Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

This was both break-sw and nihility dots. Fun times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ubersandwich posted:

Lost the 50/50, but can't complain as I won the last 2. Got Gepard, though.

I need team building advice for my "B team" while only having one healer still. Right now I have Seele, Bronya, SW, Natasha as very effective main group.

I just pulled Gepard and have Clara, but everything I am reading says those two don't work well together. Can I cobble together a 2nd MoC team?

Seele, Bronya, Tingun, Gepard and then Sushang, Clara, SW, Natasha?

Trying to work out if I should keep pulling this banner as I get Jade and tickets (I'm flat broke that way in game) or start saving for a future banner and make what I have work? I'm 30 into the guarantee right now.

You have March. Clara wants to be attacked and has a high taunt value. March paints a giant target on people so they get hit.

Nat could work too, but you have to hope Clara gets hit. March increases her chances of being hit by about 40% or more.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

i feel kinda regretful i was given bailu in the standard banner now hhh

Bailu was my newbie banner pull (and i got an e1 on seele banner lol) but I don't regret it...Bailu is still good for one of your teams in MoC.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Bailu was my newbie banner pull (and i got an e1 on seele banner lol) but I don't regret it...Bailu is still good for one of your teams in MoC.

yeah, i'm sure she'll still be very fine. i just felt the regret since i wanted luocha for the combat medic gameplay which i enjoy but it'd be an irresponsible pull at this point..

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Bailu has a one time gently caress up get out of jail free card which is handy in MoC, and triggering it and clearing the stage still gets you the 'no downed characters' challenge *
and sometimes you just want that AoE ultimate heal NOW instead of waiting for the member to attack.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

Bailu has a one time gently caress up get out of jail free card which is handy in MoC, and triggering it and clearing the stage still gets you the 'no downed characters' challenge *
and sometimes you just want that AoE ultimate heal NOW instead of waiting for the member to attack.

Yeah, that aspect of her talent is more useful than you might think, because it can negate a situation where you just get unlucky and a boss goes ham on your weakest unit.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

I want to pull Pela, but I don't really need her since I already have Silver Wolf.

Nonsense, you combine the two to approach "I want to shred all the defense that you have" levels. :v:

Hell, if you have Resolution Shines, the two can literally remove all defense between SW ult, Pela ult, SW bug, and Resolution.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It's saved my butt a few times. The dudes in higher moc hit really hard and if the boss targets silver wolf for both attacks, then she's dead.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

You're not Qingque, get off her banner. :colbert:

3rd straight 50/50 won :v:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Fhqwhgads posted:

Should I be buying discounted rail/special rail passes with my starting embers, or is that a trap buy and I should be focusing on the exp items or enhancement items?

Edit: Also, how do I see where a character is a 4 or 5 star?

Nobody else answered this, but personally I'd say prioritize the passes every month, they're far less farmable than everything else.

After that, I suppose the exp items are probably the best deal since they take energy to farm, but personally I prefer to save mine for when I need one of the more specific items and don't have them.

Just remember that the passes refresh every month, so you should try to save enough for that!

For the other consolation prize shop, you should probably only buy characters and light cones, although I will admit to getting impatient on pulls and getting the occasional pass myself.

The most obvious way to tell if a character is a 4 star or a 5 star is their background on the character list, actually. 4 stars have purple, 5 stars have gold.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Also keep in mind your ember income dies when you aren't pulling. You get a ton of free pulls when you start, which floods you with embers and gets you feeling like you can spend them willy nilly. It's part of why planning who you pull for matters, so you can predict your ember income and always be able to afford the passes.

Walla posted:

Part of the reason I insist on training a lot of units is because I like to have variety to meet any challenges. Also I like too many units and I want to play with all of them. The only progress it hampers is how deep I can push into Forgotten Hall/MoC, but that's not my favorite content anyway. I'll get there one day.

You aren't really "meeting any challenge." If an account wants to meet any challenge, it wants to do the opposite of this and only spend resources in ways that will impact progression. Nothing is inherently wrong with building everyone evenly, but players who want to clear content do not want to do that.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Managed to clear wave 9 of the stellar flare by the skin of my teeth today. Now that I've reached EL5, I'm really starting to feel the effects of only having one highly leveled five star unit...

For anyone else having trouble on the stellar flare: use Qingque if you have her leveled. The interaction between her stacking skill and today's battle effect is ridiculous lol. Also use the trial character ofc. It seems like the stellar flares are much more skewed towards the trial chars than the belobog tournament event was.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:sickos:

Luocha e2 on the way to this but who cares about that

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I found a big effort post about Yukong on reddit, for anyone who was thinking about building her. Interestingly, they suggest a 3* light cone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStar...nt=share_button

quote:

**tl;dr** Set Yukong's speed to 1 below your tank/healer. Equip energy rope, meshing cogs S5, and the Vonwacq set. If you have E2 or Ascension 6 trace, ignore the Vonwacq set. Start battles with her technique, use skill-auto-skill-ult

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

mine is at e3, i really wanted her e4

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Gah, missed the coinflip on Bronya who is one of the most useless pulls for my current roster and will probably warm the bench for a long time. Now I need to decide whether I throw all my remaining rolls after Luocha and consign myself to having dozens of superfluous Pela/QQ eidolons, or just wait for Kafka.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wonder if Bronya is the weak link of my Seele, Bronya Nat(E6), and Wolf party

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Got two yukongs and a (guaranteed) luocha in 20 pulls, so I think I can risk taking a shot at Blade and still get Kafka. Still pretty rough getting people up to speed though.

Unfortunately I also want both 1.3 characters and the supposed 1.4 characters are also looking real good, but as long as my luck isn’t total poo poo in this whole sequence the 1.3 ones should be manageable. Fu Xuan was originally a possible miss but considering the leaked kit for Lynx I’ve been reevaluating that.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

Ehh, it's probably Nat if we're talking MoC.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Likely to be Natasha. She's a great healer but that's about all she excels in really.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

"i really want qingque eidolons and yukong but don't care about luocha, it's fine, you never get a 5-star before the 70th pull anyway"

luocha in 20

gently caress you game

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

At least you got an extremely good character. Luocha isn't as loudly powerful a support as Silver Wolf, but IMO he's at least as good. I've been very impressed with him. He's a massive step up from Natasha and, IMO, still a noticeable improvement over Bailu. The ability to cleanse debuffs from allies (including reactively if it's attached to a big hit) AND dispel buffs on bosses in the same character is huge. And so far I haven't really missed Nat's AOE heal ult. Luocha's healing field is almost as strong as Nat's ult, and if you have the right gear and rotation on him, you can have it up close to 100% of the time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

UHD posted:

"i really want qingque eidolons and yukong but don't care about luocha, it's fine, you never get a 5-star before the 70th pull anyway"

luocha in 20

gently caress you game

Never pull for 4*s. (I will pull for 4*'s)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Zurai posted:

At least you got an extremely good character. Luocha isn't as loudly powerful a support as Silver Wolf, but IMO he's at least as good. I've been very impressed with him. He's a massive step up from Natasha and, IMO, still a noticeable improvement over Bailu. The ability to cleanse debuffs from allies (including reactively if it's attached to a big hit) AND dispel buffs on bosses in the same character is huge. And so far I haven't really missed Nat's AOE heal ult. Luocha's healing field is almost as strong as Nat's ult, and if you have the right gear and rotation on him, you can have it up close to 100% of the time.

Because his healing scales off ATK, he'll also do better damage than Bailu and Natasha as well. Plus, Imaginary damage is pretty darn powerful in its own right. His Eidolons, if you feel like pulling for them give him even more utility, like raising the ATK of all allies by 20%, giving allies a shield if he heals them using his skill if they have over 50% HP, weakening enemies so they do 12% less damage and if you get him to E6, reducing enemies All-Type RES by 20% every time he uses his ultimate for 2 turns.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 29, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I get more impressed with him as a unit the more I use him, was fun stepping all over SU Kafka without a single abundance blessing

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Eimi posted:

i do it every loving time and it always bites me in the rear end

i will never learn my lesson

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

UHD posted:

i do it every loving time and it always bites me in the rear end

i will never learn my lesson

:hmmyes:

Same, especially since I got what I wanted for once and pulled all three 4* in twenty pulls. I'm meh on Pela (but now I have her), but getting a Qingque eidolon and Yukong made me happy. Now I finally have someone who can do Imaginary damage.

Game is rewarding me for bad behavior

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was happy when I wiffed and got clara and I will be happy if I wiff and get bailu. Just no more JQs

Ask and you shall receive. Got Bailu from the standard banner really early into the pity cycle. Gonna save up for Kafka to have a nice lightning component to slot into the Seele + SW swiss knife set up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MoC 6 is hard. :shepface:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

My favorite was Silver Wolf's banner. I specifically wanted Asta eidolons. I got 4 copies of Serval and SW herself before I pulled a single Asta.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
So I got lucky in the standard banner and managed to pull Gepard. I'm now at the point where I'm considering building my second team for MoC. The main contenders for the spots right now are Gepard, Himeko, Natasha (E6), Serval (E6) and Asta (E6). Any opinions on the matter?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gepard, Serval and Asta make a great team ime. You probably wouldn't need Nat once Gepard is leveled and traced.

Edit: Though I've heard E6 Natasha is decent dps.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Any recommandation to go with those 3? I have all the 4* except Sampo and Yukong.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You probably want a debuffer, Pela maybe?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, Luocha companion mission question: How the gently caress am I supposed to win the last fight? It's a trial Luocha alone versus an entire auromaton encounter, and if Luocha ever gets imprisoned it's basically encounter over.

And worst of all, I have to go through an unskippable cutscene each time!!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Kyrosiris posted:

MoC 6 is hard. :shepface:

I finished with 0 turns left last cycle. I hate that deer.

I'm not even going to try it until I can build my new Yanqing and Luocha more but also I'm out of every resource so .... :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I finished with 0 turns left last cycle. I hate that deer.

I won because March 7th survived the deer blowing its ultimate with 3 HP and counter-attacked for the last 0.0-something% of its health bar.

Turns out that if you leave the ultimate plant alone, it'll go off even if the deer is entangled. :stonk:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

JT Jag posted:

So, Luocha companion mission question: How the gently caress am I supposed to win the last fight? It's a trial Luocha alone versus an entire auromaton encounter, and if Luocha ever gets imprisoned it's basically encounter over.

did...did you forget to add party members when prompted at the start of the scenario?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

JT Jag posted:

uhh why is your luocha alone :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
lol, you can add people to the encounter, it's not meant to be Luocha solo