Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

...! posted:

I had no idea dril raps

What can't the man do

Spend less money on candles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just, what?

https://twitter.com/MILFmassacre/status/1673331974583336961?s=20

This is a new side effect of long COVID I've not heard of. Better than permanently losing your sense of taste or smell I guess.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s actually related. Used to be disgusted by the smell and taste of semen now it doesn’t bother me at all! Thanks long Covid!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

N. Senada posted:

It’s actually related. Used to be disgusted by the smell and taste of semen now it doesn’t bother me at all! Thanks long Covid!

Heck when I had covid it was the only thing I could keep down!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's just salty now, like MSG.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
...What does covid do to people that are already bi? :ohdear: Are we immune, or does it force us to "choose"?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Read After Burning posted:

...What does covid do to people that are already bi? :ohdear: Are we immune, or does it force us to "choose"?

sorry, you are now asexual, I don't make the rules

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You become quadsexual.

Funnily I generally describe it as "becoming bi" because I didn't experience same sex attraction until I was in my 20's and I attribute it primarily to being exposed to different ways of looking at the world and people and that changing me as a person.

So it feels weird to claim I was "always this way" because that feels like saying I was always tall, or always good at my job. Just because I one day developed the ability due to environmental input doesn't mean it always had it.

So the only weird bit is feeling like you really need to try to do it.

E: oh also covid giving you brain damage and making you bi that's also weird as a trigger.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Jun 26, 2023

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

By that logic "Tim Pool" is also a slur.

Bi people aren't immune, but the only effect it has is increasing suspicion of Pears.

BooDooBoo has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Jun 26, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

What this lady is saying is the exact same thing as saying that being white is the natural state for humans therefore describing anyone as white is unnecessary and hateful. You should only ever mention a person's race if they aren't white. And you need to directly reference a non-white person's race every time you speak about them. It should be understood that any time a person's race isn't mentioned, that person is white.

She's dogwhistling and she's not being particularly subtle about it either.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

...! posted:

What this lady is saying is the exact same thing as saying that being white is the natural state for humans therefore describing anyone as white is unnecessary and hateful. You should only ever mention a person's race if they aren't white. And you need to directly reference a non-white person's race every time you speak about them. It should be understood that any time a person's race isn't mentioned, that person is white.

She's dogwhistling and she's not being particularly subtle about it either.
Yep. "Don't call me straight", "don't call me white", etc. She's might be a little upset when she finds out what the "default" gender has basically always been.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

She's not even right that people don't order 'caffeinated' coffee, I hear that all the time from customers that have also ordered something decaf and want to specify.

What a bunch of stupid assholes.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Vib Rib posted:

"don't call me white",

Leave fat Mike outta this

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1673392804075274240?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mark Zuckerberg this blood is on your hands! If only you'd finished the legs!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

“Safe, accessible ways to explore” read a book

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/5GuysDebord/status/1673403645923082240

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Silly Newbie posted:

It's a fundamental building block of things that are practical. A couple months ago I had to find the volume of an irregular solid - I needed to know how much mulch to buy for my front yard. Knowing order of operations is one of the things that leads you to the further steps you need to get to the answer.

i would simply buy way too much mulch and then let it get mouldy in a giant garden bag

im a professional landscaper

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Didn’t they also literally just release a new public use high res 3d scan of the wreck?

It’s already “in the metaverse” and it didn’t prevent poo poo!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Can't lie, I would be 100% down for some kind of high quality VR thing where you explore the wreck.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

don't need no metaverse or submarines to play the 1996 computer classic Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

kazil posted:

don't need no metaverse or submarines to play the 1996 computer classic Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

Hell yes. They actually released that on Steam so it runs on modern computers too.

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

She's not even right that people don't order 'caffeinated' coffee, I hear that all the time from customers that have also ordered something decaf and want to specify.

What a bunch of stupid assholes.

Right? I don’t feel like it’s uncommon for the barista to ask “regular or decaf?”

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Pipistrelle posted:

Right? I don’t feel like it’s uncommon for the barista to ask “regular or decaf?”

yeah, good point. that's why we should just call people either regular or trans.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm reminded there's an absolutely dedicated but likely insane team who are recreating the titanic in the first Mafia game engine for 16 years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KmAMP74Ax0

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Honestly a Google street view style thing of the bottom of the ocean would be rad as hell. I'd spend hours lost down there.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm reminded there's an absolutely dedicated but likely insane team who are recreating the titanic in the first Mafia game engine for 16 years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KmAMP74Ax0

seems kinda pointless when you can just play the 1996 classic Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I just wish there was some video games where I can explore the Titanic

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Have any of you guys heard of Titanic: Adventure Out of Time?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

No, what's it about?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I have no idea, I was hoping someone else did :(

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I did some freelance design work for a guy who owns a bunch of bars where I live and he named one of them after the year the Titanic crashed because it turns out he's a Titanic truther and insisted I listen to podcasts about the conspiracy ... and I must say, I'm like 10-15% convinced he may be right*.

* he's not right but the insurance scam "theory" is somewhat compelling if you want it to be

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Wasn’t that one of those full motion video adventure games that were popular for about 30 seconds in the 90s?

fullroundaction posted:

* he's not right but the insurance scam "theory" is somewhat compelling if you want it to be

I hear that was debunked when they found “Titanic” stamped on the metalwork of the wreck.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

grittyreboot posted:

I just wish there was some video games where I can explore the Titanic

i found a cd rom version of the douglas adams starship titanic game in a box on the sixde of the road last year it owns

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Bargearse posted:

Wasn’t that one of those full motion video adventure games that were popular for about 30 seconds in the 90s?

I hear that was debunked when they found “Titanic” stamped on the metalwork of the wreck.

It's been a long time since this all happened, but IIRC (assuming this is even true) they found a bunch of serial numbers on the wreckage that matched up with its sister ship or something like that, which I think is the nexus of that entire thing.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Bargearse posted:

No, it does an odd kind of 'stop-motion' for the characters' sprites, kinda like Fallout 1 and 2's talking heads.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

fullroundaction posted:

It's been a long time since this all happened, but IIRC (assuming this is even true) they found a bunch of serial numbers on the wreckage that matched up with its sister ship or something like that, which I think is the nexus of that entire thing.

oh yeah shipyards in the 1900s, very very careful about stock control and chain of custody

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Byzantine posted:

No, it does an odd kind of 'stop-motion' for the characters' sprites, kinda like Fallout 1 and 2's talking heads.

Does it have anything to do with the so-called "Titanic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

fullerene posted:

oh yeah shipyards in the 1900s, very very careful about stock control and chain of custody

Especially when two ships are being assembled side by side. Ol' Gartholomew definitely never took the wrong box to the wrong ship, no sir.