Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mega Comrade posted:

If only we where in some kind of trading block or union that could stand up to larger countries pushing their weight around.
I wonder if they just forgot about applying to this one.

e:
Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Pacific Cat Taxes

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jun 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder if they just forgot about applying to this one.

But but everyone should want to join up with us and give us good deals! Don't they know who we arrrre?!?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What is that map displaying?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Notable Pacific island the UK applied to join a couple years back and was supposed to submit a convincing application by July 2023, which is getting close to the "frantically looking for excuses why you haven't handed in your coursework for an initial review" stage now unless they've been working behind the scenes and not telling anyone.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Don't worry, they have an "oven ready" application.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You know I had forgotten that we'd attempted to join that. The Johnson years really were Trumpian in his bizarre poo poo. At least he didn't try and sell Guernsey to purchase Greenland.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

You know I had forgotten that we'd attempted to join that. The Johnson years really were Trumpian in his bizarre poo poo. At least he didn't try and sell Guernsey to purchase Greenland.

Would be a good deal

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Notable Pacific island the UK

The other pedo island, the Pitcairns (pop 57) are still a British Overseas Territory.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's the islands where everyone was illegally evicted too. Not sure which will look better on our application. :yum:

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Don't worry, they have an "oven ready" application.
Can't believe that Boris would say he'd do something and then just not.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"No thanks" replies the collective TPP, "we already have Australia."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of two dozen nonces, they tried doing the poll again.
https://twitter.com/brianmoore666/status/1673277930410065925
:laugh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's weird to me that Brian Moore isn't a hideously reactionary gammon. Based entirely on what he was like as an England player decades ago.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Aren't Rugby players known for being surprisingly intelligent off the pitch? Like looking it up he's a qualified solicitor. Also was a lifelong Labour member until 2003 when he resigned in protest of Iraq.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol Labour:

https://twitter.com/labourlist/status/1673298980380213248?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Aren't Rugby players known for being surprisingly intelligent off the pitch? Like looking it up he's a qualified solicitor. Also was a lifelong Labour member until 2003 when he resigned in protest of Iraq.

Dunno about nowadays but back when Moore was playing, when union was an amateur sport, it was overloaded with public school boys, & I tend to have a prejudice against them. But then Moore isn't one of them either, somehow.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Eh idk if that's a generalisation I could stand behind, but at least the typical eggchaser gets a full school education rather than being shipped off to a football academy at 12

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1673310381148602368?t=MHBS8lv-p4V5f4AbRXqu6w&s=19

Does anyone even notice these pledges coming and going these days? Could anyone except sicko FBPE freaks even name a single, current ideological position of Starman's Labour? Do they even make it into the news at all? What is the point of all this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I just remember my mum saying how cricket and rugby players are the opposite of what you'd expect. All the rugby players come off the field and are like "oh yas Tarquin we really played a blinder wotwot" whereas the cricketers come off and speak right common.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1673310381148602368?t=MHBS8lv-p4V5f4AbRXqu6w&s=19

Does anyone even notice these pledges coming and going these days? Could anyone except sicko FBPE freaks even name a single, current ideological position of Starman's Labour? Do they even make it into the news at all? What is the point of all this

I think even the fbpes are turning on him as Labour are a brexit party

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That John Harris interview was pretty funny in that the two tories he met one of them said they were going to vote Lib Dem and the other said that he was really impressed with Keith's Labour.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone who thinks rugby players are highbrow has never spent any amount of time around rugby players post-game when poo poo gets real weird in the name of male bonding

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The handshake meme only it's lowbrow gay fetish clubs and highbrow academic rugby clubs and instead of hands it's two men pressing their arse cheeks together so that a third man can use the cracks as a funnel to drink a pitcher of beer.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Failed Imagineer posted:

Maybe they’ve decided that people report on / remember policy pledges more than policy abandonments, thus the optimal strategy is to pledge and then quickly abandon as many as possible

Would be interesting to see what’s the longest any policy has lasted in Starmer’s Labour. What’s the oldest pledge they still have?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

Maybe they’ve decided that people report on / remember policy pledges more than policy abandonments, thus the optimal strategy is to pledge and then quickly abandon as many as possible

Would be interesting to see what’s the longest any policy has lasted in Starmer’s Labour. What’s the oldest pledge they still have?

"Better Things Aren't Possible". It's an implicit pledge, sure, but it's definitely a firm commitment

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

The handshake meme only it's lowbrow gay fetish clubs and highbrow academic rugby clubs and instead of hands it's two men pressing their arse cheeks together so that a third man can use the cracks as a funnel to drink a pitcher of beer.

Feeling glad my rugby career ended after 2 games for my school and 1 concussion. Of course this being 1998 I got a 5 minute break to shake the concussion off before going back to playing.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For anyone in the market for a quarter of a million pound shed in Scotland

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135486347

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1673052193631469569

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Lol, I could build a deluxe version of that exact size shed in my garden for less than a tenth of that price (wiring and plumbing included)

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://averypublicsociologist.blogspot.com/2023/06/triangulating-trouble.html

quote:

It appears nothing can stop Labour from winning the next election, which raises the question about why Starmer and Rachel Reeves are not just pushing the fiscal rules line, but are rowing back on a slate of promises. What's in it for them politically?

If we want to take a 4D chess approach, remembering that Reeves is a whizz on the chequered board, being seen to gut Labour policies has a theory of political success behind it. Following the self-serving incantations of electoral wizard Peter Mandelson, if a Labour leader seizes hold of a radical pledge and opens its throat in full view of the public, those voters will beat a path to the party's door. Seriousness and intent is measured not by the desire to implement and deliver a policy, but by abandoning it. This demonstrates ruthlessness and leadership, qualities swing voters apparently are ga-ga for. It shows a Labour leader will not be bound by their supporters, and can be trusted to kick them in the teeth. Even when it's not necessary.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
well they whizzed on the chequered board anyway

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Turns out the author here’s father is head of the World Bank lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol, I could build a deluxe version of that exact size shed in my garden for less than a tenth of that price (wiring and plumbing included)

yes, but could you convince a desperate student with a relatively high likelihood of access to mum and dad's cash to pay exorbitant rent on it

i assume the rental market in st andrews hasn't gotten any less ridiculous over the past ten years

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Angepain posted:

yes, but could you convince a desperate student with a relatively high likelihood of access to mum and dad's cash to pay exorbitant rent on it

Given that I live in Dublin, I almost certainly could, yeah.

(Not gonna tho)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

lol that most of the 16 pics are outdoor shots

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I don’t know if anyone can take a smidge of good news, but I’ve just had the third request inside two weeks from our charity retail customers to assist them in updating their boys and girls clothing ranges to simply “children’s clothes.” At the charity I’ve just spoken to (a big national one you’d definitely know) the lady said it’s just a starting point and within five years they’ll not have menswear/ladieswear any more either, and her colleague interrupted and said he’d be amazed if that takes any longer than two years. I know charities are generally on the right side of things anyway, but it’s a nice reminder that TERFs definitely aren’t speaking for the population at large.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Tesseraction posted:

lol that most of the 16 pics are outdoor shots

And that it’s made of wood on a place called woodburn terrace.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

St. Andrews people sure know how to extract funds from English toffs.

That's like 4 times more per month than my mortgage, and my house is made of bricks and has stairs that go up to a whole nother floor.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 26, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

I would not like to live on the East Coast of Scotland in a wooden house. Also you can get a larger bungalow for £40k cheaper and it's only 5 minutes more walk from the university. Absolutely rotten

...at least your shed is a freehold i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Guavanaut posted:

Speaking of two dozen nonces, they tried doing the poll again.
https://twitter.com/brianmoore666/status/1673277930410065925
:laugh: