Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Administration not agency but gently caress editing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

wait are they building another plant near warren or are they just taking the lordstown one back from the lm idiots

take back, massive expansion, two other massive plants planned. CEO was on market place June 8. they are going to be 40% electric like next year.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Tesla is probably never going to be allowed to fail. Elon is deepstate now

Yeah their stock price is on a lot of books now so I question if they can fail or not at this point as well

I would take anything that gets people to stop talking to/about Elong though

Why can't he just be an evil background puppetmaster like Peter Theil

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Oil is down to $67 a barrel, but gas is above $3.50 again

hmmm this gives me an idea for a backyard refinery scheme

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

I shave with a safety razor and the blades used to com in a nice plastic box that you could discard your used blades safely in now they just come in a cardboard box and I have to put thought into throwing them away

Maybe install a tiny slot into your wall. Then insert used blades in there. They will be someone else’s problem later.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I wrap them in tp, break them into four pieces and flush em

The metal should corrode to nothing in a sewer or septic system pretty quick I would think

Would it be feasible to put them into the metal recycling bin?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I have little plastic boxes to store used blades.

It's still going to a landfill and it's pretty easy to pop them open, so idk how much good it does. I already had to ziptie one closed. Maybe when it's time to dump them I'll let it soak in water and salt to corrode the hell out of them first?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Go bankrupt now, my Lord.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wow what lucky timing for Burns. huh.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

euphronius posted:

wow what lucky timing for Burns. huh.

You can't time the market.

I mean clearly the captains of industry can, and that's why they're so successful and handsome. But you proles simply can't. Like asking apes to split the atom.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I have been informed by mainstream media that AI is being used by pedophiles to create content

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Monkey Fracas posted:

Out of the way with Rivian or whatever smalltime EV losers

I want to see Tesla at long loving last eat poo poo

I got an email from a recruiter about a job at Rivian today

"They are an emerging EV company that is growing!

Currently the Team size is 36 and they are looking to bring on an additional 4 individuals! WOW ! Am I right?"

definitely going to ignore this one!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1673768511447900175

MCU is petering out.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The next phase won't even happen, calling it. People only liked the original movies and that was it, everything else is just fake views

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/JosephPolitano/status/1673800953022103557?s=20

dxt posted:

I got an email from a recruiter about a job at Rivian today

"They are an emerging EV company that is growing!

Currently the Team size is 36 and they are looking to bring on an additional 4 individuals! WOW ! Am I right?"

definitely going to ignore this one!

Someone ITT works at Rivian or worked there at some point.

Recruiters are always lying so :iiam:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Nonsense posted:

The next phase won't even happen, calling it.

As ever, AI is a telltale sign of something badly ill.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

if people really want to work with EV that badly go and join toyota or ford, lmao

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Nonsense posted:

I have been informed by mainstream media that AI is being used by pedophiles to create content

considering that AI can only copy what it was fed... that creates some worrisome implications about the AI databases.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
We now have a chief AI officer at work. And also we are going to put in a phone tree when you call the help desk with an issue and this is somehow AI?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Popoto posted:

considering that AI can only copy what it was fed... that creates some worrisome implications about the AI databases.

That compotes with what I've heard from some folks who poked about the LAION datasets, yes.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Nonsense posted:

if people really want to work with EV that badly go and join toyota or ford, lmao

just go in there with a firm handshake

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

nikosoft posted:

We now have a chief AI officer at work. And also we are going to put in a phone tree when you call the help desk with an issue and this is somehow AI?

we are adding a chatbot to our customer support page and there was a 90 minute meeting about it where management sucked each other off and said the word AI so many times I blacked out.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

nikosoft posted:

You can do that with AI. It's just much more expensive.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

When they started tying the shows into the movies and practically making them a prerequisite, that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

skooma512 posted:

When they started tying the shows into the movies and practically making them a prerequisite, that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

The fact that I can't have been the only one to nope out of that intro when I felt an oncoming migraine can't of helped.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1673807400623652866?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Guardians vol. 3 made $831 million. Let's wait and see what happens with the other marvel movies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yep. Home prices should start going up again too because of it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Quantumania didn't even break even. Marvel movies aren't going away yet but there will at least be fewer of them inshallah.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
think everyone gave up at endgame. that was enough movies and I’m a fan and I just don’t care anymore

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

apropos of nothing much i never understood the antipathy americans have for coming in to work in the office until i realised that you people all live an hour's drive away from your jobs, which is an astounding notion to me

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The guy who ran DC's bunch of superhero TV shows is mad too: https://thedirect.com/article/arrowverse-dc-shows-regret

quote:

the Arrowverse hasn’t led to any other gigs, so it feels — at least on a career level — that I really wasted my time."

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

V. Illych L. posted:

apropos of nothing much i never understood the antipathy americans have for coming in to work in the office until i realised that you people all live an hour's drive away from your jobs, which is an astounding notion to me

Not only that, but it's an hour's commute driving personal vehicles, necessitating hypervigilance the entire time to avoid becoming a post-consumer meat smear. If there was actual functioning public transit in this blasted hellscape, it'd probably be a lot less of a burden on the mind. Not only do you not have to spend your own personal attention to avoid dying, but you could potentially, like, do stuff while commuting. Work, reading, even playing a video game on your phone or something.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Guardians vol. 3 made $831 million. Let's wait and see what happens with the other marvel movies.

I don't think it's a definitive "it's over" thing, but I think the novelty of the MCU which was bringing the Comic Book style of having dozens of ongoing series which share characters, settings, plot points, etc. has worn off - mainly because it's been literally 15 years since Iron Man came out and we've seen other movie studios take a swing at their version of it and they have pretty much all sucked (other than the Joker cinematic universe, of course)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/nandoodles/status/1673806735142789128

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
they will not be refunding any money

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Terms of Service are legal until they aren't.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good. I'm sick of every other movie being some comic book bullshit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Quantumania didn't even break even. Marvel movies aren't going away yet but there will at least be fewer of them inshallah.

Quantumania was not good.

Twerk from Home posted:

The guy who ran DC's bunch of superhero TV shows is mad too: https://thedirect.com/article/arrowverse-dc-shows-regret

This seems to be overall frustration with the new WB owners and the new owners canceling everything.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I don't think it's a definitive "it's over" thing, but I think the novelty of the MCU which was bringing the Comic Book style of having dozens of ongoing series which share characters, settings, plot points, etc. has worn off - mainly because it's been literally 15 years since Iron Man came out and we've seen other movie studios take a swing at their version of it and they have pretty much all sucked (other than the Joker cinematic universe, of course)

Trends for end eventually. adventure movies, westerns, detective movies. Stuff either disappears or just becomes less popular. I don't think superhero stuff is going to go all the way away, but I do think less money will be used in productions and a cut back on the number released in a year.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Good. I'm sick of every other movie being some comic book bullshit.

In 2022, 6 put of 449 movies that came out in the usa and Canada were superhero films. I think you are stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The next phase of movies is video games anyways. SMB is Iron Man