Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Another burn clinic followup appointment tomorrow! :toot:

I had an appointment on the 22nd that went quite well, and they said my burns would basically be healed by now. My middle finger is totally fine & barely even discolored anymore, my ring finger is pinkish but the wounds are totally closed, and my pinky wounds definitely look better but they're not 100% closed yet. Despite the fact that my skin still has 17 1/2 more hours to sew itself up before the appointment starts, I kind of feel like a student who's about to turn in lovely and/or procrastinated homework or something. :v:

edit: snipe :flame:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

apply more lotion/cream

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds like those quacks lied to you, hit em with a malpractice suit :patriot:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IK wars :ohdear:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I love our IKs :allears:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Space Kablooey posted:

apply more lotion/cream

They told me to use Vaseline and I mean, it's clearly working, just more slowly than predicted. As an aside, it kind of started to itch and I Googled it because I thought it meant my pinky was going to fall off or I was going to get gangrene like a 19th century soldier or some poo poo, but apparently that's a sign of healing, so that's cool.

Bad Purchase posted:

sounds like those quacks lied to you, hit em with a malpractice suit :patriot:

I could use my winnings to pay my copays! :patriot:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smug had it coming

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

G🅱️S IKs in sham🅱️les

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Bad Purchase posted:

oh yeah, you're right. i looked at the box. i thought it was just coloring, but it does have some flavoring to it. the one i have is pretty mild though, compared to flavored salts i've tried in the past. so it's not exactly "unflavored", but i guess mildly flavored. in any case, it's very good on popcorn along with some coconut oil.

Coconut oil on popcorn? Do you use it to oil a pot that you heat up kernels in or just drip it over actual popped corn?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

digitalist posted:

Coconut oil on popcorn? Do you use it to oil a pot that you heat up kernels in or just drip it over actual popped corn?

Gotta be the former. Just dripping it over already popped corn is some hedonist poo poo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i had a small burn a year or so around the knuckle of my first finger from bumping into the heating rod of my toaster oven, and it started itching as it healed. took several weeks, and it was a small burn about third of an inch in diameter

i think it must've been a pretty bad burn, though, because i didn't really feel pain. just smelled burned skin and there was a dull hot/cold sensation. must've gone right through whatever nerves were there.

it started to get painful over the next couple days, but never super bad, then itchy, and now there's no trace. long live the new flesh.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Gotta be the former. Just dripping it over already popped corn is some hedonist poo poo.

yep, cook the seeds in the oil. i use a silicone microwave popper because it's a bit faster and less messy than doing it stovetop, but either will work. probably an air popper would work fine too, though i'm not sure if you're supposed to oil seeds in those.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

YeahTubaMike posted:

I kind of feel like a student who's about to turn in lovely and/or procrastinated homework or something. :v:

edit: snipe :flame:

Hang on I've been there a lot, you're gonna need a couple of extended release addys, a pint of vodka, and gram or two of weed, but you'll get it all done in time to turn in

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Bad Purchase posted:

yep, cook the seeds in the oil. i use a silicone microwave popper because it's a bit faster and less messy than doing it stovetop, but either will work. probably an air popper would work fine too, though i'm not sure if you're supposed to oil seeds in those.

Makes sense, I wish I had thought of this. I have that big tub of coconut oil from Costco that I haven't been able to put a noticeable dent in, this is perfect.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

digitalist posted:

I always forget that coconut oil can be used as food. It's pretty commonly used as hair oil among Black people.

Bad Purchase posted:

i had a small burn a year or so around the knuckle of my first finger from bumping into the heating rod of my toaster oven, and it started itching as it healed. took several weeks, and it was a small burn about third of an inch in diameter

i think it must've been a pretty bad burn, though, because i didn't really feel pain. just smelled burned skin and there was a dull hot/cold sensation. must've gone right through whatever nerves were there.

it started to get painful over the next couple days, but never super bad, then itchy, and now there's no trace. long live the new flesh.

Yeah, I burned myself pretty bad on the 6th, and judging from what you're saying, it makes chronological sense that I'd be in the itchy stage. Thanks for the additional reassurance.

edit:

Nooner posted:

Hang on I've been there a lot, you're gonna need a couple of extended release addys, a pint of vodka, and gram or two of weed, but you'll get it all done in time to turn in

drat, it's too bad I didn't have access to any of those things until after I stopped having homework :(

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 29, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Larry Cum Free posted:

Pacific Pilsner much?
24 pack for camping. Surprised I didn't drink all of em before I even set up the tent.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

They told me to use Vaseline and I mean, it's clearly working, just more slowly than predicted. As an aside, it kind of started to itch and I Googled it because I thought it meant my pinky was going to fall off or I was going to get gangrene like a 19th century soldier or some poo poo, but apparently that's a sign of healing, so that's cool.

I could use my winnings to pay my copays! :patriot:

I've been told Itching is generally good in these cases cause that means that you have a lot of blood flow in the area.

Also, if you have access to aloe vera plants, try bandaging your burns with the sap, it works wonders. :)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my dad, one of the dumbest people i know, told me last year that he licks any cuts or burns he gets because "that's what animals do". i asked him if he also licked his own rear end in a top hat, but apparently that's different.

he has a PhD in physics. people call him doctor :lol:

anyway, you could try licking your burns

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Saalkin posted:

Smug had it coming

I still can't believe they made him IK. It seems like he demanded it long enough they finally gave in.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if he wants to be cursed that badly; then sure; why not?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hearing second hand from a contact in a certain offsite discord that a council of moderators has been called to discuss the escalating war between smugworth and hot cocoa on the couch

seems a mutiny was brewing, but an imp zone mod has offered asylum and my deescalate the situation before GBS faces encirclement

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bad Purchase posted:

my dad, one of the dumbest people i know, told me last year that he licks any cuts or burns he gets because "that's what animals do". i asked him if he also licked his own rear end in a top hat, but apparently that's different.

Lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

ur dad owns

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

his dad’s a full on animal so that must make him a manimal :thunk:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Nooner posted:

reminder to everyone this combo is most effective if you start at 11 pm

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dick Fontaine posted:

his dad’s a full on animal so that must make him a manimal :thunk:

:thunk:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I dont think i can catch up

I never read the casual manual for the manimmal annual.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

cut my finger up awhile back. it’s almost healed but this layer of dead skin decided it was time to go a bit early tonight; stuck to my bandage; then ripped clear off—revealing an entire fingertip of the tenderest not-quite-ripe babyskin i have ever had the misfortune (or possible fortune? :cenobite:) of experiencing

weirdest drat injury i’ve ever had

e: it’s all wrapped up and the slightest breeze feels like touching the pain dimension

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 29, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

hearing second hand from a contact in a certain offsite discord that a council of moderators has been called to discuss the escalating war between smugworth and hot cocoa on the couch

seems a mutiny was brewing, but an imp zone mod has offered asylum and my deescalate the situation before GBS faces encirclement

Smugworth to defect to Imp Zone??? Do they post terrible opinions about food there??

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Blame It On The Clout, set to the beat of Milli Vanilli’s hit song Blame It On The Rain

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

lmfao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

anyway had the horrible ab pain again last night, hopefully my appendix isn't about to explode or something else fun like a gallstone

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Bad Purchase posted:

A professor of mine was mentored by a colleague of Einstein at Princeton, and the main takeaway about Einstein was that he smelled really loving bad. Like rotten cabbage and tonsil stones bad. I googled it and Christie's described his jacket as "pungent" when it went up for auction

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

Opiorphin exists, but to dull the pain as you introduce an infection vector by licking the wound because we've evolved beyond using our mouths for environmental manipulation and the cleanliness has gone to rot, in a sense.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

YeahTubaMike posted:

My middle finger is totally fine & barely even discolored anymore

Have they told you when you can expect to start flipping the bird again?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

Sounds like war clouds are gathering. Good thing I still have dual citizenship in BYOB, so I can avoid extradition. Just have to get rid of my GBS sig first...

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Sounds like war clouds are gathering
Oh, so that's what that was. I assumed a ceiling fan had whipped up some Dorito dust.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

smugworth is a coward. he knew what he did and knew he had to face the time for it and yet took retribution nonetheless. classic capricious style gbs modertation. in fact i've requested on the mod diwcord that he be upgraded to a blue star

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

smugworth is a coward. he knew what he did and knew he had to face the time for it and yet took retribution nonetheless. classic capricious style gbs modertation. in fact i've requested on the mod diwcord that he be upgraded to a blue star

As a modertater I support this motion. :shuckyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

What'd he write his thesis on?