Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I sent you an email and it’s an mspaint drawing of me cleaning your clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I will watch this over and over because it couldn’t be more perfect. The commentator trying to hype the series. The absolutely perfect comedic pacing/timing of the crash. The total and utter complete failure of whatever AI they have.

It’s just perfect.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

What car is this? 599? Is this in a museum?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

in order to bring it up to the safety requirements and garage amenity levels that Formula 1 demands of permanent circuits, everything good about Road America would be absolutely smoothed over until it's another TIlkedrome except in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin. And Watkins Glen has no more run-off area possible due to how the circuit was built.

Yeah, the bus stop is already a kludge to keep the circuit operational and if we're honest it's just poo poo. It's a much better circuit if you remove that in simracing but people would die again.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

harperdc posted:

in order to bring it up to the safety requirements and garage amenity levels that Formula 1 demands of permanent circuits, everything good about Road America would be absolutely smoothed over until it's another TIlkedrome except in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin. And Watkins Glen has no more run-off area possible due to how the circuit was built.

we're stuck with COTA and Night Life GP East and West for the time being.

Indycar races there and they give no fucks and it's entertaining as hell

pit crews leaping over the wall to work on the cars, Grosjean binning it, loving owns

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

What car is this? 599? Is this in a museum?

looks like a 599, and looks like a museum

Now, you might say, it's in a museum and it's probably a prototype so the welds in production cars wouldn't look that bad.

To which I say I watch some youtube channels where they buy salvage cars at auction and restore them, and they were restoring a 599 and when they tore into it the welds looked just like that.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's so weird because if you'd been welding for more than about a week you'd get better than that by accident

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

spaceblancmange posted:

MICHAEL MASI I CHALLENGE YOU IN THE OCTAGON

my money would be on toto

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

This is like asking someone to define what makes a good painting, you can't apply a quantitative process to something that isn't quantitative.

A good track should have some level of character imo, the location is important but it typically helps if the track itself has some overall characteristic that maybe favours one area of development over another.

Philip Island is probably my favourite race track, it's like right on a cliff beside the ocean, just a bunch of relentless flowing corners with a tiny rear end straight. Contrast that with Baku where it's a bunch of long rear end straights stapled together with angular corners on a street circuit in a gorgeous old city centre with zero room for error. Both are good tracks and they share nothing in common. Don't try and find some unifying connective tissue for what makes a good track because there isn't one.

I really like fast, flowing circuits. Mosport is like this. Suzuka, old Fuji, Monza, Paul Ricard, Dijon-Prenois, Interlagos, old Hockenheim, Imola etc.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Indycar races there and they give no fucks and it's entertaining as hell

pit crews leaping over the wall to work on the cars, Grosjean binning it, loving owns

It's very good but they should dump push to pass because it's not necessary for competition

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
alright so we have fp1 and quali tomorrow. and then a sprint shootout and a sprint on saturday. can someone explain this format

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Bugger me, that looks like my soldering efforts in CDT in 2002.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

alright so we have fp1 and quali tomorrow. and then a sprint shootout and a sprint on saturday. can someone explain this format

People tune in every day so they make more money on advertising.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunk Dunk posted:

You get to hear the Dutch anthem twice this weekend mate.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

*masi voice* it’s motor racing, we’re going motor racing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zedd posted:

You get to hear the Dutch anthem twice this weekend mate.

Double de devries

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ferrari are bringing upgrades this weekend it's time for some change

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Thanks Ants posted:

It's so weird because if you'd been welding for more than about a week you'd get better than that by accident

I wouldnt be surprised if the material is only like 1-2mm thick and you want to just get it done

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

ferrari is not a nugget

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The only race of the season that Red Bull have a stinker of a weekend on being their home GP is something I could get on board with

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Looks like it's an updates weekend
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1674428450898313223?t=CF3JSpYR5u_s3dQUCcHUcQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1674324800901136384?t=O0axvYP8ReGf_jXiyYwILQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1674348322499227651?t=dNlUNZYJJxAQhaHCjq25Kg&s=19

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

net work error posted:

hopefully ferrari HR has been working overtime sacking people

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status/1674440944215547908

ferrari pulling out all the stops

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari are 4th and have one podium finish this year, nobody should care if they start cheating.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

everyone does poo poo like this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Ferrari are 4th and have one podium finish this year, nobody should care if they start cheating.

you lack passioné friendo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you????????????????????????

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I wouldn't have to watch F1 any more so I would consider it

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
FFS, my first attempts at welding as a 13 year old in junior high metal shop (back when schools were decent and it was available :911:) was better than that. :italy:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

A key difference is that Redbull gets caught lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

A key difference is that Redbull gets caught lol

just proves they're the only ones trying hard enough

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Keyser_Soze posted:

FFS, my first attempts at welding as a 13 year old in junior high metal shop (back when schools were decent and it was available :911:) was better than that. :italy:

Its not even the lovely welds that twist my melon, it's that the loving frame rails aren't even close to being mated. I know lol Ferrari is a well established lane for posting but I'm convinced that it is a wreck somebody bought and is attempting to restore on a shoestring budget.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

how considerate, they brought their own bins

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Shouldn't have read the thread before opening my package

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

Its not even the lovely welds that twist my melon, it's that the loving frame rails aren't even close to being mated. I know lol Ferrari is a well established lane for posting but I'm convinced that it is a wreck somebody bought and is attempting to restore on a shoestring budget.

The steel for the frame comes out of the car development budget, the welding rods are picked up by the catering department.

Edit: Originally wrote filler rod but lmao that isn't TIG is it.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

previously the quali set the sprint grid and then the sprint grid set the gp grid but the winner of the quali still got to keep the quali trophy and stats.

so now theyre splitting it out into its own section so the quali sets the grid for the gp while the sprint shootout sets the grid for the sprint and the sprint is its owns thing silo'd off apart from the i dont know enough about farmwork and silos to make this metaphor work but 1-8 gets 8-1 points and they still count towards the wdc.

the only good thinking involved here is that cutting back on the number of free practices gives the teams less data going into the quali so it "could" be a bit more unpredictable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

also quali is a banned word when mentioned alongside sprint so they call it a sprint shootout instead cause we wouldnt want to upset the fragile egos of the drivers