Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I genuinely don't care how many rounds of your time I "waste" in Proving Grounds because I'm there to deck test, not play by some arbitrary set of rules players pulled out of their asses since I've never heard of them before now. How can you get mad at an opponent who also likely hasn't heard of them? Why should I have to concede if things didn't flow like I wanted them to on Round 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

New Leaf posted:

I genuinely don't care how many rounds of your time I "waste" in Proving Grounds because I'm there to deck test, not play by some arbitrary set of rules players pulled out of their asses since I've never heard of them before now. How can you get mad at an opponent who also likely hasn't heard of them? Why should I have to concede if things didn't flow like I wanted them to on Round 1?

the class of gamers on the Internet who think it is their duty, nay, their obligation, to be lovely and self centered to other people on the Internet, these are the folks who will carry the light of civilization forward

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
My only gripes with conquest are people who let each turn drag on before hitting the button, and using decks with goblins.

I am so sick of having to deal with goblin decks over and over. You know it's coming, and once in a while, you can stuff them, but it's just beyond aggravating in Conquest.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sandwolf posted:

the class of gamers on the Internet who think it is their duty, nay, their obligation, to be lovely and self centered to other people on the Internet, these are the folks who will carry the light of civilization forward
:goonsay:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
drat I can pig a sera and they'll still pull a win out if theyre running Cosmo and block my bounce plays. What a crock of poo poo

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

New Leaf posted:

this is fine but i'm also putting magik and kang in my deck for PG and going ham on delay if you don't concede early enough

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

since I've never heard of them before now.

And now that you’ve heard of them, you too can respond to a turn 1 snap in Proving Grounds and concede if you lose the eight cubes. Keep spreading the good word!

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Anyone else just get the same crappy P3 cards rotate through their shop? I don't want Crystal SD please stop.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Opopanax posted:

Damnit, I actually lost to a Living Tribunal! He tricked me, i had control of Morag and had played Wave T5 so it shouldn't have been possible for me to lose, but wound up losing by 1 or 2 in each lane after

I lost a few times to a LT deck my most memorable ones were two different games. First game they Nightcrawlered Bar Sinister on T1, moved 3 of them and Iron Lad’d T4, and moved the last Nightcrawler T6 to play LT. and those were their only moves the entire game.

Second game was similar - someone playin Negative Lad. T4 Lad copying Iron man on Onslaught’s Citadel and handdumped on T7 (yes, 7). Onslaught’s Citadel ended up with, IIRC, Lad, Onslaught, mystique’d onslaught, and iron man with LT on another location. Was like 10 million power spread over each location. I just laughed.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I won by sheer luck with Living Tribunal earlier today. I filled The Raft first and got him. Mojoworld was also in play, and I Spider-Man'd it to guarantee I'd get the +100 on T6, and , welp, with the other cards I had in play it averaged to 40 on each location.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I hit CL4000 today, almost six months to the day I first downloaded the game :toot:

I'm 3 cards away from Series 3 complete, 1 card away from Series 4 complete, and still need a bunch of Series 5. I've made it to Infinite zero times, and have never gotten a gold or ink split

I still really like the game even though I've definitely hit a wall lately

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
welp, today I learned that shadow king and spider-ham are best friends - the king sets the pigged card to 0 power, since that's what the pig is originally

anyone know what this person was running for their last few spots?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

flatluigi posted:

welp, today I learned that shadow king and spider-ham are best friends - the king sets the pigged card to 0 power, since that's what the pig is originally

Almost certainly a Shang Chi, and I'd guess Typhoid Mary too. Last spot might just be Sera honestly.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Had an insanely well-fought round 4 of infinite conquest where I beat a deck that hard countered me (they had Enchantress and Aero against my IW/MODOK/Hela) and then got dumptrucked by a destroy deck that drew the absolute nuts against me three games in a row.

If only that happened on my first ticket which started out against a loser bot instead of my second ticket. gently caress!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Some mix of Shang-Chi, Spider-Woman, Odin, and/or Gambit? Maybe Cage or Hazmat, too.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

got weirdworld and machineworld in the same match and my opponent was too much of a coward to play my cards back at me. i still won

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I tried Shadow King in my HE deck but my brain didn't process the fact that he'd also bring the enemy cards I reduced back up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know how well it'll work but I made a deck designed to gently caress with HE decks for my Infinite run

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

gently caress HE and gently caress HE Hulk. What a joke

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I mean, you still would've won if you'd played Leader middle instead of left, and I'm not really seeing a good reason why you didn't. There's no way in hell you were contesting that left lane.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Conquest takes long enough without people running the timer down every turn. It's really annoying

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
^ ^ ^ Agreed. I've gotten everything in the medal store, so I guess there's no reason to keep going? I don't care to get the infinite border that you only get with the avatar you win with? ^ ^ ^

Although I guess it's the easiest way to do missions with no risk of dropping in ladder, and just doing the PG and some silver matches gets me enough medals to buy the unlimited booster packs.

But man, speaking of Conquest.

T6, without getting too into details, I win left lane by a LOT, they win right lane by a little...middle lane I have 14 power, all they have is a Dracula. They have 6 cards in their hand, I know from previous matches they have an America Chavez, Doom, and (regular, not HE) Hulk. So any three of those, I win. Even if it's Giganto, which they likely have considering their playing a JaneJaw/Dracula deck, I still win since we'd tie and I have greater total power.

Only thing I could lose to? Infinaut. What does Dracula grab? Well, you know where this was going once I said Dracula.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 29, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
He hulk is the most broken part of the archetype. Floated energy for one turn you have a unfettered giganto, two turns an orca who can play with friends, 3 turns a shuri'd she hulk, 4 turns the infinaut but you played something the turn before, 5/6 turns the single most powerful card in the game played on its own without any modifier

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I just now remembered that I have negasonic teenage warhead so I've been experimenting with negasonic nimrod decks and so far it's been good fun

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is the cutoff for pool 3 still 600 collection level? Because I just crossed 500 and am suddenly seeing a ton of new cards

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

icantfindaname posted:

Is the cutoff for pool 3 still 600 collection level? Because I just crossed 500 and am suddenly seeing a ton of new cards

The way I understand it is that you are matched with people of similar collection level and at 500 you've crossed over into pool 3 so you'll be facing opponents who could have anything in pool 3 (which is huge) plus series 4 and 5 if they are lucky or spend to get them. So yeah, the game really opens up.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The OP says its 600 not 500. So, I just completely screwed myself

CitizenKeen posted:

Tips for Beginners[li][*]When you get to Collection Level 590, max out your credit stack before upgrading to CL600+. At CL600 you're matched against people with Series 3 collections, and being able to unlock as many Series 3 cards as possible the moment that happens will make things easier

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Don't worry because that isn't exactly good advice anyway

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

icantfindaname posted:

The OP says its 600 not 500. So, I just completely screwed myself

The developers have changed a lot of stuff so it wouldn’t surprise me. You’re not screwed, but you will still play people with better cards than you for awhile. Luckily you won’t match up with people with high collection levels often, so you won’t face pure meta decks for awhile.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

cinnamon rollout posted:

Don't worry because that isn't exactly good advice anyway

Yeah it's the opposite. You want to experience what people are doing in this new pool, just having a couple s3 cards to begin with isn't going to do much if anything for you unless you're very lucky and all you're doing is delaying the inevitable

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

icantfindaname posted:

Apparently the calculation uses your stored credits now too. So as of five months ago or so if you have enough credits to reach 600CL then it puts you in p3 regardless of your current CL. Ofc it could have changed since then in other ways too.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I haven’t saved any credits so it must just be 500 flat

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Op needs an update badly but you know how it goes

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I decided to play an anti meta Sandman ramp deck and didn't run into a single bounce deck in six matches WTF

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IW- Shadow King on Shuri's Lab is pretty funny

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Does Luke cage stop shadow king?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Quetzadilla posted:

Does Luke cage stop shadow king?

Anything that would cause a reduction so yes

Luke cage lets your cards see their highest potential

Red
Apr 15, 2003

cinnamon rollout posted:

I just now remembered that I have negasonic teenage warhead so I've been experimenting with negasonic nimrod decks and so far it's been good fun

I ran through Conquest with someone who played Nova, Wolverine, Nimrod, and Destroyer, and that was it. I had no real counter and just had to watch as I had no choice but to eat poo poo on T6.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Red posted:

I ran through Conquest with someone who played Nova, Wolverine, Nimrod, and Destroyer, and that was it. I had no real counter and just had to watch as I had no choice but to eat poo poo on T6.

Don't worry, some smug goon will come in and tell you you should have just placed Cosmo in the perfectly predicted spot he'd play Destroyer, even though there's no room for Cosmo in whatever deck you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Seriously though, that’s a pretty beatable curve for most decks