Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

dr_rat posted:

Look until some ones dose the needful and kills and eats Grimace we really will never know alas. :(

We don't need to kill him, we only want to taste a piece of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

That's right, we just need to find what they did with the arms they cut off him.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

davidspackage posted:

That's right, we just need to find what they did with the arms they cut off him.

They have them in a cloning vat. That’s what they make the nuggets out of

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

dr_rat posted:

Look until some ones dose the needful and kills and eats Grimace we really will never know alas. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZVzl1xBF8

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Lobok posted:

Too bad
https://youtu.be/YsfHAsNJngA

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Roundabout posted:

This (RARE!) video contains a coded message to her fellow V.I.L.E. agents on her whereabouts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMqfD2vInLo

I don't know the musical term for it, but it sounds like Rockapella used some of the the same background vocals(?) at 0:24 in a Folgers commercial which was sampled by Neil Ciceraga. I wonder if that part actually came from the Carmen Sandiego version?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The weird thing is, a grimace is an expression of disgust or pain. Is that what McDonald's wants to convey with the characters that presumably eat their food or is Grimace sort of an outlier or some poo poo where he hates yummy things and he's the grouchy bad guy?

Not saying that grimacing isn't an accurate reaction to consuming McDonalds, mind you, but I wouldn't want to highlight it in a marketing campaing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Have a burger, meet our mascot Reflux

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Data Graham posted:

H-hi, are you new?
I believe last time I met your colleague Diarrhoea

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lobok posted:

Or eat one of his relatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXwZrQKL-U&t=1532s
(Should start at the relevant place at 1532)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Data Graham posted:

Hahahajaha

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

BiggerBoat posted:

The weird thing is, a grimace is an expression of disgust or pain. Is that what McDonald's wants to convey with the characters that presumably eat their food or is Grimace sort of an outlier or some poo poo where he hates yummy things and he's the grouchy bad guy?

Not saying that grimacing isn't an accurate reaction to consuming McDonalds, mind you, but I wouldn't want to highlight it in a marketing campaing.

Yes, he started out as the bad guy who was stealing milkshakes but that scared the kiddies so he was redeemed (and lost a couple arms, since he started with like, four) and became friendly.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
My girlfriend is a huge McDonald's fan, and she said that they're all based off Mr Puffinsfuff and Grimace is based off a red spider

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

How many times is some goon going to roll out from under the nearest couch to proclaim their partner the vizier of McDonaldland

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Facebook Aunt posted:

Or eat one of his relatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXXwZrQKL-U&t=1532s
(Should start at the relevant place at 1532)

Is there any Klasky-Csupo cartoon that isn't the most hideous poo poo you've ever seen (with the exception of Duckman where being loving nauseating looking helps)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

My uncle works for McDonalds and he says Ronald is based off Pagliacci and Mayor McCheese embezzled from city funds

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

freeedr posted:

How many times is some goon going to roll out from under the nearest couch to proclaim their partner the vizier of McDonaldland

Lol what if this is how a bunch of goons discover they’re all dating the same woman

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
Oh gently caress, does her husband post here?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

eonblue174 posted:

Oh gently caress, does her husband post here?

Yup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The kids on tiktok know.

https://twitter.com/JakeyT360/statu...videos-gen-z%2F

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It's funny that this keeps coming up. Just the other day I was telling several of my hideous boyfriends that Grimace is actually based on a H.R. Pufnstuf character. (I'm a bit of a McDonaldland scholar)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Poor Richard Kind, what happened to him?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

:colbert:

Hyperlynx posted:

Huh. Does that mean you're expected to grimace when you taste their food?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Bing Bong got a rhinoplasty.

deoju has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Jun 27, 2023

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I can't tell you, it would make you Grimace.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

I :love: gen z dadaism so much

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

freeedr posted:

I started laughing at this and then had to explain to my wife what the joke was.

What followed was a complete breakdown of all of the McDonaldland characters, their creators BY NAME and she is currently looking for the power point she made for her doctoral thesis from when she attended Hamburger University in Chicago

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Busket Posket posted:

I :love: gen z dadaism so much

Yeah, that’s pretty good

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Libra posted:

It's funny that this keeps coming up. Just the other day I was telling several of my hideous boyfriends that Grimace is actually based on a H.R. Pufnstuf character. (I'm a bit of a McDonaldland scholar)

I feel like I’m ground floor at the next great goonlore bit :lmao:

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

freeedr posted:

My girlfriend dumped me when she found out I prefer In-N-Out, she said the Hamburgler would come for her if they found out about us.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

these are all the same basic joke but I still cackled at each and every one of them

the kids are alright

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

fullerene posted:

these are all the same basic joke but I still cackled at each and every one of them

the kids are alright

Part of the fun is seeing those build on each other, you almost believe the dude in the car is going to make it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Barometer posted:

Yes, he started out as the bad guy who was stealing milkshakes but that scared the kiddies so he was redeemed (and lost a couple arms, since he started with like, four) and became friendly.

*Grimace, shackled to a table* please. You don't have to do this, I'll change my ways!

*Ronald McDonald, approaching with a saw in his hand* yes yes, you say that now, but I think you need something to remind you.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

oh thats weird, my wife also went to the Hamburger University. Got a masters in photography and did her thesis on pickles, let me ask her what year she graduated

e: it was the University of Hamburg

e2: philosophy not photography, Hegel not pickles

e3: great, now i apparently need to google what kind of condiment a "Scheidung" is

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Heath posted:

Is there any Klasky-Csupo cartoon that isn't the most hideous poo poo you've ever seen (with the exception of Duckman where being loving nauseating looking helps)

Even for how generically boring and ugly McDonalds general design was, like wow. The proportions are all over the place and that face is a face of sadness.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

boofhead posted:

oh thats weird, my wife also went to the Hamburger University. Got a masters in photography and did her thesis on pickles, let me ask her what year she graduated

e: it was the University of Hamburg

e2: philosophy not photography, Hegel not pickles

e3: great, now i apparently need to google what kind of condiment a "Scheidung" is

Huh, I dated a girl in high school that was assembling a portfolio for undergrad work in dill photography. Before we broke up she said something about "the McCheese scholarship" and when she got distracted she'd doodle these weird purple splotches. She left me for a guy named Big Mac

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

I think if you examine it deeply enough you'll find guillotine goes yah

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Libra posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My wife when she sees a McDonald’s fry on the ground