Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

smellmycheese posted:

Meanwhile - here’s the husband of one of Keith’s top lieutenants just launching a cosy podcast with his pal the Austerity Chancellor

My work email gets regularly bombarded with marketing mails from the company that manufactures those fake resin bookends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thought you were talking about Osborne and Balls for a second.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Guavanaut posted:

Thought you were talking about Osborne and Balls for a second.

That works too.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Idiots love bullies, they think they're one of the bully's friends and not the victim.

Not calling your aul wan an idiot, I have no proof of that

She doesn't like him either. I think she'd just turned the TV on and I got there before she could turn over. Not sure of her excuse for watching Talk TV in the first place mind. I was just shocked at how bad he was, I always thought he was at least reasonably intelligent but he's trash.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

When visiting parents, make sure to put child locks on TalkTV and GBNews, and don't tell them the pin.

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1674502477884846090

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 29, 2023

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

fuctifino posted:

When visiting parents, make sure to put child locks on TalkTV and GBNews, and don't tell them the pin.

You're just making the lives of the people at the other end of the Currys technical support helpline miserable.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

kecske posted:

I don't think I've ever understood a single cold war steve picture

Those and that period where loads of AI generated images were posted ITT were the worst. They're not funny imo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Soylent Yellow posted:

You're just making the lives of the people at the other end of the Currys technical support helpline miserable.

They're already miserable

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Failed Imagineer posted:

They're already miserable

But inflicting technologically-illiterate boomers onto them is a special brand of evil.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pablo Bluth posted:

Another way the UK is hosed up: name people on a civil injunction with no need to provide any evidence they've done anything to justify being put on an injunction, then make them pay for the cost of the injunction.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jun/29/punishment-without-trial-britain-civil-injunctions-climate-activists

That is absolutely positively hosed up.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1674502477884846090

lol Sargon of Akkad and other Gammons are throwing a wobbly in the tweet replies.
BBC HAND PICKED AUDIENCE!!!!!111111GITBREXITDAAHHHHN

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm sure they complained equally when the BBC literally hand picked an audience of Brexiteers last week. Right?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Even the ones who don't give a poo poo about migrants can see it's ridiculously expensive. I'm clueless why the Tories are convinced it's such a vote winning policy

happyhippy posted:

lol Sargon of Akkad and other Gammons are throwing a wobbly in the tweet replies.
BBC HAND PICKED AUDIENCE!!!!!111111GITBREXITDAAHHHHN

Haha that's a name I've not heard in a while.

vvv nah he's right. They are poo poo and so were the AI images.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 29, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EvilHawk posted:

Those and that period where loads of AI generated images were posted ITT were the worst. They're not funny imo

And this is your only contribution to the thread? :allears:

I get it that comedy is subjective and CWS is not everyone's style, and that some people don't understand surreal satire. If that's the case, then simply don't look at the posts. Posting that you don't find 'x' funny adds nothing.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

THANK YOU. They're all just overly-busy Jim'll Paint It knockoffs that slide right off my eyeballs, but all the comments are "you've done it again Steve". :smith:

I look at it and just think "that's probably a reference to some painting that I have never seen. Oh well."
And I move on thinking that there is some meaning to it that I couldn't gleam.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tice is latching onto the single big issue:
https://twitter.com/TiceRichard/status/1674426769510920192

Mega Comrade posted:

vvv nah he's right. They are poo poo and so were the AI images.

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1551945792117686273

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't understand how anyone can keep up with the inscrutable political minutiae required to understand this thread, and not understand CWS.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Soylent Yellow posted:

But inflicting technologically-illiterate boomers onto them is a special brand of evil.

When I started working for NTL tech support back in the very early aughts I was told that if I took a call from the 'Witch?' helpline I was supposed to stay on the line until the issue was resolved no matter what the issue was or how long it took.

This lead to a 90 minute call with the wife of a brigadier no less who wanted help in changing the background of her Outlook e-mail. She wanted to send an e-mail to her daughter in Australia who had just left hospital after giving birth. I ended up helping her download a pack and getting a background she liked that included blue butterflys and flowers. Probably best call I ever had.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

So they're creating a new immigration department of even bigger racists and then deporting them to France? Bold move there.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

bessantj posted:

The misses watched a report on that, genuinely grotesque. One of the most upsetting things I've ever seen.

It has been too long since I worked at a bank but if they don't give him a reason isn't that an indication that some department (not necessarily within the bank.) is investigating him?

Pretty much. Though I think by the time they freeze the accounts they're pretty sure you're dodgy. Initial thing I think is to do as much investigation as possible without alerting the customer that something is wrong.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jakabite posted:

How do you even get into something like monkey torture groups? Like does someone mention it down the pub and you’re like Oo yeah that sounds fun? Do people actively seek it out? Like outside of the extremely grotesque and perverse nature of getting into something like that the logistics of how a person finds that path then decides to walk down it really do baffle me
What gets me is when you hear about a husband & wife who are both into abusing children or something equally horrific. How the gently caress does that come up in conversation and become part of the relationship?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

namesake posted:

So they're creating a new immigration department of even bigger racists and then deporting them to France? Bold move there.

The entire media is goosestepping the same issue.

I thought this was a clip from GBeebies, but this was apparently from BBC's Politics Live

https://twitter.com/montie/status/1674476131481796609

... sigh....

We really aren't on a good timeline.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

fuctifino posted:

The entire media is goosestepping the same issue.

I thought this was a clip from GBeebies, but this was apparently from BBC's Politics Live

https://twitter.com/montie/status/1674476131481796609

... sigh....

We really aren't on a good timeline.

I was making a joke, the way it's ordered suggests they want to send the people staffing the new department to France.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
French political 'centrists' if the UK actually did send over a bunch of plausibly deniable psychos ready to gun down anyone in Nanterre more tanned than Rachel Reeves' mid-afternoon cuppa:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't understand how anyone can keep up with the inscrutable political minutiae required to understand this thread, and not understand CWS.

I have major face blindness

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
tepid war steve imo

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nuclear Spoon posted:

tepid war steve imo

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1496576510769221633

:allears:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah see I recognise Putin and Boris, I think that's dommy cums on the right, the rest are a complete mystery to me and that guy with the phone seems like he'd be important at the very least

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dabir posted:

Yeah see I recognise Putin and Boris, I think that's dommy cums on the right, the rest are a complete mystery to me and that guy with the phone seems like he'd be important at the very least

Lord Russian Son of KGB/FSB. :ussr: :monocle:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's also the young Russian violinist that Boris had the honeypot affair with... the affair was the supposed reason for that huge loud bust-up where he trashed her old flat prior to becoming PM

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 30, 2023

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

fuctifino posted:

There's also the young Russian violinist that Boris had the honeypot affair with... the affair was the supposed reason for that huge loud bust-up where he trashed her old flat prior to becoming PM

And Andy Samberg for some reason?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Love the way Putin is looking through the Red Box whilst Johnson is partying 👍

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just unfollowed a former F1 driver for retweeting Great Replacement horseshit from one of Britain First's leaders, sigh. (Said driver is not European and lives in Monaco.)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I happen to have a long Johnson

https://twitter.com/johnharris1969/status/1674312912674881536?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just posting it so it doesn't become an intrusive thoughts - Jon Ronson's Long Johnson

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mark Ronson’s Uptown Johnson

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

CWS feels like some kind of photo mashup round they'd do on HIGNFY, and about as funny as that would be.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

And Andy Samberg for some reason?

From a skit where he's drinking alcoholic hand sanitiser - making fun of the Russian prediliction for getting alcohol any way possible.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

CWS is great you miserable fuckers

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MikeHolden42/status/1674694588555034626
:toot:

And no, I'm not reading all those words

Skarsnik posted:

CWS is great you miserable fuckers

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 30, 2023