Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those games are also pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm sure they'll get into the next SD Gundam G Generation.

If we ever get another one. Cross Rays came out in 2019 and I don't think there's been any news about another actual G Gen game, just another terrible "we farmed this existing franchise out to a terrible gacha game where you gacha for core game mechanics in the main series" flip like Gundam Breaker Mobile.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm sure they'll get into the next SD Gundam G Generation.

lol if you think the next one won't be another UC game.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I just realized that Meer's little mini cloak thing echoes the collar and weird epaulettes on the ZAFT uniform

https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1672040671572635650?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaius Marius posted:

Those games are also pretty bad

What Gundam game isn't

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Nuebot posted:

lol if you think the next one won't be another UC game.

The last G Gen game was literally nothing but AUs with absolutely no UC content at all except the Sisquiede making a guest appearance.

If they follow the old pattern, we had one UC-focused game(Genesis), one AU-focused game(Cross Rays), and the next game should mash together the assets from those two into a big megagame.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

What Gundam game isn't

gundam evo was so close

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

What Gundam game isn't

Does Super Robot Wars count?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gundam vs Zeta Gundam still the goat

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

MBON rules and is a legit excellent fighting game if you can get over the learning curve of learning how to move

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

What Gundam game isn't

Breaker 2 was legit, Musou 1 and 3 were good. Threat of Axis was outstanding if you're a hex grid gamer who loves long rear end campaigns. Gundam Battle Universe was a good arcade mecha game. Gundam VS Maxi Boost was tremendous. Gundam VS Zeta Gundam was also good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rise from the Ashes is short but good, with solid squad mechanics and a focus on more grounded MS combat. No Gundams, no flight, no newtypes. Just three grunt suits, a radar truck, and a continent's worth of Zakus to carve through.

As for Urdr Hunt... I think the story stuff is alright, and the animated sections are sometimes quite good. It's just the gameplay that's terrible, and fortunately, that's the part I don't have to deal with.

(Julieta gets a pretty cool training fight in one of the bonus scenes. I'm a sucker for using your enemies as human shields.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah gundam versus kicks rear end

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
the SNES SD Gundam games are pretty neat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Unicorn game Fromsoft made looks cool

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Gundam Versus was such a widely reviled misstep that it became a meme-tier joke among the Japanese EXVS community.

We got an MBON port eventually, though, so no harm no foul.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Gundam Versus was such a widely reviled misstep that it became a meme-tier joke among the Japanese EXVS community.

We got an MBON port eventually, though, so no harm no foul.

gundam versus, the franchise, not gundam versus, the game

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Endorph posted:

gundam versus, the franchise, not gundam versus, the game

That makes sense.

GVS, the game bad enough that it damaged the series's nomenclature. Christ, it had 150 dollars of DLC suits.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Waffleman_ posted:

What Gundam game isn't

Midjack posted:

Threat of Axis was outstanding if you're a hex grid gamer who loves long rear end campaigns.[...] Gundam VS Zeta Gundam was also good.

Also chiming in here in favor of Gihren's Greed: Menace of Axis V. Heck, all of the Gihren's Greed games are good in their own way, and overall Gundam actually had a pretty decent run on the PSP of all things.

Gundam Battle Operation 2 is also kind of good despite itself. By itself, I mean the skeleton crew that BamCo has supporting the game (despite it clearly needing more support, especially the PC version). Even so, they've managed to come out with a new suit every week and for a roster as deep as the one it has right now, there are surprisingly few outright stinkers. It manages to do a good job capturing the feel of controlling a MS without it being clunky or too arcade-y, and I daresay it's actually a bit more accessible than most multiplayer shooters?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Waffleman_ posted:

What Gundam game isn't

G-Saviour for the PS2 is almost as good as G-Saviour the movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1672318034399342593?t=3Tnx3X-AAQ1P8Pv5iPZxEw&s=19

Hell yeah new Tomino interview

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/beurre_de_keuf/status/1672342218416193536?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not inaccurate.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/SpeedoCap/status/1672453943643758592

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Waffleman_ posted:

What Gundam game isn't

Gundam Breaker 3 is pretty fun

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

yeah gundam versus kicks rear end

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/blitzthreesix/status/1672429466583445505

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD50VGazu8U

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/TrafalgarLog/status/1673158358516350978?t=IeWdgUZTXrkw94OY83Yv1A&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/SpaceQueenEmily/status/1673163937620148225?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Punched Beyond The Time.

(And hey, Kamille did change his destiny!)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/fullfringal/status/1673402987304067091?t=qktWzzTC-e4NjfHIhIQSYw&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/tsukimibdohrnii/status/1673843905689956353?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/NebbyXC/status/1674226811331391488?t=Vuj0jCF1fTO7kZ_aMJR9eg&s=19

So that's what Quattro was doing during ZZ...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Imagine the au where kamilles doesn't get brain blasted and quattro becomes the zz pilot

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Stairmaster posted:

Imagine the au where kamilles doesn't get brain blasted and quattro becomes the zz pilot

Bet he wouldn't hang out of the cockpit all the time like a loving idiot.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Didn't mention it earlier, but I finished Stardust a bit back, and that is a show that managed to take an ending that seemed like it would have too much to do and then somehow make the finale feel like a non-event.

There's been plenty of talk about how awful Nina is in the finale, but I think just as much attention should go to how the Gato and Kou rivalry at the heart of the show feels so unfinished. We get Gato almost respecting Kou with his line about the federation, but instead of a conclusive final duel, we just get a bunch of nothing, with Gato dying to the fleet having "won", and Kou shooting him in the back without it being a pivotal moment to define their rivalry. And there were so many ways it could go, too!

Maybe Gato accepts that Kou shot him, sees it as a kind of inevitability of the battlefield, and is more sorry for Kou than himself, that a man who had the makings of a true warrior should be forced by fate to play a mere butcher. Play up how they both recognize they could have been friends, and that the plotting of the Titans forced them here. This is a game no-one wins.

Or maybe lean into Kou as the hero. He's been playing soldier all along, but here he gives up the romantic fantasy of a pilot to save lives, barely knocking the colony off-course to prevent another massive disaster. Unlike Gato, he sees through the lie they've both been drunk on to avoid admitting to their own bloody hearts, escaping like Keith from the bloody fate that consumed Burning and Kelly.

Then again, the show's been high on Gato's supply, so it could also lean into that more. Put emphasis on how, by shooting his rival from ambush, Kou lost the taste of glory that made him able to stand against Gato. His final shot with Nina gets played like Kelly and his girlfriend, Kou lost everything and can never get it back because he lost his warrior spirit.

Instead, we get nothing. There's a fight, but it's even less of a finale to their rivalry than the GP duel earlier, and there's the Nina nonsense in the middle. Everything plays out like it looked like it was going to at the end of the last episode, Cima dies because Kou is a jackass, and then we see everyone except Keith, Mora, and Kou join the Titans as Synapse also dies pointlessly and almost offscreen.

I knew it would crash hard, but... yep. That's a bad ending. Might be the biggest fall in Gundam for me, which is kind of impressive. There are shows I like less than even the finale (Hey Igloo, I didn't forget you), but they don't have a fall from grace. 0083... in a better world, it would probably be one of my favorites.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I haven’t gotten too far into this arc yet, only three episodes (they just reunited with the Moon Moon crew), but it felt weird how little weight was given to Ple’s death. Then again, I might be biased because she was my favorite character of the show so far, and ZZ moved on VERY quickly.

Goddammit ZZ how come I have to quote myself to make the exact same drat point about the finale! You finally made me care about Ple-Two, and then she ambiguously falls over. I had to check the wiki to see if she actually died or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Marida is the superior Ple imo