Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

bawk posted:

There's certainly no shortage of people who buy dozens of people random themed avatars

I do it and it's hilarious. You get drunk and grab your credit card and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Minneapolis PD is just like NYPD with a mini budget.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I treat my anonymous avatar purchases with all the seriousness and tactical skill of an elite assassin: one target, weeks of preparation, all leading to a perfectly executed sniper shot of comedy gold :69snypa:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

My anonymous avatar purchases are impulsive but always prompted by the recipient saying that a pic would make a good avatar. Oh yeah, you think so? Well here you go!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Paper Tiger posted:

My anonymous avatar purchases are impulsive but always prompted by the recipient saying that a pic would make a good avatar. Oh yeah, you think so? Well here you go!

this text would make a good av

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

this text would make a good av

Lol, I had to stop for a while when it seemed like people caught on and were gaming that tendency for a free av

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Paper Tiger posted:

Lol, I had to stop for a while when it seemed like people caught on and were gaming that tendency for a free av

i like mine anyway im just being a smartass lol

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I'm tempted to do it a lot but I restrain myself if I like the poster's current av. Most everyone on this page is safe in that regard.

Plus last time I said anything I got glizzy gobbling a marshmussy added to mine.

Marcade has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Jun 30, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Someone vajazzled up my av text and I didn't even notice for like a year :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I should also note that I reserve the right to go all Liam Neeson on anyone who ever dares to change my stabby crab

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Anyone who buys their own avatar is, cringe.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I should also note that I reserve the right to go all Liam Neeson on anyone who ever dares to change my stabby crab

get racist against minorities? i dunno if that’s a great idea captain

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Hygiene posted:

I keep a text file with URLs of my avatar, gang tag, etc, as well as the actual images.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

get racist against minorities? i dunno if that’s a great idea captain

Pee my own pants in public

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pee my own pants in public

woah, that is some hard core neesoning

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If anyone wants a free temporary avatar I can give you one that lasts 6 hours.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I keep a text file with URLs of my avatar, gang tag, etc, as well as the actual images.

Come the gently caress on man

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Inceltown posted:

freedom isn't free

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Inceltown posted:

Yo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The only time I've ever wanted to buy someone an AV it was for an admin and I found out you can't buy them AVs but Sebmojo thought it was funny anyways and changed his own AV for a little bit. :cheers:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dameius posted:

The only time I've ever wanted to buy someone an AV it was for an admin and I found out you can't buy them AVs but Sebmojo thought it was funny anyways and changed his own AV for a little bit. :cheers:

Rules for thee but not for me!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I got mine because someone misunderstood what I wanted to happen with the image, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I've kept it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dameius posted:

You can buy mods a new av. They'll just change it back for free, but you can spend :10bux: for a good joke if you like burning money

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I've bought a few people avs, but they were just red texts of their posts that were particularly heinous.

I also didn't argue or interact with them around when they made the post, so the probably blamed someone else. Just like in high school when I had to fart, I'd go stand by one friend and he took the blame every time.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I got mine because someone misunderstood what I wanted to happen with the image, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I've kept it.

Oops

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Inceltown posted:

You don’t have the guts, fucker

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cthulu Carl posted:

I've bought a few people avs, but they were just red texts of their posts that were particularly heinous.

I also didn't argue or interact with them around when they made the post, so the probably blamed someone else. Just like in high school when I had to fart, I'd go stand by one friend and he took the blame every time.

This is the way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Outrail posted:

This is the way.

on the other hand you have to make it clear what post you're mad about. compare to my avatar, which someone paid to put on me and i still have no idea what they're actually angry about.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:umberto: Spamming gibberish. :umberto:

Reptar The King posted:

u r all gay i h8 u all GBS is a lovely forum u r all cocks

btw i never said one of the greatest i just said he was a great drummer. he's better than bad, he's good.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dameius posted:

It is the honourable way :hai:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arivia posted:

on the other hand you have to make it clear what post you're mad about. compare to my avatar, which someone paid to put on me and i still have no idea what they're actually angry about.

I'm extremely lazy so I'll accuse you of posting in E/N, CSPAM or DnD and assume you deserved it.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

EorayMel posted:

:umberto: Spamming gibberish. :umberto:

what drummer tho

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Every now and then I remember some plague rats buying herself mean avatars for literal years so she could blame other people for them and throw back my head and laugh to the sky

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

sebmojo posted:

Every now and then I remember some plague rats buying herself mean avatars for literal years so she could blame other people for them and throw back my head and laugh to the sky

And the fact that saving money on them is the only reason she got caught.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inceltown posted:

What are you gonna do, probe me?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Eh, it's funny. Which is ultimately what's most important. :shobon:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sebmojo posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ND13osH.gifv

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Someone else added the text to my av, presumably the Mouse Buddy person, and I am occasionally mildly peeved that they decided to label the Optimist Mouse as a rat, but whenever I think about changing it I also want to get a cleanly cropped and less compressed image, and that's like actual effort, so I've left it as is. Plus I still appreciate the gesture.

also I have too many gangtags but don't want to spend money to remove some, there's probably a thread where you can ask nicely for that

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Outrail posted:

I'm extremely lazy so I'll accuse you of posting in E/N, CSPAM or DnD and assume you deserved it.

All three! But I’m pretty sure it’s actually from Trad Games. Bunch of people really mad there about my elf game opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
they're pretty clearly mad that you don't already know why they're mad, pointing to a specific post would defeat the purpose