Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Anyone who thinks rugby players are highbrow has never spent any amount of time around rugby players post-game when poo poo gets real weird in the name of male bonding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSFWGLAZYG4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Feels like we’ve got another major case of “things we knew but just decided to notice” underway

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Imagine Italy being more on the ball than... anyone

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

It's weird to me that Brian Moore isn't a hideously reactionary gammon. Based entirely on what he was like as an England player decades ago.

He was a hard player but he seems like a good bloke. He has been open about how he was abused as a child and what he did to eventually overcome the trauma. He also trained as a manicurist so he could work at his wife's nail salon. If only every man was as comfortable with their masculinity as he is.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 26, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Anyone who thinks rugby players are highbrow has never spent any amount of time around rugby players post-game when poo poo gets real weird in the name of male bonding

pls PM if you have stories

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sanford posted:

I don’t know if anyone can take a smidge of good news, but I’ve just had the third request inside two weeks from our charity retail customers to assist them in updating their boys and girls clothing ranges to simply “children’s clothes.”
Can't wait to see this in the papers as 'Woke charity refuses to sell girls clothes.'

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Keir Starmer promises to ease tensions between Labour and India

keir might actually break the british pakistan labour voter link lol

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Gonna be great in 40 years when they release a bunch of documents showing that starmer really was an mi5 op

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Whenever I've got charity shopping of late it's been pretty hard to find men's clothes generally tbh.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Starmer waiting until after Obama called Modi an "illiberal democrat" before declaring his undying love for the fascist pissbaby is peak Starmer

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Years ago when I was between jobs I worked in an Oxfam shop. We used to open bags of clothes in the back and fleas would jump out. Then one day opened a donation bag full of men's trousers and every single pair had been pissed in. God knows what they thought we would do with them. Straight in the bin.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Feels like we’ve got another major case of “things we knew but just decided to notice” underway

My sources say that Boris Johnson is getting the death penalty, for treason. I am pro-life and take full pleasure in reporting this.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jel Shaker posted:

Keir Starmer promises to ease tensions between Labour and India

keir might actually break the british pakistan labour voter link lol
"Some UK Indians have also complained that the party has focused more on poorer inner-city Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities than on them."

Some UK Anglos have also complained that Labour has focused more on poor urban Blacks than on them. These people are also cunts.

I guess Labour is going for the vote of Cunthorpe Man now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Gonna be great in 40 years when they release a bunch of documents showing that starmer really was an mi5 op

Again, he's the former DPP. He ran the MI5 ops. He presented his case for leadership based on how many MI5 ops he'd run. Bunch of soft-left morons just didn't listen when he was telling them he was their enemy and would loving ruin them.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

"Some UK Indians have also complained that the party has focused more on poorer inner-city Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities than on them."

Some UK Anglos have also complained that Labour has focused more on poor urban Blacks than on them. These people are also cunts.

I guess Labour is going for the vote of Cunthorpe Man now.

Gonna play well in winning back Glasgow

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
this week's stereotype target voter is DONCASTER FLATROOF PUB BLOKE :manning:

WITH A MISSING THUMB

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

and for the 600th week running the key issue has been "the n words"

is there anything else in this loving thing?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Years ago when I was between jobs I worked in an Oxfam shop. We used to open bags of clothes in the back and fleas would jump out. Then one day opened a donation bag full of men's trousers and every single pair had been pissed in. God knows what they thought we would do with them. Straight in the bin.

Piss man was probably a fetishist let's be real

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

We'll just take that as a confession, TWZ.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

OwlFancier posted:

Whenever I've got charity shopping of late it's been pretty hard to find men's clothes generally tbh.

There’s a number of reasons for that which I won’t go into because they’re pretty boring but your observation is broadly correct from a sector-wide perspective. Do you have any favourite charity shops, may I ask?

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

Sanford posted:

There’s a number of reasons for that which I won’t go into because they’re pretty boring

I always like how this thread has a rotating succession of wonks with niche knowledge. Please, bore us!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/shitbritishpics/status/1673437727172247553?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Obviously men wear the same clothes until they disintegrate because you can’t throw that t-shirt out that’s my favourite one it’s only got a couple of holes and women change their outfits every 30 minutes so naturally generate more excess clothing for charity :biotruths:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the hip thing right now is the Vinted app

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sanford posted:

There’s a number of reasons for that which I won’t go into because they’re pretty boring but your observation is broadly correct from a sector-wide perspective. Do you have any favourite charity shops, may I ask?

Just what we have nearby, teeside hospice, redcar has a few on the high street like cancer research and I think maybe an age UK. A YMCA maybe. Honestly I usually just hit whichever ones are around, can't really be picky when they all have so little choice.

To be honest I stopped looking for the most part because it was just pretty dire. I wear clothes other than work clothes so infrequently that it doesn't really matter I guess. You just used to get more interesting stuff in charity shops. I have a selection of coats I got from them, some of which are probably older than me.

I would say personally that it is probably helpful to have the equivalent of a mens/womens section just so I can find what I'm looking for. Also not least cos they're usually sized a bit different.

Obviously men wear the same clothes until they disintegrate because you can’t throw that t-shirt out that’s my favourite one it’s only got a couple of holes and women change their outfits every 30 minutes so naturally generate more excess clothing for charity :biotruths:

it me fr fr

I think most of my clothes are verging on 15 years old at this point other than my work ones. Only chuck it out if it's got too many holes in.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 26, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My clothes usually follow the 'good clothes' > 'yeah ok clothes' > 'painting/gardening/repointing clothes' > 'dusters' > 'rags' > 'kindling' pipeline.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1673277674540904449?s=20

Good, those public sector workers have had it good for too long

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Isn't doing that basically just hammering a big red button that says "GENERAL STRIKE" as hard and fast as they can?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
But rising pay is causing inflation!

Hold on, I'm being handed a piece of paper

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
inflation is bad because it means your money is worth less, wait what do you mean you want to be paid more

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Skulker posted:

Isn't doing that basically just hammering a big red button that says "GENERAL STRIKE" as hard and fast as they can?

Governments already gonna lose the next election, what's Rishi got to stpp him cosplaying as Thatcher? Man's gotta have a hobby when the wife makes all the money.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/edwinhayward/status/1673433664204488704

:toot:

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Currently waiting for them to reject our pay review body which is already 3 months late delivering it's findings.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Currently waiting for them to reject our pay review body which is already 3 months late delivering it's findings.

As I mentioned earler, we're in month 13 of them not agreeing our pay rise with their own body.

The whole thing is criminal - yeah, it always used to take 6 months, but that was every step, we're on step 5 of 13 and have been for 9+ months.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Julio Cruz posted:

inflation is bad because it means your money is worth less, wait what do you mean you want to be paid more

problem: people struggling to afford rent/mortgage
solution: relieve them of the burden of housing costs*

problem: people struggling to afford food
solution: reduce the amount of food they need to buy**

all perfectly logical, whatever are the peasants complaining about?

* by evicting them
** to zero, by starvation

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

forkboy84 posted:

Would be a good deal

guernsey is not particularly more worthwhile than inhabited greenland (sorry, guernsians? guernsites? guernesodes?) and greenland is Very Large and comes with an alarming amount of national waters

if i were the prime minister (and you can plausibly assume that i am not Rishi Sunak) and denmark made that offer, i'd sign it so fast the pen would catch fire

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i guess there might be some issues with forcing greenland danes to speak more english and forcing guernsians to speak danish but eh, y'all are all part of the same continental union, no big deal

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

As I mentioned earler, we're in month 13 of them not agreeing our pay rise with their own body.

The whole thing is criminal - yeah, it always used to take 6 months, but that was every step, we're on step 5 of 13 and have been for 9+ months.

They finally approved ours, after they realised we'd actually asked for less than the 4.5% in the pay remit because our management didn't think inflation would spik3 last year.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Microplastics posted:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1673277674540904449?s=20

Good, those public sector workers have had it good for too long

Know I'm a broken record, but I can't grasp the level of stupidity on display.

If I can't afford my heating bill, or my grocery bill, or my rent, or my mortgage, and I used to be able to on my salary: how the gently caress is that caused by the fact that I have too MUCH money, and I need to be paid less?

The cause is obvious: the war in Ukraine causing energy costs to spike and scarcity through various parts of the supply change, and businesses using that spike and scarcity as an excuse to dramatically price gouge. It's not rocket science! Go after the price gougers, not the punters. Mind boggling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Google Jeb Bush posted:

(and you can plausibly assume that i am not Rishi Sunak)

"My 'I'm not rishi sunak' post is raising a lot of questions already answered by my 'I'm not rishi sunak' post"