Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Charles Leclerc posted:

Its not even the lovely welds that twist my melon, it's that the loving frame rails aren't even close to being mated. I know lol Ferrari is a well established lane for posting but I'm convinced that it is a wreck somebody bought and is attempting to restore on a shoestring budget.

Or maybe some sort of mockup/shell someone was farting around with or just a flat out clickbait troll. There is a good factory looking weld in the upper right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Grimson posted:

also quali is a banned word when mentioned alongside sprint so they call it a sprint shootout instead cause we wouldnt want to upset the fragile egos of the drivers

Yes, they feel the need to make it clear that the person who was quickest in qualifying and starts on pole position is in fact not credited with being quickest in qualifying and the pole position is merely illusionary.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I don't understand why they don't just go motor racing

its not called motor sprinting ffs

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Grimson posted:

also quali is a banned word when mentioned alongside sprint so they call it a sprint shootout instead cause we wouldnt want to upset the fragile egos of the drivers

SocksAndSandals posted:

I don't understand why they don't just go motor racing

its not called motor sprinting ffs

If you have a contract that says driver gets paid $X for qualifying on pole as a bonus and you don't call it qualifying then you don't have to pay said bonus, hth

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
is the format of the qualifier any different than the sprint shootout

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

quote:

The Sprint Shootout will follow the same three-session knockout format as usual qualifying, but each Q1, Q2 and Q3 segment has been shortened to address engine and tyre concerns the teams had.

SQ1 has been shortened from 18 minutes to 12 minutes.

SQ2 has been shortened from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.

SQ3 has been shortened from 12 minutes to eight minutes.

The aim is that each car would only have one flying lap in each session, although two runs could be done in SQ1 while SQ2 and SQ3 would allow time for two timed laps without a pitstop in between attempts.

The other significant difference between the Sprint Shootout and regular qualifying will be restrictions on tyre usage.

While teams are free to use any of their available tyres in regular qualifying, in the Sprint Shootout new sets of medium tyres will be mandatory in SQ1 and SQ2. In SQ3, drivers must run soft tyres but they do not have to be a new set.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
in my head those are “squone” “squtwo” and “squthree”

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Creative Use of Game Mechanics

Bravo such passione!!!!!!

I am ready for a Ferrari win OP, gonna be bellissimo to dumpster red bull at home!!!!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

TheBacon posted:

Creative Use of Game Mechanics

Bravo such passione!!!!!!

I am ready for a Ferrari win OP, gonna be bellissimo to dumpster red bull at home!!!!

Sorry op but with McLaren's new upgrades, good lad Lando is going to casually drive to a race victory.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
now that logan has the upgrades on his car he's gonna stunt on these btiches

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

Language

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

you misspelled lando

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

love the land hype cycle that always happens before he inevitably eats poo poo on Sunday. never fails to entertain

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I also kind of love the hype cycle in rawe ceek where we all say "this is the one, the race that'll have 25 minutes of compelling action"

I genuinely believe that the A1 ring can produce some good races, damnit

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tony quidtana posted:

love the land hype cycle that always happens before he inevitably eats poo poo on Sunday. never fails to entertain

can't have the highs without the lows

:lando:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ilmucche posted:

I also kind of love the hype cycle in rawe ceek where we all say "this is the one, the race that'll have 25 minutes of compelling action"

if you skip it live and just watch the replay at 3x speed this is true

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the 2016 austrian grand prix is pretty good so far

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

I genuinely believe that the A1 ring can produce some good races, damnit

There's no hype from me pal. I am firmly under the impression that I'll watch the opening lap Sunday before making a coffee with my Hario V60 and freshly ground coffee beans before coming back to the TV and turning on something more interesting after the first pitstop cements the final standings.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I like that there is more racing on sprint weekends but I don’t like that Saturday has nothing to do with Friday and Sunday.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

tony quidtana posted:

The hype train is stopping at all stations. Jump aboard now op if you want a good seat.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

tony quidtana posted:

love the Ferrari hype cycle that always happens before they inevitably eat poo poo on Sunday. never fails to entertain

Fixed that for you

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

welcome back, old friend

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lewis could win this

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lewis will get in there, thus winning

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

rpop posted:

Fixed that for you

No Ferrari fans are hyping up their results because they aren't suffering from degenerative neurological disorders caused by tainted beef prions. hth

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

lewis will get in there, thus winning

my sources confirm this

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I feel like we're due for a funny one. I'm not sure how and its mostly empty hope, but it just feels like we're due for something like the last few laps of Australia.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Remember when Valtteri crashed into the back of Lando at Austria at turn 1 at the start causing mayhem that might again

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
F1 should change to formula e qualifying

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

The Sprint Shootout will follow the same three-session knockout format as usual qualifying, but each Q1, Q2 and Q3 segment has been shortened to address engine and tyre concerns the teams had.

SQ1 has been shortened from 18 minutes to 12 minutes.

SQ2 has been shortened from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.

SQ3 has been shortened from 12 minutes to eight minutes.

The aim is that each car would only have one flying lap in each session, although two runs could be done in SQ1 while SQ2 and SQ3 would allow time for two timed laps without a pitstop in between attempts.

The other significant difference between the Sprint Shootout and regular qualifying will be restrictions on tyre usage.

While teams are free to use any of their available tyres in regular qualifying, in the Sprint Shootout new sets of medium tyres will be mandatory in SQ1 and SQ2. In SQ3, drivers must run soft tyres but they do not have to be a new set.

more proof that americans are ruining another sport with hand-egg levels of stupid rules all in the name of excitement.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

the milk machine posted:

in my head those are “squone” “squtwo” and “squthree”

Sqone, sqwo, sqhee - here comes giant Otmar Szafnauer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Im always taken aback every time i see him how perfectly, uniformly white Damon Hill's hair has gotten

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The silverest of foxes

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
get it yuki

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqgV-bOTQws

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

so it's normal qualy about 2 hours from this post?

these sprint weekends are getting dumber and dumber i can't keep track

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Given how stupid sprint weekends are I can't get mad at Ferrari for using showcase track time to test out the car when they won't get enough practice time before qualifying

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

refleks posted:

more proof that americans are ruining another sport with hand-egg levels of stupid rules all in the name of excitement.

This sport desperately needs NASCAR-style "stages" and playoffs (so Max can win all those, too).

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

so it's normal qualy about 2 hours from this post?
Yes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Man I forgot about Friday quali. Is this quali or squali

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Whether quali or squali, to miss would be folly.
The event may be jolly if Max hits the wally,
Otherwise enjoyment may require some molly.