Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mad Hamish posted:

Last night I re-watched the Bob's Burgers episode where they made fun of bronies and it made me remember just how many of those weirdos there used to be all over the Internet. Did the bronies all go away, did they grow up, or what?

I feel like there could be an anthropological study of that fanbase.

there have been studies about goons

does anyone have links to the brony threads, it would be interesting to see how many are not banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Mad Hamish posted:

Last night I re-watched the Bob's Burgers episode where they made fun of bronies and it made me remember just how many of those weirdos there used to be all over the Internet. Did the bronies all go away, did they grow up, or what?

I feel like there could be an anthropological study of that fanbase.

the rainbow dash fans became gay communists and the applejack fans became nazis

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
No poo poo, for whatever reason I was thinking about this last night.

I remember super goddamn annoying furries everywhere, then they seemed to chill out and the worst of them became bronies.

Now they seem to be gone and it's like, where did they go? Those sorts of broken brains don't mend so what did they move on to?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

carrionman posted:

I remember super goddamn annoying furries everywhere, then they seemed to chill out and the worst of them became bronies.

Now they seem to be gone and it's like, where did they go? Those sorts of broken brains don't mend so what did they move on to?

I don't know but consider this, do you really want to know?

Got curious and searched 'brony' on twitter. I got this:
https://twitter.com/BronyRepublican/status/1674146787085414400

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^
It's tough out there for a conservative brony :patriot:

Valko posted:

Palate cleanser from brony bullshit.

It might take a while to see it...

Man that took a while to parse :niggly:

e:

ChubbyChecker posted:

there have been studies about goons

does anyone have links to the brony threads, it would be interesting to see how many are not banned

Couldn't find a proper thread, but found a mod announcement banning further threads...

Oof size: Medium

The hero we needed :(

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 29, 2023

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKuxiYs8k4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bringing up Aatrek is extra cursed.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The only thing that can stop a man with a rock is a good guy with a golf cart.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KZQaGX-5l8

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HXPb83d.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
oh wow lmao. gotta be drunk

Vakal
May 11, 2008

carrionman posted:

They are all VTubers now.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Vakal posted:

They are all VTubers now.

Can confirm, have made money from cartoon cam.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

oh wow lmao. gotta be drunk

Or someone learning to drive who has an idiot instructor telling them to parallel park and then they panic.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

carrionman posted:

They became twitter white supremacists

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I stopped when I got therapy regularly

Childhood trauma is a biiiiiitch

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

History Comes Inside! posted:

They changed the cartoon again and they all hated it or something so it died out

It’s like what happened to game of thrones fans just vanishing off the face of the earth after the wet fart ending

Bronies really seemed to vanish without a trace though.

The GoT fans at least left reminders they existed in the form of a bunch of kids called Daenerys (who no doubt will be getting that changed by deed poll the instant they're old enough), like Dwemer ruins in Skyrim.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I think they only seemed to vanish but really you don't see them because modern social media silos populations off more completely than the old days.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

gay picnic defence posted:

The GoT fans at least left reminders they existed in the form of a bunch of kids called Daenerys (who no doubt will be getting that changed by deed poll the instant they're old enough), like Dwemer ruins in Skyrim.

I know of at least one Khaleesi who was born in 2023.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Breetai posted:

I know of at least one Khaleesi who was born in 2023.

*Observes overt Nazi symbolism* Yaaaas, queeeeen!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

I think they only seemed to vanish but really you don't see them because modern social media silos populations off more completely than the old days.

Yeah I do some community deep work and bronies definitely still exist. I don't even know what they're watching anymore, like all the cartoons and poo poo have been off the air for at least half a decade right? It takes work to be in that fandom now.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Valko posted:

Palate cleanser from brony bullshit.

It might take a while to see it...

https://youtu.be/dMqEG32UslU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Humphreys posted:

Got reminded of Pamperchu and now I feel gross and sad for this world.

Let he who is without sin snoof the first pamps.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh cool hounds of tindalos

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Gromit posted:

pamperchu warmed up stolen used diapers in the microwave, never forget

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^

Couldn't find a proper thread, but found a mod announcement banning further threads...

Oof size: Medium

The hero we needed :(

Yeah, Aatrek was horrified that people would want to have sex with ponies.

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

pamperchu warmed up stolen used diapers in the microwave, never forget

Sometimes the cursed image isn't even needed.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, Aatrek was horrified that people would want to have sex with ponies.

At some point in everyone's life they find out that ponies aren't baby horses, and everyone deals with it differently

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i wish thinking about baby ponies didn't remind me of the whole fluffy ponies thing (cartoon :nms:) but something awful has broken my loving brain

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
You know, one day I’m going to see a :nms: tag and just let it be.

I’m really sorry it wasn’t today.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

carrionman posted:

I remember watching a youtube video about this. Basically, the cartoon ended, and without new canon content the cons were running on fumes and collapsed due to internal drama/lack of interest/the organizers moving on with their lives and no one taking up the mantle. With no cartoon or cons there wasn't much left of substance so it just sort of disintigrated.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

gay picnic defence posted:

They all died in the Great Bronipocalypse

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gromit posted:

i forgot this term, man

why

e. that's not a "man" of gendering, but of exasperation

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 30, 2023

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Ah, good. Just what I needed after reading Thomas Ligotti: an end stage dementia simulator.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

MSB3000 posted:

Sometimes the cursed image isn't even needed.

Memories of images you can smell.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

They all died in the Great Bronipocalypse

Broniclopalypse is right there.

e:

Hasturtium posted:

Ah, good. Just what I needed after reading Thomas Ligotti: an end stage dementia simulator.

Someone generate a 6.5 hour version and put it over Caretaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

Oof that's rough to imagine, I cursed myself :(

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 30, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Memories of images you can smell.

Broniclopalypse is right there.

May as well take it to Aclopalypse

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

May as well take it to Aclopalypse

I just thought of this and came back to edit it into my post, hoping no one had replied yet. You bastard. You absolute fucker.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

We're going to see so many AI inspired monstrosities in horror movies in the coming years.

Not necessary AI generated, but inspired by videos like this: faces distorting, mouths opening where they shouldn't, random limbs appearing and disappearing...

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Why would anyone want to re-make John Carpenter's The Thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

Why would anyone want to re-make John Carpenter's The Thing?

Well it iself was sorta of a remake. Although really just another movie made from the same source material.

John carpenter himself actually may possibly be making a sequel. He hasn't done a good movie in a while, but if he does have another good movie in him I think that would be it.