Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

nothing definite but leaks were Blade first, Kafka second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Yukong is such an interesting character. But reading all the theorycrafting data about her is melting my brain.

She's going to be really crazy once we have more options for skill-neutral sub-DPS units.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we know how Kafka is going to be in terms of performance? I looked her up and it seemed hard to gauge since she does stuff with DoTs or something.

Not going to roll regardless since she seems too similar to JY in her role, but I'm curious how she's supposed to work.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My understanding is that the details have changed a lot over various iterations so we can't say for sure right now. But her basic plan seems to make big dots and make them pop a lot (because waiting for the enemy turn is for losers).

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I was 100% sold on Jing Yuan the moment i did the character demo and watched the lightning lord and ultimate animations, and I still love watching the wind up when LL is about to slam down on some dudes

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

I just stick with Tingyun where its just buff highest dps.
recharge his ult. whenever you can. the end

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tangents posted:

I was 100% sold on Jing Yuan the moment i did the character demo and watched the lightning lord and ultimate animations, and I still love watching the wind up when LL is about to slam down on some dudes
Big same

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ah blade... aka king dork

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know how Kafka is going to be in terms of performance? I looked her up and it seemed hard to gauge since she does stuff with DoTs or something.

Not going to roll regardless since she seems too similar to JY in her role, but I'm curious how she's supposed to work.

She is just straight up a dps. She doesn't need other dot units but she can improve them. Her skill is a blast that at lvl 10 does 160% damage and if the target has dots on them, they all tick for 75% of their initial damage. So she can some nutso damage with other dot units, but her ult will apply a dot on it's own. For reference at lvl 10 Seele's skill is 220%. Kafka's ult hits all enemies for 80% with a 100% chance to shock them, the shock deals 290% of her damage, and the ult makes it tick. So basically 370% to all enemies on the field. Seele would do 425% to one. :aloom: All the changes did was remove her hybrid stuff around break effect and make her less of Serval's bff. These numbers are all stc, but like yeah. She's a ridiculously good dps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

She's also spellbindingly beautiful

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kafka is for the girlies (im girlies)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

She's also spellbindingly beautiful

Snooze Cruise posted:

kafka is for the girlies (im girlies)

First Kafka, and now Jingliu, we're eating good. :gaysper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baLP7S6Ioc8

https://twitter.com/StarRailVerse/status/1673270932410970118?t=CDE4XAh228bR4lhCMD2CQw&s=19

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

kafka is for the girlies (Sampo)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would like to report that a crime was committed against me, on the last day of pride no less

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm glad yall have Kafka, but I only have one love.

She's perfect, no notes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eimi posted:

She is just straight up a dps. She doesn't need other dot units but she can improve them. Her skill is a blast that at lvl 10 does 160% damage and if the target has dots on them, they all tick for 75% of their initial damage. So she can some nutso damage with other dot units, but her ult will apply a dot on it's own. For reference at lvl 10 Seele's skill is 220%. Kafka's ult hits all enemies for 80% with a 100% chance to shock them, the shock deals 290% of her damage, and the ult makes it tick. So basically 370% to all enemies on the field. Seele would do 425% to one. :aloom: All the changes did was remove her hybrid stuff around break effect and make her less of Serval's bff. These numbers are all stc, but like yeah. She's a ridiculously good dps.

Dots can't crit though, so you have to take that into account when you look at her numbers.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

Dots can't crit though, so you have to take that into account when you look at her numbers.

Yeah and Seele can have an 80% damage boost fairly easily on her own. Still it's useful to compare the bases. But you're right crit will not have much value on her and that's a LOT of scaling gone.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

On the other hand it makes her way easier to build.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

On the other hand it makes her way easier to build.

It is a shame she lost the break eff hybrid stuff but I get why they did it. But it'd have given her some substats to chase. She barely even needs ehr, it's like maybe 11% given her traces.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Seele also has the 20% res pen that allows her to brute force almost any fight even if she doesn't have the matching weakness.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Detheros posted:

She's perfect, no notes.

Super2 battle pass LC... I kneel

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kafka can't scale through crit much but she does scale very quickly through other sources of DoTs from the team. Sampo can stack a 260% DoT and Luka a 290% DoT before Eidolons, and the strat would also be less demanding on SP than say, Seele + Bronya since Sampo/Luka only needs to apply their DoT once every 3 enemy turns (and Sampo can reapply his DoT with his basic attack)

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Ibblebibble posted:

Super2 battle pass LC... I kneel

Only the best for her.

But for real +35% damage (56% at s5) really owns for her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The most powerful dot of all... Break effect.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pulled loucha so I'll probably skipping Kafka sadly

There is fu xuan in the future as well. Jingliu is also pretty tempting as well after seeing her model in the side story

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, my current Luocha theory is that he's Elio, and he lied to Kafka about someone else bringing the Stellaron and brought it himself without her knowing.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What kind of 4-star LC does Kafka want? I assumed from day 1 that Fermata was designed for her, since it has her mug on it and cares about Shock.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Anything that increases damage really. Good Night and Sleep Well is probably the best for raw damage, but Fermata works. Eyes of the Prey is also a good alternative. Tutorial Mission also allows her to Ult every 2 turns through her skill + follow-up attacks, but you need a source of DEF down somewhere (hard to say how much damage this translates to without breaking out the calculator)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Qingque Sweep in the latest event battle.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's really fun

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Won't let me run 2 Qingques, games trash.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hilariously counter-intuitive - you WANT QQ to fail in this event so you just jam her skill twice to stack the buff before triumphantly unleashing "Victory!"

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 1, 2023

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I probably should try to get that QQ achievement when this event is happening actually

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Excelzior posted:

hilariously counter-intuitive - you WANT QQ to fail in this event so you just jam her skill twice to stack the buff before triumphantly unleashing "Victory!"

More like you jam the skill 8 times. At the very least 4 for her own buff though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I spent some fun money for a ten pull. No Pela. :(

Instead I finally get a copy of Resolution Shines as Pearls of Sweat, Quinque E3 and Luocha. I'm done.

I'm now 3 for 3 on soft pity for banner 5 stars.

Clarste posted:

More like you jam the skill 8 times. At the very least 4 for her own buff though.

I used my own Quinque for the regular difficulty but used the trial version for the Supergiant difficulty because she had speed boots which let me spam her skill more.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jing Yuan and Jing Liu need to share the same scene together in the present to see who can out cool smooth voice the other in the English dub. Apparently their voice actors know each other and are both Vtubers or something.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kale posted:

Jing Yuan and Jing Liu need to share the same scene together in the present to see who can out cool smooth voice the other in the English dub. Apparently their voice actors know each other and are both Vtubers or something.

Yeah, they stream as the vtubers Cy Yu and Monarch respectively, and collab together regularly. Here's a video Cy Yu put up yesterday of their It Takes Two collab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byr7FfmCm7k

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Jing Yuan's JP voice is Jotaro. Now they REALLY need to get Koyasu Takehito to voice someone.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Detheros posted:

She's perfect, no notes.

I'm only up to E5 for her but she rules. Love killing enemies with tiles. Will probably wait to pull on any more banners til Kafka.

I like JY a lot but Serval has a guitar so I will be leveling her first. Thinking she'll probably work better with Kafka over him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just don't have room for Jing Yuan. Honestly if I had pulled Pela I would be dropping Tingyun. I might anyway and just run Sampo with Resolution.

I might switch Gepard and Luocha as well. I haven’t decided yet.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 1, 2023