Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
BIRD BOX BARCELONA

That is so much fun to say out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Inzombiac posted:

lmao I rewatched Birdbox the other day and still like it well enough. I'm really glad they never show the monsters/entities. It's the right move.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Didn't Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross do the score for Bird Box? That's one score of theirs I've never revisited.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Weird I suddenly want to go to Six Flags

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did Covid screw up Netflix from releasing this earlier? I remember the original being very popular but now it's been 5 years since release.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Rageaholic posted:

Didn't Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross do the score for Bird Box? That's one score of theirs I've never revisited.

I don't think Trent would want you to, either.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I liked when he turned down Quake 2, just saying "it lacked atmosphere". Which yeah.

lol Strogg.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If I remember this is just how the main character sees the creature as she's afraid of being a mother. Good thing it was cut because it just looks it's for the wrong kind of movie. And also undercuts any horror we get from an unseen monster.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did Covid screw up Netflix from releasing this earlier? I remember the original being very popular but now it's been 5 years since release.

Probably a delay from rewriting an original script about monsters that will kill you if you smell them.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lizard Combatant posted:

Probably a delay from rewriting an original script about monsters that will kill you if you smell them.

FISH BAG

*poster of Casper van Dien wearing a clothes peg on his nose*

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
e: double post

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

davidspackage posted:

FISH BAG

*poster of Casper van Dien wearing a clothes peg on his nose*

The secret is to always be ripping absolute rancid farts.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Not sure how far they could spread those spin offs though. It's really not that long before you get to the stupid senses.

It can only kill you if you TASTE them!!!

Can only kill you if you SENSE OF BALANCE them? :shrug:

Oh god THE MONSTER REPLACED IT'SSELF WITH ONE OF MY LIMBS AND NOW I CAN SENSE IT WITH MY KINESTHETIC RECEPTORS, SO NOW IT CAN KILL ME!!!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Goddamn wicked burn on the picture editor

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Not sure how far they could spread those spin offs though. It's really not that long before you get to the stupid senses.

Oh god THE MONSTER REPLACED IT'SSELF WITH ONE OF MY LIMBS AND NOW I CAN SENSE IT WITH MY KINESTHETIC RECEPTORS, SO NOW IT CAN KILL ME!!!

I’m pretty sure this has happened at some point in Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Pretty sure there's a movie called Thorns about zombies reanimated by a weird fungus that controls the body like a puppet. One character got one arm infected and it started moving by itself.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dr_rat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8MlEWDxxM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

dr_rat posted:

I liked when he turned down Quake 2, just saying "it lacked atmosphere". Which yeah.

lol Strogg.

I think quake 2 got the right soundtrack for the game they wanted to make, the big mistake was calling it quake instead of something unrelated. Even dressing it up a little and changing up the techbase aesthetic in later levels to be more demonic it would have been a decent doom 3.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

dr_rat posted:

lol Strogg.

Direct quote from the guy who actually did Quake 2's soundtrack (from a comment on this video)

Sonic Mayhem posted:

Trent didn't decline because he didn't liked it. He was too busy. When I started talking to id they had no idea what or who they wanted at first. Only after submitting our demo, they wanted to go the metal route.

It's funny how it's practically clockwork that any rumor relating to game development mentioning someone's strong feelings on something turns out to be bullshit. Gonna guess it's the combination of schoolyard gossip culture and the shitton of NDAs that devs are forced to sign on a regular basis.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pope Corky the IX posted:

BIRD BOX BARCELONA

That is so much fun to say out loud.

Bird Box Bar Belona.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Trent was pretty much at the lowest point in his life while they were making Quake 2, so it's completely unsurprising that he didn't get involved (and perhaps also doesn't remember that one interaction perfectly). I assume he was also under plenty of pressure to work on his next album since he was also at the commercial height of his career. Hard to crank out another soundtrack under those conditions, he was not quite the workhorse he is today.

He did quit the Doom 3 project due to "bad management" which may be getting conflated with the Quake 2 story. He was supposed to do some really intricate stuff with the sound design that would kind of create Industrial music-esque soundscapes on the fly (probably too ambitious, really), and also maybe a title song. Some of his sound effects are available as a mod, but that's about it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Neil blomcamp has his share of bombs, but he’s still a recognizable name, I wonder why they left it off the poster

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Was this a fake poster in the Uncharted movie?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Please just let it die. The last ending was really sweet. Leave it alone!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But Inzombiac, what if Bender get Covid

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Autechresaint posted:

Neil blomcamp has his share of bombs, but he’s still a recognizable name, I wonder why they left it off the poster

Elysium is grossly underrated and Chappie is good fun if self parody. Haven't had the heart to check out demonic tho

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

But Inzombiac, what if Bender get Covid

Not even an exaggeration

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Not even an exaggeration

Oh dear.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dire

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The fact that they couldn't even come up with an actual name for the episode

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Episodes 4-10 are all also about a character getting cancelled.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

elonesque post (also, where's the elon episode)

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

ruddiger posted:

elonesque post (also, where's the elon episode)

Gotta wait for the 2033 reboot for Elon Twitter and Billionaire Sub jokes.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Elysium is grossly underrated and Chappie is good fun if self parody. Haven't had the heart to check out demonic tho

Demonic is totally fine if you temper your expectations, since it’s clearly one of Blomkamp’s “Oats Studios” projects extended to feature length.

It was also very clearly conceived as a found-footage movie before being retooled into a more traditional narrative, which rarely works as well as just doing a found footage movie.

It’d probably be better-received if he hadn’t already directed multiple masterpieces.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Speaking as someone who may or may not be connected to the production, Demonic was an experiment by Neill to see if he could shoot a micro budget feature for $1.5 million with a skeleton crew in August of 2020 (it was one of the first films in North America to start shooting after the pandemic shutdown).

The answer was yes, but not a very good one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Oh god WHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gundam Seed was massively popular 20 years ago and everyone who watched it as a kid is a grown up now.