Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I NEED AEW compilations done in the style of bootleg VHS tapes. Add all the bloodiest matches and then a compilation of crazy Sting spots set to hard rock, all complete with title cards and bad 3D transitions.

There’s a person on Reddit who posts the only good content that’s ever been posted to Reddit, where they record shows onto VHS tapes and then record the playback on an old CRT

They did highlights from Ospreay/Omega at FD and it looks rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

History Comes Inside! posted:

There’s a person on Reddit who posts the only good content that’s ever been posted to Reddit, where they record shows onto VHS tapes and then record the playback on an old CRT

When I was briefly on r/SC I saw that, it's so sick. I do a lot of similar things with VHS tapes myself and my analog modulation projects and wrestling really hits so, so different on a CRT. The best. :allears:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW should start advertising Sting matches as being Too Hot For TV. Sell a Blu-Ray of last night's Dynamite and say it's the night Sting was ready to go to Hell and take Sammy with him.

Sting is going to heaven

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Integrated Houston posted:

Painmaker is sublimely stupid and I love how much fun Jericho has pulling out this corny “alter ego.” He loves his clown makeup!

Yeah! He's super into it, so let him put on his clown makeup and extra-spiky jacket and yell about being the painmaker. The guy's earned it at this point and it's honestly endearing how much he's into it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

this rules thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to post in the main thread too.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Clown-Show Rotisserie League Garbage Federation would be an amazing name for a fake wrestling company if it wasn't too long to fit into the spaces allowed by most situations wherein one might need an amazing name etc

edit: clown-show rotisserie league garbage federation mafia, town are upstanding talent of the local indie promotion and scum are lovely carnies ruining the business and if scum wins the promotion implodes, I don't run mafia games but if you do that one's free

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 29, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Sting is going to heaven

That gives me an idea...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well done.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That gives me an idea...

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That gives me an idea...

Well done friend

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Leslie is just upset that an old man like Sting can jump through a table and be fine while another old man like CM Punk can’t jump into the crowd without hurting himself

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

When I was briefly on r/SC I saw that, it's so sick. I do a lot of similar things with VHS tapes myself and my analog modulation projects and wrestling really hits so, so different on a CRT. The best. :allears:

i strongly believe wrestling belongs in 4:3 and grainy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s better because it’s how it was when you were a kid

And I was also a kid so I also think it’s better

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PJPOLACO/status/1674231397865648135

https://twitter.com/PJPOLACO/status/1674483685884567583

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Of course he would, they were pale imitations of better ECW matches a couple years prior.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/steinerhereford/status/1674480042921828362?s=46

Guess who this is about

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I missed my guess. Weow!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jon Moxley.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

It's so funny to me these losers think that mox v Ishii looked fake because it was full of strikes and because a double clothesline looks like a hug

Of all loving things

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Jon Moxley.

I feel like it's usually Kenny Omega, but this is also a very strong possibility, and I defer to your greater expertise with the Twitter-deranged

if it's Eddie Kingston I will lol and lmao, at length

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's STIIIIIING It's Moxley

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatansOnion posted:

I feel like it's usually Kenny Omega, but this is also a very strong possibility, and I defer to your greater expertise with the Twitter-deranged

if it's Eddie Kingston I will lol and lmao, at length

If you see Worst Wrestler in the World discussion in this thread it is Jim Cornette fans talking about Jon Moxley 9 times out of 10.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
why

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bleeds a lot.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It’s ramping up huge today.

I do not know what’s happening all of a sudden

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Bleeds a lot.

I’m bleeding rn

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

That Moxley guy has potential. He should hang out in WWE, put him alongside The Big Dog of the Table and Sami Zayn, maybe he could amount to something.

I'm not the biggest fan of the guy, but anyone saying he's straight up bad is unserious at best and delusional at worst.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

It’s ramping up huge today.

I do not know what’s happening all of a sudden

Brian Last apparently repeated it on the last Cornette show. It was a huge talking point of theirs last summer when Mox was having his run.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Moxley is just a bad indy ripoff of Dean Ambrose

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Moxley doesn’t even have a pet potted plant what a GEEK

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Extremely gotten to.

https://twitter.com/PJPOLACO/status/1674514659640999937

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vMPO-FE9dg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Figure all the people wanting old time wrestling would love Moxley cause he bleeds like people did back in the territories but I guess old time means WWE soooooo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s so funny when Never-was’s like the Portuguese Man o’ War Aldo Montoya start getting high and mighty about modern wrestling

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Seams posted:

It’s so funny when Never-was’s like the Portuguese Man o’ War Aldo Montoya start getting high and mighty about modern wrestling

Especially when his reign was a huge bust too.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I was worried that I was being uncharitable to Mr. Credible when I told newer-fan friends that his main claim to fame is "got to be ECW champion for awhile because he was the one guy Paul Heyman was 99% sure would never get an offer from WWF or WCW" but as the day progresses, I should have been less charitable.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seams posted:

It's all he has. He's Disco Inferno levels of "was nearby but not involved" when it comes to greatness, and he thinks being the guy after the guy after the guy is glory.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Figure all the people wanting old time wrestling would love Moxley cause he bleeds like people did back in the territories but I guess old time means WWE soooooo

everything is good until an old guy with a podcast says its bad, then it is actually what is killing Our Business

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Hey, we should all show more respect when we're dealing with the (third most important member of) X-Factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what a mark

https://twitter.com/ebischoff/status/1674377248244203520?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g