Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Perez +21 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ilmucche posted:

so pitting was definitely incorrect

Russell may have gotten a point by pitting first

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Full pit stop advantage in a sprint race….

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

shame for lando but hopefully tomorrow he can keep out of any lap one shenanigans as the upgraded mclaren seems to have decent race pace as well

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
lol at crofty acting as if the astons are having an exciting race when Alonso was very clearly slowing to not overtake Lance

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pitting one lap earlier would have given Hulk 4th assuming the track was mostly the same

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Centusin posted:

lol at crofty acting as if the astons are having an exciting race when Alonso was very clearly slowing to not overtake Lance

Didn't want to piss off daddy stroll

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Bip Roberts posted:

Russell may have gotten a point by pitting first

he might be the only one who got the timing bang on. probably worked out for hulk because his tyres were going too

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

Centusin posted:

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Russy boy nailed the swap, hell yeah

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

Like why did albono put?

Yeah seemed like they weren’t fast enough once they switched tires, but they might have held on to a points position if they stayed out? But probably would have got 9th anyway.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
charles is having such a tough season :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

Russy boy nailed the swap, hell yeah

He demonstrates a true mastery of race craft.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

20 second lead in a 24 lap race. Crikey

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
First lap and last five laps were fun

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

First lap and last five laps were fun

1/4 seems like about as good as a ratio you could hope for

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Was better before they turned on DRS.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Just dive the inside.

Max dives the inside, gets to break for free, forces the other driver to go around.

All these drivers need to loving to is dive the inside and bing bang bbong gain the position so simple.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Axing the nepo baby for Nico Hülkenberg is the best decision Haas has made

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s cool nico’s doing well but it’s not super fun watching max win by 20 seconds every week

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Well at least that was entertaining.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just dive the inside.

Max dives the inside, gets to break for free, forces the other driver to go around.

All these drivers need to loving to is dive the inside and bing bang bbong gain the position so simple.

Took the move right out of Rosberg's playbook, even down to the exact corner.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s cool nico’s doing well but it’s not super fun watching max win by 20 seconds every week

Welcome to F1, at least he didn't lap the field like was common only a few years ago

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Glad none of the close racing ended in a safety car cause those are killers on these sprint races.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Witeldram posted:

Axing the nepo baby for Nico Hülkenberg is the best decision Haas has made

The nepo baby finished P6 in the actual race last year

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Simplex posted:

The nepo baby finished P6 in the actual race last year

Yes, but Hulkenberg is nailed on to finish P12 in all the remaining grands prix. His standard of aggressive mediocrity is unparalleled.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Netflix DTS fans are SO back with this epic drama of some meaningless move between the red bull drivers. so much EPIC drama this year its not boring at all

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Hulkenberg has to be the worst on the grid when it comes to qualifying performance versus race performance and it's pretty notable.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Simplex posted:

Hulkenberg has to be the worst on the grid when it comes to qualifying performance versus race performance and it's pretty notable.

I think it was Mark Hughes who pointed out years ago that whatever car Hulkenberg hops into seems to magically develop a tire consumption problem. He's trash.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lmao at Alonso doing everything he could to not pass stroll

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Simplex posted:

Charles’ pole to p1 ratio is special too

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1briefings/news/f1-news-insider-reports-nyck-de-vries-replacement-at-alphatauri-lm22

quote:

“He really is driving to survive. All the bosses will say about this… the rumour that has come out of the Dutch press that Nyck has been told that he’s got the next four races on circuits he knows – here [Austria], Silverstone, Hungary, and Spa to really transform his season.

“Otherwise, he’s out, they’re going to put Liam Lawson in – that’s the rumour that’s coming from the Dutch press.

I am sure the Dutch press is as reliable as Max

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hearing the average finishing position for a Dutch driver is 10th

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Taxman posted:

Welcome to F1, at least he didn't lap the field like was common only a few years ago

yeah about that the race will probably be 70+ laps and it's like a minute and change around the circuit these days

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Thanks Ants posted:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hulk is... Significantly better than KMag.

I've been really impressed by him.

Also, just ignore who wins the race and focus on the rest of it. There's still some great battling there, who cares if the frog wins by 20 seconds every race.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It's at times confusing to me because when you say frog I think of one of the frogs driving for the frog team run by frogs and yet there's a driver who, despite not being a frog, is more frog than the frogs themselves

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That one's a tadpole OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Hulk is... Significantly better than KMag.

I've been really impressed by him.

Also, just ignore who wins the race and focus on the rest of it. There's still some great battling there, who cares if the frog wins by 20 seconds every race.

Hulk is a better qualifier but he's absolutely not better at the actual racing part lol