Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
wait gently caress did I rush past the party select because I thought it was a story thing

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
welcome to hard mode

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I finished with 0 turns left last cycle. I hate that deer.

I'm not even going to try it until I can build my new Yanqing and Luocha more but also I'm out of every resource so .... :negative:

That deer hosed me last week but this week my SW is highly invested. At 21 stars now but stage #8 wiped my party at the last phase :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

You probably want a debuffer, Pela maybe?

Pela would be good. I'm building my 2 teams concurrently because I am not smart. Right now it's Quinque, Sushang, Natasha, Silver Wolf and Serval, Welt, Asta, Gepard. It's still subject to change depending on if I get Pela or not, but Sushang, Serval, Welt, SW, Quinque and Gepard are non-negotiable.

I really want Pela. And Quinque eidolons. I'm also completely broke and can only manage a pull once every 2 days right now, but I'm skipping 1.2 completely so I don't really care.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I found a big effort post about Yukong on reddit, for anyone who was thinking about building her. Interestingly, they suggest a 3* light cone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStar...nt=share_button

It's not that surprising; Meshing Cogs is best in slot for spamming ults. Or at least it is until you get a rather absurd number of superpositions for gacha LCs that also give energy. The big problem with it is probably that you will super die from being a Harmony with presumably low defensive stats, equipping a LC with terrible stats.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
None of the stuff you're bringing Yukong for actually depends on her stats, right? So you're free to build defensive relics to handle her survivability.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
No joke might be a candidate for the guard set?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, her skills have pretty good multipliers, so you're at least losing out on something if you do so.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

God leveling Yukong from 0 is hard and very resource intensive

but...she's my only imaginary character!!! I must!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just pulled Gepard on the standard banner....my second one

i feel scandalized

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I wish there was a way to force specific outcomes in SU. I'm missing about 8 blessings, 5 events and a couple of curios and I can't get any of them to show up.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Big storms in the American Midwest today, and I've been without power for ten hours. I burned the last of my energy. My phone won't make it through the night. It's been a pleasure posting with all of you. Please hack my account to prevent energy from capping. thanks

Walla posted:

I wish there was a way to force specific outcomes in SU. I'm missing about 8 blessings, 5 events and a couple of curios and I can't get any of them to show up.

I'm in the same boat, I'm wondering if there are conditions to making the remaining unlocks show up and I'm not meeting them. Blessings I need to take, or events that only show up in one stage, or something of that nature

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Big storms in the American Midwest today, and I've been without power for ten hours. I burned the last of my energy. My phone won't make it through the night. It's been a pleasure posting with all of you. Please hack my account to prevent energy from capping. thanks

I'm in the same boat, I'm wondering if there are conditions to making the remaining unlocks show up and I'm not meeting them. Blessings I need to take, or events that only show up in one stage, or something of that nature

Some of the blessings do require you to have gotten previous blessings. Off the top of my head:

Elation has blessings you need to have taken an Aftertaste blessing to make available
Hunt ditto Critical Boost
Preservation ditto Quake
Remembrance ditto Disassociation
Abundance ditto Dewdrop
Destruction ditto Fighting Spirit
Nihility ditto Suspicion (I think)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
If you are missing 2* blessings, it is almost guaranteed to be ones that are conditional, needing to have one of the 3* blessings that grant the buffs/debuffs listed above.

Also, how good is Luocha's dps supposed to be? I guess I was mentally envisioning similar to a nihility character like Welt, but it is not that much higher than Natasha. I guess when I heard he heals by attacking I assumed he attacked better than he does.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Luocha has better damage than Natasha in the sense that his healing scales with ATK so he's gonna end up doing a bit more, plus he also has an AoE ult with decent multiplier that can help breaking enemies, but he's still not gonna do that much. His field gimmick makes everyone heal themselves and each other every time they attack, not just Luocha.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean if his Ult crits and you aren't doing several thousand damage, he's not equipped right. Pretty much anyone stacked with ATK should be "Ok" at least damage. Just on pure math. He should be enough damage to help you whittle things down in a clear manner, not as strong as your real damage but enough to make a difference. Beyond that he's utility. You bring him to heal, to strip buffs from the enemy and strip debuffs from the party. If you manage to get any Eidolons you will notice his utility rapidly going up. That's what he is. He's support to make the rest of your party keep going. That rest of the party is where your damage should be coming from. Even an ATK focused utility is still utility.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I think I'm sold on Jingliu. If she's in 1.4, I'll be in for a three-patch running gauntlet of four characters I want.

I already had to give up on Luocha! I'm done for!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Walla posted:

For blessings, you need to stick on a specific path an be aggressive about rerolling the blessings to find something that's on your path. Even if there's a 3 star blessing of another path, always pick the blessing on your path even if it's a one star.

Don't forget that those path resonate also count.

I'm still missing the Ruan mei event myself

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I got Ruan Mei for the first time in a very long time....

on the run I was doing to get the achievement for clearing SU with six or fewer blessings.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

FractalSandwich posted:

I think I'm sold on Jingliu. If she's in 1.4, I'll be in for a three-patch running gauntlet of four characters I want.

I already had to give up on Luocha! I'm done for!

She seems cool. I’d roll on her for an ice dps

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Leraika posted:

I got Ruan Mei for the first time in a very long time....

on the run I was doing to get the achievement for clearing SU with six or fewer blessings.

There's an achievement for that? How does that even work, I don't see any way to decline taking a blessing?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

NeonPunk posted:

There's an achievement for that? How does that even work, I don't see any way to decline taking a blessing?

There is!

You basically have no wriggle room if you get the perk that gives you an extra blessing after your first win, but:

a) do blue nodes whenever you can; they usually give you ways to refuse to take anything or take fragments/curios rather than blessings
b) don't take blessings that are resonant with your current path so you don't get the path resonance blessing
c) you don't have to beat every enemy in a combat node, just the one closest to the exit

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to 8 cycle today's Stellar Flare. I did use the Himeko that was provided, but I don't think I needed her.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Leraika posted:

There is!

You basically have no wriggle room if you get the perk that gives you an extra blessing after your first win, but:

a) do blue nodes whenever you can; they usually give you ways to refuse to take anything or take fragments/curios rather than blessings
b) don't take blessings that are resonant with your current path so you don't get the path resonance blessing
c) you don't have to beat every enemy in a combat node, just the one closest to the exit

Oh wow I never knew that was possible. This entire time I thought you had to defeat every enemies.

Sometimes I see those enemies paired up near the exit, can you like kite one away or are those kind of scenarios where you just quit the run since it'll just be a failure state?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

If they're actually tethered to each other, I don't think you can separate them (and it's a restart).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm pretty sure I've been able to aggro them one at a time to come forwards and break the tether between them.

But I don't know if, e.g., doing that and then popping Seele technique to dodge them and kill the remaining one will let you exit.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Mulva posted:

I mean if his Ult crits and you aren't doing several thousand damage, he's not equipped right. Pretty much anyone stacked with ATK should be "Ok" at least damage. Just on pure math. He should be enough damage to help you whittle things down in a clear manner, not as strong as your real damage but enough to make a difference. Beyond that he's utility. You bring him to heal, to strip buffs from the enemy and strip debuffs from the party. If you manage to get any Eidolons you will notice his utility rapidly going up. That's what he is. He's support to make the rest of your party keep going. That rest of the party is where your damage should be coming from. Even an ATK focused utility is still utility.

I think my mental image of how he played was just off, where I was thinking close to DPS damage with moderate healing, when really he has a lot more utility and healing power than I thought he would, but less damage.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jabor posted:

I'm pretty sure I've been able to aggro them one at a time to come forwards and break the tether between them.

But I don't know if, e.g., doing that and then popping Seele technique to dodge them and kill the remaining one will let you exit.

I think once one loses sight of you, it'll run back to the other. Probably faster than you can juke around to hit the last one

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also a quick reminder the Embers Exchange resets tomorrow. If you haven't, buy the Special Passes today so you can get more tomorrow.

Also if you bought the Express Pass, you can use Oneiric Shards in place of jade at a 1:1 rate.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

can't you use sampo's techique to blind enemies and run past them

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

GateOfD posted:

can't you use sampo's techique to blind enemies and run past them

yeah but you actually have to defeat at least one monster to open the gate; you're free to ignore the rest

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Is that how it works? I guess if you do get double guards at the exit you could kill a solo roaming mob and ignore the doubles.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Jabor posted:

Is that how it works? I guess if you do get double guards at the exit you could kill a solo roaming mob and ignore the doubles.

Yeah I checked and it has to be the guard at the exit, sorry for being misleading.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Honkai 3rd related but some news for that one poster thats a massive Sirin fan I said I'd follow up on when there was more news.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Meowywitch posted:

I just pulled Gepard on the standard banner....my second one

I know it sucks but it actually sort of unlocks a new capability for the character, because it means that his skill becomes a reliable freeze rather than a crapshoot. I know you mostly don't want to use it, but it's at least an option now!

Also Dreamy's "5 star characters are a shortcut to winning because they let you bypass pain" statement has never felt more true - prior to Luocha I was struggling to eke out 12 stars in MOC (no Bailu/Gepard, so was cobbling together defenses out of M7/FMC), now I'm up to 19 stars already with at least two more attainable (1 turn off the higher turn threshold on MOC5&7 and I know I made mistakes that wasted time). A little annoyed, but also very happy that the character really did unlock so much content.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

How far has that one YouTuber gotten using only the free units? I will eventually make my own challenge account to do that, but it's been hard to find the time with work and several other great games coming out.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you're talking about Dreamy, I believe she's 30 starred MoC without ever using a banner 5 star.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

That's awesome, but I think there was someone going even more extreme and not even pulling on the account (except the required pull for Asta)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

That's awesome, but I think there was someone going even more extreme and not even pulling on the account (except the required pull for Asta)

That sounds dumb imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's important to have that kind of person around as a barometer for the health of the game imo. While it's getting painful in Genshin I still see people do it, so the longer people in SR can do it, the better imo.