Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Some get the joke and some don't.

https://twitter.com/Abbo32/status/1675221448690999296?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

smellmycheese posted:

The Nazi Headmistress getting thoroughly owned on Twitter and not having any idea how screen shots work is currently very funny

Imagine growing up in the catchment area of one of her schools.

They should make maps warning parents to move beforehand if they can.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

The Nazi Headmistress getting thoroughly owned on Twitter and not having any idea how screen shots work is currently very funny

https://twitter.com/miss_snuffy/status/1675607314974273536?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Edit. Lol

https://twitter.com/miss_snuffy/status/1675530260064993283?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

what a thick oval office lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

can you use “poor quality screen shot” your honour, as a valid defence in a court of law?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can try using "this is what I reasonably believed it said" but if you keep doubling down forever like Miss_Snuffy (and claiming people are racist for calling her Miss_Snuffy despite that being her twitter handle that she picked for herself) then you're probably just going to get told to sit back down.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Is she still an actual headteacher of an actual school? I can't imagine it's a good look for a school to have a headteacher as terminally online as she is.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Being able to see two of the most self-involved and least reflective people in the UK scrapping and making arses of themselves in real-time is probably the only thing I'll miss twitter for

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What's the full context of this? Why did it have to be pointed out that she's not Aslan?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

And if she's not Aslan then who is Aslan? Is it me?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Aslan tweet was about 5 years old and referred to the behaviour of Tory leadership hopefuls, it was a reasonable comment in context.

I am anti-jess and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The Perfect Element posted:

Is she still an actual headteacher of an actual school? I can't imagine it's a good look for a school to have a headteacher as terminally online as she is.

I don't think so anymore, but the school is still completely mental:

https://time.com/5232857/michaela-britains-strictest-school/

Also apparently there is only one? I thought there were more. Small mercies.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
The first line in The Magician's Nephew

quote:

Who is Aslan?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

For twelve years, you have been asking: who is Aslan?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Aslan? This is Aslan speaking. I am the lion who loves his life. I am the lion who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the lion who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the lion who will now tell you.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Do you live in a mountainous country, beyond the waves, where the water grows sweet? Are you a great bridge builder? Are you a friend to all the beavers, mice, and other talking woodland creatures?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've watched a few of her meltdowns, and she often accuses people of being racist when they challenge her ridiculous views and comments. Yesterday's meltdown was partly due to people criticising her for going to the NatC conference, with her screaming "is it because of my skin colour!?!?" when it was purely to do with a headteacher going to a fascist conference.

https://twitter.com/Miss_Snuffy/status/1675542322686095362

.... which is hilarious when she penned this: Head of Britain’s 'strictest school' says children are using the 'race card' when in trouble

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've never been called a beaver botherer at the very least.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Any UK goons have experience with the shitshow that is the railway booking system? I'm going up to London this Thurs and coming back Friday, booking the tickets via Trainline; I got an email saying that my return train is no longer running, but my ticket is valid for the next available train, subject to conditions. If that doesn't work, I can get a refund.

Check the ticket's T&Cs, and they say: no alternate trains. No refunds. Okay, so which is true? If I take the next train, is some rear end in a top hat ticket inspector going to say nope, can't do that, here's a fine?

Also, it's a ridiculous split-ticket system where my trip is broken into two each way for no goddamn reason, since I stay on the same train. WTF?

God, I miss the days when it was just "go to station, buy ticket, get on next train". :argh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Having recently looked at tickets for getting into and out of London to get to the South from the Midlands, the best train I found was a bus.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I missed this news from a couple of days ago

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1675235260987047937

:allears:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

It’s Jesus. I did an English A level once, you won’t fool me.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Surely there's only a limited number of places left for her to open up new pork markets?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Conservatives tackling global growth.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPepCVepCg

ASLAN! ASLAN! ASLAN!

wait maybe i should drop the metaphor

JESUS! JESUS!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

In addition to being a Jesus analogue, Aslan is also an Irish band. Probably won't play much now that their lead singer sadly passed away last month.
Had a couple of decent songs they did.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If I was liz truss id be so shamed I wouldn't leave my bed for a decade at least, so kudos to her for just powering on, total grindset.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

If I was liz truss id be so shamed I wouldn't leave my bed for a decade at least, so kudos to her for just powering on, total grindset.

If you were Liz Truss you'd be too stupid to feel shame. Can't insert the dril tweet because Musk doesn't pay his bills, but please imagine I did.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

truss was trained wrong, as a joke, so of course she’s going to continue being around because she has zero insight

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Jel Shaker posted:

truss was trained wrong, as a joke

:hmmyes:

quote:

She read philosophy, politics and economics (PPE) at Merton College, Oxford

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

In addition to being a Jesus analogue, Aslan is also an Irish band. Probably won't play much now that their lead singer sadly passed away last month.
Had a couple of decent songs they did.

Listen for the sound of a stone table breaking and he might rise again.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/RachelReevesMP/status/1675434079267831808

Will labour really win a lot of votes by helping btl landlords

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
According to a focus group of btl landlords, yes.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

According to a focus group of btl landlords, yes.

Ah the Labour front bench?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Backing up a predatory mortgage schemes with government guarantee, this has never caused any international financial collapses before.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

https://twitter.com/RachelReevesMP/status/1675434079267831808

Will labour really win a lot of votes by helping btl landlords

quote:

Marco Longhi, the Conservative MP for Dudley North, who has been a landlord for nearly 20 years, said: “What this does is unfortunately provide yet another signal that the Government appears to be anti-landlord.

He added: “The closer you push landlords to that point of no return, there will be no properties available to rent. Landlords will sell.”
sickos, haha, yes

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I go past a castle on my way to work and saw this little fella sitting there last night

:3:

On the way back this morning he was laying down near a door. The castle has it's very own Cath Castell.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Payndz posted:

Any UK goons have experience with the shitshow that is the railway booking system? I'm going up to London this Thurs and coming back Friday, booking the tickets via Trainline; I got an email saying that my return train is no longer running, but my ticket is valid for the next available train, subject to conditions. If that doesn't work, I can get a refund.

Check the ticket's T&Cs, and they say: no alternate trains. No refunds. Okay, so which is true? If I take the next train, is some rear end in a top hat ticket inspector going to say nope, can't do that, here's a fine?

Also, it's a ridiculous split-ticket system where my trip is broken into two each way for no goddamn reason, since I stay on the same train. WTF?

God, I miss the days when it was just "go to station, buy ticket, get on next train". :argh:

If you get a split ticket the train apparently has to actually stop at the split place not just pass through. Eg if it was a train from London to Manchester via Wolverhampton (no idea if that is a real journey!) and you had a split ticket L to W then W to M, if the train did not actually stop at W your ticket wouldn't be valid but if it did it would.
That said the last few train journeys I've made no-one has checked my ticket at all because there has been so much disruption on the trains (cancellations, breakdowns etc) no-one knows if the ticket is right or not.
On the other hand the Train Delay refund system works well! Got the entire cost of return portion from Brighton to Newport refunded in April (2h delay) and will be getting half of the return journey from North Wales in a week or so (40mins delay)
Print out the bit that says you can use the next available and carry it with you in case of bovver.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

WOKE novel has Jesus identified as a CAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

stonetable condemned