Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ORESAMA PANCHI WA

DAI NO MAITO GA

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Short and sweet

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mhm, hmmm

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

lol @ random Miyata

does Miyata and Sendo even know eachother

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

GateOfD posted:

does Miyata and Sendo even know each other

Yeah, they sparred together when Miyata was prepping for the Randy Boy Jr. fight.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

lol @ random Miyata

does Miyata and Sendo even know eachother

They've made up part of the peanut gallery for a few fights at least.

Heh.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware posted:

ORESAMA PANCHI WA

DAI NO MAITO GA

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

New chapter is up.

It's actually really nice to see Miyata get some motivation back in his life.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 20, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New one..

Just as I was about to post.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Lost my poo poo at 'why would I lose my cool in a spar against someone not even in my weight class' cut to Takamura losing his entire whole mind

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
God drat, the G-Gundam joke got me.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

CaptainRat posted:

God drat, the G-Gundam joke got me.

Same.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i feel like there is increaasing emphasis on the fact that takamura disappears for these trips. i wonder if it'll end up being related to a health problem ro something

the comedy has been unreal these last few chapters. everything about takamura showing up was hilarious

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Sendo is a good boy. :kimchi:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

this miyata character seems interesting
wonder if he will turn out to be a rival for ippo.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Nah he's way too fat

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 1426

...I was wondering who that new guy was until I remembered Kimura was wearing a wig. Pretty happy to fast forward to the Mashiba and Sendo fights after some good comedy.

Break next week.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
wow his punch really was dynamite

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Some good developments all around imo, been really enjoying this arc

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lmao that was like 5 chapters in one, what a treat

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I love that, since Hawk, Takamura has struggled less and less with each title match as he moves up the weight classes and has to cut less. Even Eagle was, albeit slightly, less of a struggle than Hawk.

Now he's down to single panel clobbering. The next title match is going to happen completely off-screen at this pace.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
it's because his weight control isn't as severe as he moves up to his natural weightclass isn't it

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Centzon Totochtin posted:

it's because his weight control isn't as severe as he moves up to his natural weightclass isn't it

That has a lot to do with it, which makes it even more baffling why Kamogawa(Morikawa) kept him in middleweight for so long fighting relative jobbers.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm vaguely remembering maybe halfway that early on in the manga it was said that takamura was kept in a lower weight class because he would barely have anyone to fight otherwise, as he's a pretty big guy naturally. kamogawa probably figured that the lower weight class fights against people who were top-tier in that weight class was better for his development.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah he was constrained by the boxers available in Japan.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
How tall is Takamura supposed to be, anwyay? LIke is he a giant or is he tall for a Japanese dude, like a Japanese pro wrestler?

also Morikawa's G-Gundam watch continues to bare fruit

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He actually had to go down a Weightclass to fight Hawk.

It was noted that Super Middleweight has so far been his best state. But it's possible he could have trouble as he moves up as he will start slowing down, and might start fighting people that hit harder than him. And while his natural weight would put him in the Heavies, he would be a very small Heavy, one who would normally go to a smaller weightclass.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

OnimaruXLR posted:

How tall is Takamura supposed to be, anwyay? LIke is he a giant or is he tall for a Japanese dude, like a Japanese pro wrestler?

also Morikawa's G-Gundam watch continues to bare fruit

185 cm (6'1") in both height and reach.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how does he still have all those belts if he switched weight classes so many times

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don't think they physically take the belt away from you when you switch weight classes, they just make a new belt to give to the next guy

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Takamura's logo is a pair of falcon wings with a giant dangling dick/testicles?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
This is getting good. Also I like these faces.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

trucutru posted:

So Takamura's logo is a pair of falcon wings with a giant dangling dick/testicles?

the fish suit also had a dick lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

GateOfD posted:

how does he still have all those belts if he switched weight classes so many times

you dont gotta give them back, you keep a replica of the belt and he never lost any of them in a fight, just relinquished to move up a class

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Was that a new title match or a title defense i don't remember

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Was that a new title match or a title defense i don't remember

defense

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

trucutru posted:

It’s supposed to be a T, but it was poorly designed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s supposed to be a T, but it was poorly designed.

This is Takamura we're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

trucutru posted:

This is Takamura we're talking about.

You are technically correct, It was the older Takamura brother who designed it, and wanted it to stand for Takamura.