplicative? It feels like it is but you almost never see anyone build towards it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is overpower damage multiplicative? It feels like it is but you almost never see anyone build towards it

I built it but it'd take a whole post to explain

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Orange Crush Rush posted:

pretty sure because you can never go over the 3% chance - but there are only certain skills that can proc it?
It's very conditional ( at least from what I've seen )

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Apparition posted:

Their mortal fear of unions permeates everything

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

Last night I was afk outside a dungeon and monsters would run at me now and then fromt he open world. My skeletons would kill them blah blah. I alt tabbed in and there was this cool unique lying on the ground lol. Just thought this was funny to share.

The druid passive that makes periodic lightning strikes intentionally targets containers and breakable objects so as you're running around you get a boon and loot popping out of poo poo as you run by. It is probably not worth the skill point investment and it owns.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Apparition posted:

Because Blizzard literally just doesn’t think.

And I mean this in the nicest way.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Apparition posted:

seems fine for me and my friends. what problem are you having?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

DarkDobe posted:

pretty sure because you can never go over the 3% chance - but there are only certain skills that can proc it?
It's very conditional ( at least from what I've seen )

The 3% global chance can't be modified, but some skills guarantee overpower. The necro blood skills have a lot of overpower options.