Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

you can go to Store -> Recommended and on the express supply pass (welkin) itll say whether you redeemed todays or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Clarste posted:

The basic rule of SU is pick any path, and do whatever it takes to get as many blessings of that path as possible. The power of Resonances and synergies make off-path choices always your second choice, no matter what they are. Honestly I would call this a flaw as a roguelike, as it's a pretty boring way to meet a victory condition.

yeah I thought this was kinda funny because the Elysian Realm meta really encourages just trying to get as many bonuses as possible these days, so it felt like they were trying to avoid that. both modes feel like they would benefit from much more active balance changes each patch but they also are the "easy" endgame mode so the changes come in pretty slow to not upset people that invest into characters that randomly become useless because of re-balancing.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Maybe it changes at TL60, but so far I haven't felt like I'm forced to hardcore commit to a single path to beat any of the SU worlds. If you want to get the biggest numbers or beat a boss way before you're "supposed" to, sure, but in general? Nah. Take whatever seems interesting.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Zurai posted:

Maybe it changes at TL60, but so far I haven't felt like I'm forced to hardcore commit to a single path to beat any of the SU worlds. If you want to get the biggest numbers or beat a boss way before you're "supposed" to, sure, but in general? Nah. Take whatever seems interesting.

Nihility break effect bonus is a slam pick for me every time

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

There are definitely times where you want to pick up something outside of your chosen path. But the content is also pretty easy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zurai posted:

If you want to get the biggest numbers

There's other things to do in SU?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

AParadox posted:

Is anyone using Yanqing? I'm thinking about leveling him since MoC 8-9 is so hostile to JY but he has such a feast or famine looking kit that could drive me crazy in any challenging content. Am I reading him wrong and he is actually just good?

Eimi posted:

He really really wants Gepard. His buff doesn't go away if he gets hit while shielded.

edit: never mind, upon looking into it more I think I was just flat out wrong.

I hear this said a lot and it honestly doesn't feel that bad? I dunno, I don't run Yanqing that often so there might be something I'm missing. Like usually you'd want to E + ult at end of turn anyway. There aren't too many instances where you'd want to E + <wait for others to go> + ult.

The only instances where it's relevant (that I can think of, anyway) are if the enemy (1) has a counterattack, or (2) hits you in between turns which gives you just enough energy to fill up your ult. Now that I've just picked up Gepard, it definitely felt like a boost in QoL for sure.

Most of your damage is in your ult though, and he really wants his buff up when you ult or you'll be losing a lot of damage. To the point where if your ult bar is full and you don't have the buff, it's still worth 'wasting' your energy and hit E before your ult.

The other thing about Yanqing is that he's braindead easy to build on low investment. I'm going by this guide (as in, I haven't done the spreadsheets myself for my own characters) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0fBSVKGBw0, but he's got so much innate crit/critdmg% in his kit, that building atk% is actually competitive with and maybe sometimes even better than building CDMG%, and you probably don't want to build crit% because he hits crit cap at something stupid like 25%. So, he's a pretty good candidate for slurping up all your atk% pieces while you feed your actual good crit pieces to your other dps.

Actually the worst part about Yanqing is his stupid chuckle at the end of his ult. Worse, he does the chuckle no matter which language you play him in, and the VAs all manage to nail the stupid-ness and annoyingness but in slightly different ways!

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 26, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

you can go to Store -> Recommended and on the express supply pass (welkin) itll say whether you redeemed todays or not

Says I got it already so I guess I'm good. It did remind me I had some shards so I bought myself some fuel refills so I can save some jade when I do my SU runs tonight.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
What relic set/stats do pela and asta want?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Asta wants either Musketeer or Break Effect depending on how you use her, and Fleet of the Ageless set. It's also not horrible to stack some crit on her if you go BE since her traces give her a decent amount of crit rate and will give her some extra damage, especially against single targets. Most people go Musketeer and pure support though.

I dunno about Pela, but Effect Hit would be her most important stat.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
What stats on the rope, orb, and chest for support?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

For Pela: ERR on Rope. W/E on Orb (I use ice damage), Speed boots, effect hit chest (unless you have 40+% effect hit rate substats, because she gets a free 20% from traces). Effect hit , musketeer relic sets. If you have them, use incessant rain or resolution shines like pearls in sweat (superimposed to 5 ideally for 100% base hit rate)

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 26, 2023

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just pulled bailu, i dont have a 5 star hyper carry so would something like the first 8 units I have be good to move forward with? I guess also pela once I get her too right?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

padijun posted:

What stats on the rope, orb, and chest for support?

For Asta, you care about defenses if she's pure support. Def and HP. She also wants an ER rope so you can ult every 3 turns for maximum uptime. Funny enough you don't want Speed boots on her since it depletes her charges faster, though you want her fast enough that late game enemies don't loop her. You can also go Vonwacg on her if you really care about her ult, but Fleet is the best whether you use her for Break or not. IMO, like SW you should just put the Break set on her anyway. She is the single best fire breaker in the game, especially with her first 2 eidolons.

Futaba Anzu posted:

just pulled bailu, i dont have a 5 star hyper carry so would something like the first 8 units I have be good to move forward with?

Sushang may not be 5*, but she's a great hyper carry. Especially at E1.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I spent some of my stockpile of resin today trying to farm good artifacts for Natasha, and I didn't get jack poo poo from the healer set. On the other hand, I actually got a bunch of incredible cowboy artifacts for her...

And I happened to have SSS in gold with the right mainstat and speed substats, so... gently caress it, I guess my Natasha is a sub-sub-DPS now :D

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Healer set is kind of trash imo. It's great for the extra skill point on turn 1, but otherwise Nat is better off with the Musketeer set. I think all of the healers are, though Luocha might enjoy the Imaginary set.

Nat looks good!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was just thinking the healing set was possibly a waste even on Nat, lol

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I run Qingque, you can pry that bonus point from my cold dead hands :colbert:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How common are the 4* LCs from the Echo of War bosses? I received one at EL5 both last week and this week after never seeing one for EL4, even though they were listed as a possible reward.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

all I know is I've only ever gotten one from the echoes since starting the game

my pure conjecture is its the same rate as billets in genshin

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

The Healer set is kind of trash imo. It's great for the extra skill point on turn 1, but otherwise Nat is better off with the Musketeer set. I think all of the healers are, though Luocha might enjoy the Imaginary set.

Yeah makes sense, and funnily enough, since my Nat is so insanely fast now (my wretched purple healer relics didn't even have a single substat point of speed on them before... [and also the boots weren't speed boots]) it kind of feels like I get that extra skill point anyways due to the fact that she's moving first.

Walla posted:

Nat looks good!

Thanks!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Detheros posted:

I run Qingque, you can pry that bonus point from my cold dead hands :colbert:

Might want 2 Healer sets with Quinque! That's about the only case where it's good.

Pain of Mind posted:

How common are the 4* LCs from the Echo of War bosses? I received one at EL5 both last week and this week after never seeing one for EL4, even though they were listed as a possible reward.

I haven't won a single one yet, but I'm only at EL4.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

as it is, i might use the quantum set on my natasha.
only because that's the only set i managed to roll healing output on.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The doctor set is hypothetically trash but every time I try to do MoC the team that doesn't have Nat in it feels weirdly super awkward for a turn or 2. More than what I would expect out of a 1 skill point difference. I've resigned myself to using it forever, and once I get a second healer they're gonna use it forever too.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
That feeling when you lose the 50/50 to Clara, then spend the next two weeks squeezing all the free jades you can to finally get SW under the wire: :hellyeah:

That feeling when you realize that means you have to build her, after you just hit EL3, and that you most likely won't get Kafka on her debut: :sigh:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I spent way more jade than I should, but March, Gepard and Sushang are as traced out as I'm willing to go. Level 8 is the max for traces at A5 so that's what they all have in their important stats. Sushang was the most expensive since she wants everything but her basic, and I might grind that just to have her be complete. Also their A2, A4 and passives. Next on my list is Herta I think. I'm hoping to pull Pela and I really want to try a gimmick mono ice team. It might not be good, but it'll be funny.

After some testing, March is actually better than Gepard for Sushang. Since shields last for the individual character's turns instead of the shielder's turns, Sushang will always deplete her shield first. Also March appears to always give her free shield to whoever is in the left if everyone is at full health. This means March can shield herself on turn 1 and draw all of the aggro to her while Sushang has protection from aoe strikes. March's shield adds 500% aggro, so she ends up with around a 75% chance of being attacked.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sushang does so much damage on broken enemies, skill->ultimate->skill on top of speed boosts and advance forward bonuses, feels like i'm doing a total of like 150k+ on her in one 'combo' and then if its the end of a cycle and her speed catches up to do skill again, its like jeez

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sushang is the strongest character in the game (don't talk to me about numbers, cinemasins) (this is the correct opinion to have)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hot take: i hate that freaking chicken

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sushang also makes a great sub DPS if you have eidolons. She can just spam her basic until an enemy is broken and then switch into full turbo mode.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like how Sushang does her best even if her parents are terrible and she's a big dumbass

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Is Sushang really just "some random cute girl soldier" or am I missing some Honkai multiverse joke in her design/character

Which is fine mind you, I just thought it's curious when every other character has some tragic backstory or is some genius or some high-ranking personnel and then she just seems like a normal girl with a normal job.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

blizzardvizard posted:

Is Sushang really just "some random cute girl soldier" or am I missing some Honkai multiverse joke in her design/character

Which is fine mind you, I just thought it's curious when every other character has some tragic backstory or is some genius or some high-ranking personnel and then she just seems like a normal girl with a normal job.
hook is literally just some 10-year old with a cool mining tool

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

excuse me, qingque is a normal girl with a normal job (that she takes exactly as seriously as she needs to and not one iota more)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

She studied The Blade to the detriment of her education , that's pretty tragic

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Im incredibly salty I dont have Sushang and probably won't for a while :(

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

blizzardvizard posted:

She's a Honkai expy, though honestly not that different from her Honkai form. Both of them are connected to the raksha Otto/Luocha as well. Sushang was the daughter of one of Fu Hua's students. This student ended up dying, and Sushang blamed Hua for it. They fought, and Hua won, Sushang has to be healed by Abyss Flower thanks to Otto, where she in kept in stasis for 500 years before Otto thaws her out though she fights for him less for revenge but more because she owes him. Sushang is regardless a very carefree character, and while she can read in Honkai Impact, she can only read classical Chinese and has no idea about anything modern, so same kind of vibes.

What's important is her ult looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahV_LDBQC8&t=34s

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

sword chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

JT Jag posted:

Pitch-Dark Hook THE GREAT is literally just the leader of the most feared gang the Underworld has ever known with a cool mining tool