Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bizwank posted:

I use the Costco app instead of always having to remember to have my card with me. It's far easier to pull my phone out then fish in my backpack for the card anyway.

On most of my visits I buy just a few things and throw them in my backpack, and the receipt checkers barely even glance at me as I walk right past them and out the door. Nothing in my hands = no need to check a receipt I guess.

This is illegal. You are a criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DamnitGannet posted:

honestly between this and giving me poo poo for saying i felt disturbed and unsafe working next to someone who says disturbing things to me on purpose just to upset me, i'm tempted to shoot a line to corporate about her. unfortunately shes been in this position for 32 years so i imagine she's more practiced in maneuvering her way around the corporate world than i am. i also worry about it coming back to me. she said she can't retaliate against me, but she also stressed that i can't trust anyone in the warehouse so idk.

Tell corporate that you feel like your workplace has become threatening. "Threatening workplace" is like slapping a big red HR panic button, have fun!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

DamnitGannet posted:

but she also stressed that i can't trust anyone in the warehouse so idk.

She's been there 30 some years because she runs her little fiefdom through fear. Push up to corporate and blow that poo poo up.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

yeah im sure if you report it will work out for you nothing to loose trust the system

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Duck_King posted:

I've been feeding my cat Maintenance Cat for awhile now and it has done a good job of maintaining my cat

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Some Costco employee was trying to give away free slices of pizza at the registers today. Only saw one kid take him up on it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Some Costco employee was trying to give away free slices of pizza at the registers today. Only saw one kid take him up on it.

Kid was smart not to refuse communion

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hello, dear readers, and welcome to today's episode of Adventures in poo poo That Never, Ever, Would've Happened To Me Pre-Transition. I'm your host, a bemused LividLiquid.

I was at Costco buying proteins to stock my freezer two weeks ago when I found a package of pork belly cuts of which I quite liked the look. A rather attractive set that carried little risk of inflicting upon myself and my dining partners the dreaded Cap'n Crunch's Oops! All Pork Fat bite of your taco.

As I was checking the packaging for dairy (I'm allergic and you wouldn't believe where they sneak that poo poo), the man next to me, frustrated at the rest of the offerings on display, shrugged, turned to me, and grabbed it out of my hand, proclaiming, "I want this one."

As he sauntered off just pleased as punch with his "find," I stood, mouth agape, wondering what could've possessed him to do such a thing. I wasn't just looking at it. It was in my hand. I had wrested it from its chilly confines and planted my flag, claiming it for Livid's House of Dog Hair and Bad Ideas in the great nation of Liquidia.

Then I looked down, saw a meager pair of boobs that still occasionally surprise me with their presence, and no further questioning was necessary.

I looked to and fro when my perplexedness (it's a word! Shut up!) subsided, seeking the validation of the Woman Nod from an onlooker. That sweet, blessed, wordless "yes, I saw it, it was messed up, and you're not imagining this."

But there were no onlookers to be found. And much the same as my mammary-induced prior remembrance, I called to mind that men like this are usually only emboldened to perform these acts of abject bullshittery when they can go unobserved.

Character is what we do when nobody is watching. This man — whom I will remember for the rest of my life every time I enter a Costco or eat a dish made from such, as The Pork Belly Bandit — has shown his.

Beware ye, The Pork Belly Bandit. Some say in the quieted halls of long-abandoned membership warehouses, he stalks the aisles to this very day, seeking hapless middle-aged women from whom he can wrest ill-gotten sow.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

Hello, dear readers, and welcome to today's episode of Adventures in poo poo That Never, Ever, Would've Happened To Me Pre-Transition. I'm your host, a bemused LividLiquid.

I was at Costco buying proteins to stock my freezer two weeks ago when I found a package of pork belly cuts of which I quite liked the look. A rather attractive set that carried little risk of inflicting upon myself and my dining partners the dreaded Cap'n Crunch's Oops! All Pork Fat bite of your taco.

As I was checking the packaging for dairy (I'm allergic and you wouldn't believe where they sneak that poo poo), the man next to me, frustrated at the rest of the offerings on display, shrugged, turned to me, and grabbed it out of my hand, proclaiming, "I want this one."

As he sauntered off just pleased as punch with his "find," I stood, mouth agape, wondering what could've possessed him to do such a thing. I wasn't just looking at it. It was in my hand. I had wrested it from its chilly confines and planted my flag, claiming it for Livid's House of Dog Hair and Bad Ideas in the great nation of Liquidia.

Then I looked down, saw a meager pair of boobs that still occasionally surprise me with their presence, and no further questioning was necessary.

I looked to and fro when my perplexedness (it's a word! Shut up!) subsided, seeking the validation of the Woman Nod from an onlooker. That sweet, blessed, wordless "yes, I saw it, it was messed up, and you're not imagining this."

But there were no onlookers to be found. And much the same as my mammary-induced prior remembrance, I called to mind that men like this are usually only emboldened to perform these acts of abject bullshittery when they can go unobserved.

Character is what we do when nobody is watching. This man — whom I will remember for the rest of my life every time I enter a Costco or eat a dish made from such, as The Pork Belly Bandit — has shown his.

Beware ye, The Pork Belly Bandit. Some say in the quieted halls of long-abandoned membership warehouses, he stalks the aisles to this very day, seeking hapless middle-aged women from whom he can wrest ill-gotten sow.

That is just bonkers. I mean, I don't doubt it, but it's just mind-boggling that assholes like that are roaming around free-range. I figure that I don't see a lot of that kind of thing happen for exactly the reason you state - these cowards won't pull poo poo like that if they are being watched, and my presence makes them behave.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just so you know, I bought a 4 pack of pepper spray at Costco a few months back.

Pork belly bandits do not like pepper spray.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just so you know, I bought a 4 pack of pepper spray at Costco a few months back.

Pork belly bandits do not like pepper spray.
I had my stun gun with me, but he was out of sight before I even knew what the gently caress had just happened. Not that I'd stun somebody over a package of pork belly.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That is just bonkers. I mean, I don't doubt it, but it's just mind-boggling that assholes like that are roaming around free-range. I figure that I don't see a lot of that kind of thing happen for exactly the reason you state - these cowards won't pull poo poo like that if they are being watched, and my presence makes them behave.
What really gets me is that he did it, like, politely. He didn't have that sour puss typical of mediocre men who gently caress with me. He was smiling and acted like it was the most normal thing in the world. Like I was holding it specifically for him and he was doing me a favor taking it off my hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x10e6XjdbHg

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

LividLiquid posted:

:wtc:

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

LividLiquid posted:

Not that I'd stun somebody over a package of pork belly.

i would have done it simply because of the audacity. and I bet he'd never try that kind of poo poo again.

also I'm sorry that loving loser did that poo poo to you.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

these lil fellas right here are pretty good

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Made it to Costco for the first time in a while.
Was very glad to see the onion crank was still there and they brought back the relish that I don't think I've seen in ages

No mustard tho

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

The Kirkland seaweed snacks are pretty good, but not as good as whatever brand I bought at h mart a few months ago. But the price can’t be beat.

Thanks for reading

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Highly recommend the pretzel nuggets pack especially if you have an air fryer. The mustard is fine but not spicy enough and the cheese is good.

The green hatch chili queso is also good, even cold.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Lexington KY church finally has Jongga kimchi!!!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wtf that's my church and I was there two hours ago and didn't see it

E: You're welcome

Soul Dentist posted:

In other news:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

:ibadpop:

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

It’s over in the small refrigerated aisles where they keep cheese and such. Looks like I was the second person to grab it from the fresh case. It’s so good!

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Is the month/year on the back of your Costco card the expiration date of your membership?

I thought I purchased a membership, but the date says 5/23 (the month I went in and bought prescription glasses) and now when I try to add my Costco number in the app it says my membership expired.

E: it says "cancelled," not expired.

LiterallyATomato fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 3, 2023

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i got some fish at costco and it smelled real bad. So I brought it back to the store, smelling real bad, and they were like "thank you but you did not have to bring this stinky rear end fish back to the store. Next time we will just give you a refund if you tell us"

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Went to a Costco in Canada during my vacation and now I'm mad that our food courts don't have chicken fingers and fries. I understand not having poutine but being able to shop and eat my tendies at the same time was a real game-changer.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Got a rotisserie chicken, bigass bag of carrots and a thing of rotini pasta from Costco.

Ate some of the chicken for dinner, then tossed the rest in a pot, boiled it, let it cool and put on latex gloves, stick my hands in there and pick all the bones out, toss in the carrots and rotini and reboil for a huge pot of soup. Gave just the cartilage bits to the dog. Not a scrap wasted.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i got some fish at costco and it smelled real bad. So I brought it back to the store, smelling real bad, and they were like "thank you but you did not have to bring this stinky rear end fish back to the store. Next time we will just give you a refund if you tell us"

They gave me poo poo once when I didn't bring in some rotten apples, so they will forever get rotten food from me.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I've never seen this at my Costco before, but I just may not have noticed? It was in the freezer section. Dunno if that's a good price or not but it's too expensive for me to try, though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've seen it at mine. Not only do I not want to spend that kind of money on that little amount of meat, the color seemed a little too grey in person. It gave the impression that it was frozen for a very long time.

I'm sure there was nothing wrong with it, and lord knows I've eaten steaks out of my freezer that's been frozen for a full year, but something in my gut was just screaming that it was super not worth it.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

The color didn't bother me too much, I figured it was maybe just because it was frozen? But if I was going to spend $100/lb on Wagyu I would also prefer to not have it frozen.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

heavy liquid posted:

I've never seen this at my Costco before, but I just may not have noticed? It was in the freezer section. Dunno if that's a good price or not but it's too expensive for me to try, though.

It's a very good price for genuine A5 Japanese Wagyu. I wouldn't have any concerns about it being frozen. I would wager that most A5 from Japan is frozen at some point. It comes around from time to time, usually around the holidays.

If you love steak everyone should have the opportunity to try A5 at least once. It's something to experience. You don't really sit down and just eat this like you would a normal steak. It's way to rich for that. This is something special you get when hosting some friends or family, and everyone gets to try a couple ounces of it. Cook it medium rare and it'll just melt in your mouth. It's different than even a prime grade american steak.

I've never bought this from Costco as it's too much for me to enjoy, and I don't host family around the holidays. I've been fortunate enough to have A5 a couple times at some nicer restaurants and it's a special treat. It's a little weird when they give you a certificate of authenticity with the cow's name or serial number on it though.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
wagyu is fuckin dank. I don't eat meat anymore, but when I did, I had amazing wagyu sashimi from the morimoto restaurant in Las Vegas. truly incredible.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The food court mango smoothie looks and tastes like baby food :barf:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
portioning for a5 should be like bacon, not like steak

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

A half pound in a wagyu, lettuce, tomato sandwich?

Don't forget lots of mayo.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

More like 5-6 small strips that you put on top of rice like nigiri. You're basically eating meat-flavored jelly. It's extremely rich.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Honestly waygu is one of those things I'll let someone else cook. I pretty much never gently caress up cooking my normal steaks, but I've never done something that high fat and I'd feel like poo poo if I over did it.

It's not something you're going to be buying often, just get it at a nice restaurant if you want to try it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theres a butcher store/burger spot near me called Swagyu and i loving hate that name and will never go there

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what a horrible day to be literate

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Cyrano4747 posted:

Honestly waygu is one of those things I'll let someone else cook. I pretty much never gently caress up cooking my normal steaks, but I've never done something that high fat and I'd feel like poo poo if I over did it.

It's not something you're going to be buying often, just get it at a nice restaurant if you want to try it.

just eat it raw. that way you know for sure you didn't gently caress up the cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

ist fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 4, 2023