Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arc Hammer posted:

Marida is the superior Ple imo

If there was one thing you should have taken away from ZZ, it's that the impulse to find a "superior Ple" isn't good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

If there was one thing you should have taken away from ZZ, it's that the impulse to find a "superior Ple" isn't good

Nah my takeaway from ZZ is that I think Ple and the Clones aren't as well developed as they could have been and I personally didn't really find them all that compelling. Ple 2 being mainly just "evil Ple" and part of Glemy's faction didn't really make much of an impact on me. Meanwhile Marida is one of my favourite characters in the entire franchise.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 30, 2023

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Elpeo Ple was my favorite character in ZZ. A child soldier who’s initially bratty and meets someone like her, Judau, and has friction with understanding what it means to be family, but eventually they grow to love each other as a brother and sister? Love it, great stuff.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arc Hammer posted:

Nah my takeaway from ZZ is that I think Ple and the Clones aren't as well developed as they could have been and I personally didn't really find them all that compelling. Ple 2 being mainly just "evil Ple" and part of Glemy's faction didn't really make much of an impact on me. Meanwhile Marida is one of my favourite characters in the entire franchise.

You know who else kept going through Ples until he found one he liked?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

You know who else kept going through Ples until he found one he liked?

Glemy "Clone 'em all" Tomino?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They started with this to get to the Barzam. Teams of engineers spent millions of dollars iterating on this design until they got to the Barzam and were like, "perfect, print it"

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Gripweed posted:

They started with this to get to the Barzam. Teams of engineers spent millions of dollars iterating on this design until they got to the Barzam and were like, "perfect, print it"

And those teams of engineers nailed it :colbert:

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly, allowing for the major art style differences, that does make sense as a mid-point between the Mk.II and the Barzam.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1675259488155099137?t=8jXDxm59Cg0Mx1A2NL1u-w&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

New IGLOO?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

loving why

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/TrafalgarLog/status/1675294759009636352

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I like how they cited 08th MS Team as an inspiration while making a product that seems to be the exact opposite of it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just finish Hathaway jesus. Who asked for this?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gaius Marius posted:

It sounds like absolutely no one involved in Hathaway is involved with Requiem for Vengeance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Probably a rather different skillset is required to work with Unreal Engine as opposed to hathaway's style.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Arc Hammer posted:

Probably a rather different skillset is required to work with Unreal Engine as opposed to hathaway's style.

It also looks like a largely western creative leadership.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It cost money, money better spent on other projects

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont disagree but the franchise ain't exactly hurting for cash so whatever, let them make a video game cutscene movie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaius Marius posted:

You mean the one already in production?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Hathaway is loving fantastic and was the best thing in the series for years until we got G Witch.

The idea of a TV version is loving hilariously dumb tho

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sunrise has thrown money at worst poo poo

like victory gundam

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

We don't need IGLOO whatever one we're on now. And the absolute last thing we need is yet more Zeon apologia.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wish for more Gundam series with female protagonists. Monkey's paw curls and we fet a code fairy ONA announcement and we realize we're in the hell timeline.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 2, 2023

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Warmachine posted:

And the absolute last thing we need is yet more Zeon apologia.

ive said this once before in another thread, but that poo poo really is just Lost Cause for incels:lol:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Just rewatched chars counterattack. Tomino was such a legend

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Maybe. But doing in-engine work with the new Unreal is probably cheaper and certainly requires different specialized talents than the standard anime production. Show might suck, but if it gets Sunrise a better grip on producing game visuals and it makes some money, then it's probably spent as well there as anywhere from a business standpoint.

I prefer when experimentation also results in a good show, but there's only so many talented people who have ideas they want to go forward with for giant robot anime, so spending money to better understand the tools Bandai probably will be using in the future makes some sense

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
Why can’t Sunrise go milk Gryps or first Neo Zeon war or something? How many OYW side stories can there be?

Watch this have another secret souped up Gundam variant as the final boss for the brave Zeek heroe in this IGLOO 3.. Can’t have a GM be threatening, despite GM Sniper II matching or exceeding RX-78 on paper.

Sander fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 2, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1675421802569560065?t=gu7sndn5jLtTs_zRyTkpPg&s=19

Gundam SEED Freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKQmF134nEw

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 2, 2023

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
At least it seems like it's after the OYW ("eleven months after the revolutionary war"), which might make this one more of the more interesting One Year War spinoffs.

Probably not, but a girl can dream

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

It occurred right away to me that this probably will not be dubbed with the original Canadian cast, which is a crying shame.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

It occurred right away to me that this probably will not be dubbed with the original Canadian cast, which is a crying shame.

I've only heard snippets of the NYAV Post dub for the SEED Remaster. Is it any good?

The SEED Mecha look neat in 2023 animation but man of man I was never a fan of the character design for the show and it looks even weirder to me now. They're glass eyed mannequins.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hirai's character design is really hit or miss and modern coloring is really not kind to his style. his best work is probably on s-cry-ed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

chrome line posted:

At least it seems like it's after the OYW ("eleven months after the revolutionary war"), which might make this one more of the more interesting One Year War spinoffs.

Probably not, but a girl can dream

It's still 0079, so it takes place in November 11 months after it began.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

How did they somehow make the character designs even weirder and worse? Wild

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
sfreedom

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Weird rear end Lacus lips

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

chrome line posted:

At least it seems like it's after the OYW ("eleven months after the revolutionary war")

jesus christ that phrasing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

A real kick in the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Stairmaster posted:

Just rewatched chars counterattack. Tomino was such a legend

I also rewatched CCA after finishing ZZ on Friday. ZZ does not add anything to a rewatch, but a rewatch helps because so much happens so fast in CCA, you miss some minor details (like Char being a pedophile.)