Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't pay the most close attention to the broadcasts but not being on fox was a breath of fresh air on its own. the fox production quality has gotten nightmarishly bad in the past two years so i was happy just not dealing with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Douchebag posted:

The cup race itself was decent. Nashville is a good track. The broadcast bullshit they pulled at the beginning with Jr and Burton at the end of pit wall was a joke. I had to adjust the drat volume everytime they went to them. When they all got in the booth, it was a typical NASCAR broadcast with mediocre to bad announcing. There are too many people in the NBC booth. I know Letarte is there because of Jr but if you got rid of him and Burton and just had the lead guy and Jr I think it would flow better.

Letarte has been on NBC since the start of their current stint.

IIRC, Junyer said a couple years ago on DJD that it's in his contract that Letarte is required to be on any broadcast he does.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Letarte has been on NBC since the start of their current stint.

IIRC, Junyer said a couple years ago on DJD that it's in his contract that Letarte is required to be on any broadcast he does.

He’d be perfect in a Larry Mac role. Not in the booth full time. Letarte is very intelligent and savvy about the cars and technology, use him that way.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

What in the world...

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1673729940649394176?s=20

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

What a horrific thing for them and this country. NASCAR fans have been making awful and stupid Chicago gun violence jokes leading up to this week only for the thing that actually happens with gun owners everyday to strike a NASCAR family. Most of these people think having a gun in their home will make their loved ones safer when we know it does the opposite.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

Pinecone Sample posted:

NASCAR fans have been making awful and stupid Chicago gun violence jokes leading up to this week only for the thing that actually happens with gun owners everyday to strike a NASCAR family.

Get a load of this jerk.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

What a horrific thing for them and this country. NASCAR fans have been making awful and stupid Chicago gun violence jokes leading up to this week only for the thing that actually happens with gun owners everyday to strike a NASCAR family. Most of these people think having a gun in their home will make their loved ones safer when we know it does the opposite.

what in the world lmao

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

Yeah dude it sucks when the chuds try to politicize violent tragedies

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Alaois posted:

what in the world lmao

Do you not see Bob Pockrass's dumpster fire replies any time he mentions the race in Chicago, or are you here to wring your hands about how it's no time for politics every time someone dies of gun violence in America

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah dude it sucks when the chuds try to politicize violent tragedies

And you seem about as honest as an NRA lobbyist.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Guns are cool, murder is bad, Sheldon Creed is kinda dumb:

https://twitter.com/ndegroot89/status/1673844218731831296?s=20

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1673800157479985153?s=20

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
NBC was extra annoying for this broadcast. In the last 40 laps they took two commercial breaks while the battle for the lead was at it's best, on lap like 36 and again on lap like 24 or something. They were side by side breaks but come on, you actually have something interesting happening at the end of the race for once, like think ahead and get your 2 breaks within 15 laps done in the middle somewhere.

As far as Sheldon Creed, why didn't he get suspended? I know it's NASCAR and consistency, especially with penalties, is not their thing but to be consistent for once and suspend any driver that has admitted to or had a lot of damning evidence against them purposely wrecking somebody and then all of a sudden stop seems like too much of a 180. $25k and 25pts? That's nothing compared to missing a race. Honestly I thought they were for real going to let Chase Elliott go just to troll the entire Chase is the Golden Boy, Hendrick gets all breaks, fan base but we can't get everything we want I guess.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Pinecone Sample posted:

They aren't much better here, as you can see.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

They aren't much better here, as you can see.

I know, in just the last hour or so I've heard from at least three users with probes for racial slurs, homophobic slurs, and threatening to beat someone with a chain.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

let he who is without sin cast the first chain

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

The replays on utube are great the camera is always on the racing: if u can hold out; I have to watch the cup series live. Watching the xfinity now and it is wild.

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 28, 2023

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

I don't think the 18 was doing anything wrong whatsoever. Yeah, it's annoying, but you wreck a guy over that? AND you wreck yourself? You're a loving idiot.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

What’s the discord for this clusterfuck? 😀

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Douchebag posted:

What’s the discord for this clusterfuck? 😀

https://discord.gg/FphB4mu4

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hi I know nothing about NASCAR but they are coming to my city this weekend and I'm curious if this is as bad an idea as it seems.

Aren't the cars tuned for top end speed with long embanking turns? Seems like putting them on flat roads with tight corners would not be ideal and make for bad racing if the cars aren't setup for that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Popete posted:

Hi I know nothing about NASCAR but they are coming to my city this weekend and I'm curious if this is as bad an idea as it seems.

Aren't the cars tuned for top end speed with long embanking turns? Seems like putting them on flat roads with tight corners would not be ideal and make for bad racing if the cars aren't setup for that.

The fact that they are terrible at it makes it good racing

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Popete posted:

Do what we do, root for chaos.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i suspect the race will probably not be great but it's fun that they're trying it, idk

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Popete posted:

pretend that NASCAR is trey mancini and it will help you understand the events of the racing weekend properly

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Elitist Bitch posted:

Do what we do, root for chaos.

Sadly Kidc is probably right, it'll most likely be a pretty boring affair. I think it's awesome that the new powers that be with NASCAR are trying taboo new things, don't get me wrong. We've seen stuff in the last year or so that a lot of the old school fans would never have even thought possible, let alone feasible. The potential hilarity of a cup type car in IMSA is growing dangerously possible and I am loving here for it.

Good luck actually seeing it as a resident unless you've got some serious clout with a rooftop bar over there, and hopefully too many people don't hork out and need quick medical transport. Easy on that deep dish this weekend.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea more than likely there will be some drama early on. But they will spread out and just be running laps without much incidents. Although on the flip side, it seems there's a pretty decent chance the Xfinity race will also be raining. Although maybe storms so they will do a lightning delay and not have full chaos.

Also $300 for the shittiest tickets? Who the gently caress is going to do that over just watching it on TV? Only the rich fucks that don't give a gently caress about Nascar and just there cause it's something to do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

They designed a car in the hopes of making road course (and short track) racing better and it did Not That.

The best way to look at it is cheer for Actually Good Race>Bad Race, But In A Funny Way>Bad Race.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Watching practice and qualifying and just getting super stoked to see the full field run this course. It’s gonna be rad!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm not sure these cars can pass at all

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Should have used the 500hp super Speedway package here, would be awesome to watch that shitstorm on this track.

I actually like this track, or the idea of NASCAR on a street circuit, but like, why not just loving use Long Beach and keep the Chicagoland oval which isn’t terrible?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I watched the 2002 July Busch race from Daytona last night and somehow found I'm finally OK-ish with this date belonging to another race.

...but a lightning delay in Chicago while it's spectacular in Daytona today. :ironicat:

That said, I'm eager to see how the Cup cars do here tomorrow. The Chicago street course is alright, but I think we can do a bit better with street racing.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

I watched the 2002 July Busch race from Daytona last night and somehow found I'm finally OK-ish with this date belonging to another race.

...but a lightning delay in Chicago while it's spectacular in Daytona today. :ironicat:

That said, I'm eager to see how the Cup cars do here tomorrow. The Chicago street course is alright, but I think we can do a bit better with street racing.

I’m ok with moving the summer Daytona race elsewhere, but put it IN the playoffs. Not the last race before it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Douchebag posted:

I’m ok with moving the summer Daytona race elsewhere, but put it IN the playoffs. Not the last race before it.

no way last race before the playoffs is perfect

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jeff Gluck says fans are leaving in droves and there's confusion as to why. One report is that the security has told them the race is over.

kidcoelacanth posted:

no way last race before the playoffs is perfect

Give that date to Atlanta. It's a chaos race, and imagine the :circlefap: if Chase wins a regular season championship at home.

RING DA SIREEEEEEN

Also, if the Jags move into Daytona, it would take away any conflict with preseason games.

E-
https://twitter.com/NASCARChicago/status/1675284502011170816?t=24ZDrK8m5RyuvJGV88jdqg&s=19

Uh, wow. And the fans who are able to get to Twitter or not happy.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 2, 2023

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

that chainsmokers concert getting plugged every race for half a year by the announcers only for it to be cancelled lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

drat Blues Brothers.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1675309730950938630?t=ZD7DMYBUQcQGrGWmEIjuKw&s=19

Banzai (Chicago area resident) in Discord suggested there may not be much overrun to make this happen on Monday.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Douchebag posted:

why not just loving use Long Beach and keep the Chicagoland oval which isn’t terrible?

you'd have to move series off of the Long Beach weekend to add anything else, between IndyCar, IMSA (which runs Saturday for like 100 minutes, it's not a long race), the supports for both, the historics, the jumpy trucks, the drifting (if that's still on the same weekend?)...literally no space for anything else.

did the IMSA Dentist race get off without a hitch? because that's probably going to be more carnage than either Cup or Grand National series race.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They should figure out what time they really wana actually do this race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1675558765649690624?t=YIRcB6Kb3xmdKmeTkHlV7Q&s=19

"Given the City of Chicago has us by the balls and we can't piss them off if we ever want to do this again, we have no choice but to Calvinball the race."

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 2, 2023