Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Fischl's great. She's not quite on the level of "so good Hoyo doesn't even dare make 5-star upgrades" 4-stars like Bennett / Xingqiu / Xiangling, but she's not far behind. She does good off-field damage herself and she also generates tons of energy for teammates, especially other electro characters.

Also archers in general are useful for world puzzles, so the more archer + element combinations you have, the better.

they did make a 5 star xingqiu, her name is yelan and she did nothing to stem the tide of "xingqiu is in every team ever conceived"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

UHD posted:

they did make a 5 star xingqiu, her name is yelan and she did nothing to stem the tide of "xingqiu is in every team ever conceived"

yeah and she's a sidegrade at best! great for her mobility skill but less uptime on the ult, a longer internal cooldown, and no interrupt resistance

e: possibly she gets better if you're a mega-whale and can actually get 5-star constellations, but lol

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

UHD posted:

Two cakes.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Fischl's great. She's not quite on the level of "so good Hoyo doesn't even dare make 5-star upgrades" 4-stars like Bennett / Xingqiu / Xiangling, but she's not far behind. She does good off-field damage herself and she also generates tons of energy for teammates, especially other electro characters.

Also archers in general are useful for world puzzles, so the more archer + element combinations you have, the better.

Diona waits patiently in my roster, knowing in two years when 6.0 releases, her time will come.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah and she's a sidegrade at best! great for her mobility skill but less uptime on the ult, a longer internal cooldown, and no interrupt resistance

e: possibly she gets better if you're a mega-whale and can actually get 5-star constellations, but lol

And in this game, side-grades, particularly for hydro, is great because Spiral Abyss is a thing.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Yelan does more damage and her Travel Utility is fun, but yeah Xingqiu is still everywhere. Almost worse many teams just use both since they are Complimentary skillsets.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So there's more competition for my glitter than I thought. I'll wait til the end of the month before pulling the trigger on Fischl, maybe I'll luck into one from pulls and cut my list down. Thanks.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Reformat posted:

And in this game, side-grades, particularly for hydro, is great because Spiral Abyss is a thing.

Oh yeah, getting Yelan and Nahida has been an absolute boon to my Abyss runs. I know this isn't a big deal to some, but finally being able to 9-star Floor 10 has been a huge monkey off my back; my PS4 slows to a crawl on 10-3-2, and finally having the right team to shut those Cicin Mages down before they flood my screen with purple feels so good.

Now that Fontaine is at hand I'm really curious to see how the Hydro Archon turns out. Gonna be really hard to do better than Xingqiu/Yelan.

Who's the consensus third best Hydro? Kokomi, then maybe Ayato/Nilou?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Nilou is incredibly niche but her niche is incredibly good. If not her then yeah, probably Kokomi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bagrada posted:

How's Fischl for a new account? I've got enough glitter for one shop 4* and don't intend to pull enough to afford another anytime soon. I might restock in time for Bennett in November if I'm still playing, I assume he's #1 if I don't have him yet. I don't have either of September's and I like Ningguang though I'm just starting the Liyue story. The other is Xingqui, don't know much about him yet. Don't have Razor for October, I have his sidequest with the wolves started but so far he just seems okay. I've got all the rest and would rather get a new character than a constellation for now. So I guess Fischl, Ningguang, Xingqui, Razor or save it all for Bennett and Bennett constellations?

It is extremely fuzzy for me because it was years ago now but I don't think they signposted that Razor's quest has a weekly boss hidden behind it, so remember to finish that one someday rather than put it off and forget it.

As far as Paimon's Bargains for characters, I invite everyone to correct me but for early accounts I'd rank them:

Bennett (Very versatile, can be your main damage dealer, supporting healer just for burst or a hybrid of both. Also, he doesn't cast water on your characters which causes much less problems fighting ice enemies) Xingqiu (Very impressive support character, at C6 you could use him as a main damage dealer easily as well)

Fischl (A+ personality and functionality, like Xiangling works with physical or electro focus) Xiangling (Would be top of the list if you couldn't get a free one doing a few levels of the Abyss, extremely powerful, can't build her wrong, give her any spear and she can make it work)

Beidou (Not a character I've used much, can't say much about her) & Noelle (Excellent healer, shielder, Damage character at C6 when her Defense adds onto her Attack. C1 makes her more consistent at healing) Razor (Solid starter character, only really struggles against enemies with physical resistance)

Ningguang (Controversial. Really wants C1 to feel better to play in general)

Barbara Kaeya Lisa Amber (All free characters, I'd wait to get them until you have at least one of the others personally, just from my perspective but if you want an extra constellation immediately, that's fine too.)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

RareAcumen posted:

It is extremely fuzzy for me because it was years ago now but I don't think they signposted that Razor's quest has a weekly boss hidden behind it, so remember to finish that one someday rather than put it off and forget it.

Good point, I was guessing at that because I'm trying to get a sword for Noelle and the wind dragon keeps giving me bows, so I noticed there was a wolf themed boss mentioned as a source as well. Thanks for the overview.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bagrada posted:

Good point, I was guessing at that because I'm trying to get a sword for Noelle and the wind dragon keeps giving me bows, so I noticed there was a wolf themed boss mentioned as a source as well. Thanks for the overview.

Yeah I'm not gonna tell you not to keep working at it but it gets easier as you keep progressing the story and unlock other bosses that drop that stuff so you can roll the dice on it more times a week.

Also, aside from the wind dragon and the wolf, you can just invite people into your world via the 'Match' option that usually shows up on artifact and talent domains. Be sure to take advantage of that whenever you're having trouble with one, sometimes you find one where your characters aren't suited to fighting that element.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Love that their respective girlfriend is in the background chatting while they're throwing down. Sad we're probably not going to see Dunyarzhad again after we leave Sumeru.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

who gave the traveler booze

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I'm glad Traveller finally got to drink booze.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

collei and amber watching from above :3:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RareAcumen posted:

Barbara Kaeya Lisa Amber (All free characters, I'd wait to get them until you have at least one of the others personally, just from my perspective but if you want an extra constellation immediately, that's fine too.)
These characters aren't going to appear on a banner, so unless you want to play the lottery on the standard banner, this is the only way to get their constellations in a reasonable amount of time. That said, none of these are particularly powerful even at C6, so don't feel compelled to do this unless you're a completionist (read: whale).

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

UHD posted:

who gave the traveler booze

Venti, he's been trying to get Traveler drunk for ages now (also he's chugging a bottle of wine behind Collei and Amber)

Danakir posted:

Love that their respective girlfriend is in the background chatting while they're throwing down. Sad we're probably not going to see Dunyarzhad again after we leave Sumeru.

I'm still hoping that we see a glow-up for Dunyarzhad, Rana, and Jeht, but I'm not counting on it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Excelzior posted:

collei and amber watching from above :3:

Why is Collei a giant

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Honkhonk Star Rail code for whoever claims it first, just quote the post so others know it's been taken

FANUPXDUGYP3

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tampa Bae posted:

Honkhonk Star Rail code for whoever claims it first, just quote the post so others know it's been taken

FANUPXDUGYP3

Thanks!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Amusement, but no surprise that the fishing rods are designed so that by the time you obtain one, you have already purchased everything else that you would possibly want to buy from its seller, and caught everything you would need to purchase those items.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The really stupid part about the rods is there was a fishing event in 2.0 that gave a rod thats like the regional rods but it works in every region. Kind of undermining a long-term mechanic the same patch it released in.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
fishing is one of those mechanics you wish was only in limited time events, rather than a permanent feature

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tree Reformat posted:

fishing is one of those mechanics you wish was only in limited time events, rather than a permanent feature
It kind of is tbh. Each region release has a fishing grind then never again.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I think the fishing is totally fine but I haven't even gotten close to the point in the game where I'm caught up with everything else considering the insane amount of content in the game. It feels way more overwhelming than WoW is sometimes

maybe because after the daily grind of things to do I already feel like I've put enough time into the game and my brain just isn't wired to genshin the same it is to WoW yet

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Tree Reformat posted:

This is like the only game which comes to my mind where I'm not a fan of the fishing mini game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like how thoma is the only character whose passive doubles fishing results sometimes, but only in inazuma. Mercifully, he doesn’t have to be in your group.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
How much EM is enough for Kazuha? :toot:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Looks like I won't get Kazuha, but I finally pulled my first Yaoyao on the last day of the banner.

I don't want another Klee and I'm not sure if I'd want to pull for Eula, so I might end up saving some gems for a while.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We will not see a Eula banner for 5 years, pull her now before it's too late

Yes they don't want to do anything with physical damage beyond plunging attacks but still, either get her now or wait 19 patch updates for your next chance.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I get that? But I already have a Cryo Claymore character that I'm not using in Chongyun, and I'm out of quests so I can only count on getting a pity 5* every couple of banners, and when I did Eula's story quest she was insufferable.

Also hit a point this weekend that I'd been dreading -- I used up my stash of weapon exp mats to the point where I have to go farming Crystal Shards again. Granted, it's a lot easier now than in the old days because the Chasm exists, but still. This will be a test of my faith.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
My main team comp is Ganyu melt with Zhongli, Bennett and Xiangling. I realized that I may need to move Zhongli to the second team I’m building- Hu Tao with Yelan and Xingqiu.

What would be a good replacement for Zhongli in the Ganyu team then? Diona? Or some better replacement maybe for Zhongli in Hu Tao team?

kaaj fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 3, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

kaaj posted:

My main team comp is Ganyu melt with Zhongli, Bennett and Xiangling. I realized that I may need to move Zhongli to the second team I’m building- Hu Tao with Yelan and Xingqiu.

What would be a good replacement for Zhongli in the Ganyu team then? Diona?

or layla

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

UHD posted:

or layla

Just checked and I don’t have Layla. These are the chars I have.

https://ibb.co/DRp6379
https://ibb.co/52RNbnF
https://ibb.co/frXDpnM

(sorry, should have added the links with the original post.)

kaaj fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 3, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RareAcumen posted:

We will not see a Eula banner for 5 years, pull her now before it's too late

Yes they don't want to do anything with physical damage beyond plunging attacks but still, either get her now or wait 19 patch updates for your next chance.

I can't believe I'm going to roll on two of the worst banners of all time. :negative:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

kaaj posted:

Just checked and I don’t have Layla. These are the chars I have.

https://ibb.co/DRp6379
https://ibb.co/52RNbnF
https://ibb.co/frXDpnM

(sorry, should have added the links with the original post.)

diona or qiqi then. the cryo resonance is nice and either choice will keep your team alive.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SbgmM3mSps

Uh, I don't care about the hat guy anymore actually. I'm over him, saving for other characters now.

Hopefully there's no surprise Signora moment lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MoonCrab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SbgmM3mSps

Uh, I don't care about the hat guy anymore actually. I'm over him, saving for other characters now.

Hopefully there's no surprise Signora moment lol

How it feels being an Arlecchino fangirl

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Hope the new Wanderer they showed pairs well with Wanderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Extremely disappointed that the French characters don't have suitably outrageous accents. The English dub flubs it again!