Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

Why do they even have someone at the front door checking memberships? You can't *buy* anything without one.

Correct. It deterrs shoplifters while saving you some pain if you forgot your card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

StormDrain posted:

Correct. It deterrs shoplifters while saving you some pain if you forgot your card.

... Shop lifters? There's a line at the exit where you show your receipt lol

Gonna tuck 25 lbs of kimchi in your pants?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wendigee posted:

Sure why not? What is a line going to do? Especially if you don't even have a membership?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Wendigee posted:

I used to think that too. There's plenty of stuff you could stuff in your clothes though? Especially if it was liberated from larger packaging. The supplements and drugs aisle has a lot. They want to reinforce the concept of a members club and they use those people to count the number of shoppers for checkout staffing. Twice I have seen thieves at the hardware store walk out with as many tools as they could (one with a bucket and arms full, the second with a cart) while the employees berate without touching. Checking your receipt is not the same as going through a customs checkpoint or something, limiting unwanted people in has to reduce the risk.

quote:

"By strictly controlling the entrances and exits and using a membership format, we believe our inventory losses (shrinkage) are well below those of typical retail operations," Costco says in its annual report each year.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 29, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

What's the dude at the front who checks your card gonna do if you just keep walking grab something and bolt? Both scenarios are silly.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

StormDrain posted:

It deters shoplifters while saving you some pain if you forgot your card.
I use the Costco app instead of always having to remember to have my card with me. It's far easier to pull my phone out then fish in my backpack for the card anyway.

Wendigee posted:

On most of my visits I buy just a few things and throw them in my backpack, and the receipt checkers barely even glance at me as I walk right past them and out the door. Nothing in my hands = no need to check a receipt I guess.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m surprised they allowed your backpack. One time we loaded all our stuff into grocery bags after paying and set them on our cart but we still had to unbag everything so the person could check the items.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone try the s’mores cookies?

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I've been shopping this way at that location for a few years now and have never gotten any kind of push back or even a comment on it, and the few times that I've had my backpack on and a second bag in my hand they have stopped me and asked to check my backpack as well as the bag. I think they simply don't see me as a shopper if I'm not carrying something; being a decently-dressed white guy may have something to do with it too.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Kaddish posted:

If you mean the gluten free ones in the 3 pack, they're pretty good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hey anyone have any review on the Costco brand knife sets?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

they aren't Hanzo steel so don't waste ur money

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kaddish posted:

They aren't bad. Better than the confetti.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Just postin' waiting in line for a couple of big rear end pizzas at my local Costco. Best $25 spent in a while

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

green onion nougat cracker sandwich

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I feel compelled to ask. What is that nougat?

The crackers looks savory, especially with the green onion. Pretty good, in fact. The nougat in the photo looks like marshmallow, though, and it's putting me off.

Is this a sweet 'n savory combo, or some sort of savory filling? I feel like I'm both having my leg pulled and missing something entirely.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Nougat sucks even in candy bars, it's just cheap filler, so I wrote off the loving crackers immediately. Reading that box disgusted me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nougat sucks even in candy bars, it's just cheap filler, so I wrote off the loving crackers immediately. Reading that box disgusted me.

*beams u in tha head with an extra large FUN SIZE 3 Musketeers bar*

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Chinatown posted:

*beams u in tha head with an extra large FUN SIZE 3 Musketeers bar*

yuck texturefree near-candy why do you act this way?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I enjoy a good Mars bar on occasion, but kitkat is the king.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
I just loved candy bars when they had the dick vein in them. now that they got rid of that, I don't eat candy anymore. totally ruined the immersion for me.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Why do they even have someone at the front door checking memberships? You can't *buy* anything without one.

:goonsay: actually you can! At least in the state of California, you can legally purchase liquor without a membership. I believe prescription meds also don't require a membership

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Isn't an extra large fun sized candy bar just a regular candy bar?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

hark posted:

I just loved candy bars when they had the dick vein in them. now that they got rid of that, I don't eat candy anymore. totally ruined the immersion for me.

What it’s gone?!? I haven’t had a mars in forever

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Scored some sweet convertable cargo pants at Costco tonight.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Snickers had the dick vein but they got rid of it when they went woke

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh I thought it was mars. i never liked snickers, I like peanuts on their own. Big mess o kettle roasted peanuts with black pepper seasoning!!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

Scored some sweet convertable cargo pants at Costco tonight.
Be better than cargo pants

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

They are also cargo shorts. :colbert:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

If you mean the gluten free ones in the 3 pack, they're pretty good.

What are they called? I'm always looking for gluten free stuff.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I own literally nothing but cargo shorts and cargo pants. They're kind of stealthy cargo pants that look like slacks, but they still got a shitload of pockets.

Edit: I wish CostCo sold sportcoats. For a long time Sears was my fallback for those, and now it seems like the best I can find is Kohls. I'd love me some Kirkland sportcoats and blazers.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 30, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

Hey anyone have any review on the Costco brand knife sets?

get one good knife instead of a set like that. the sets are always hot garbage

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

get one good knife instead of a set like that. the sets are always hot garbage

Also check out the culinary knife thread

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

smoobles posted:

Snickers had the dick vein but they got rid of it when they went woke

They just segmented the brand, now there's an "oops, all dick veins" version

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Edit: I wish CostCo sold sportcoats. For a long time Sears was my fallback for those, and now it seems like the best I can find is Kohls. I'd love me some Kirkland sportcoats and blazers.

They do! Im not sure ive ever see a Kirkland Signature sport coat but they have had other brands on costco.com and even run sales on them in the past

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I just want a Kirkland signature Smoking Jacket

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Wendigee posted:

‘No sir, that’s just my enormous dongg. With two g’s.’

Went yesterday to get some more yogurt and saw those elote spice-flavored snacks marked down to like half price with a .97 so decided I’d try them. Not sure what I thought they were going to be originally but I’m bad at reading so it wasn’t the pub mix it actually was. Pretty okay for $5 but not the $9 or whatever it was originally.

Doing the every-couple-months big Costco run next weekend, list isn’t actually that long but I know it’s gonna be on the pricy side because I have to restock on protein shakes.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Protein shakes for my son and dog food is what kills us on our big trips. I've never bought dog food anywhere else, so I'm sure the costco price is good comparably, but ~$40 a bag adds up quick!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

priznat posted:

Oh I thought it was mars. i never liked snickers, I like peanuts on their own. Big mess o kettle roasted peanuts with black pepper seasoning!!

like...pepper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

sock it to me! posted:

Protein shakes for my son and dog food is what kills us on our big trips. I've never bought dog food anywhere else, so I'm sure the costco price is good comparably, but ~$40 a bag adds up quick!

How many dogs do you have? One of those bags lasts like 5 months for my 45lb mutt.