Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i just love the idea of an English guy going an expedition to America to find out why No One Wants To Work Anymore

journalist from the Economist going on a expedition to my house to sprinkle holy water on the sluggard WFHers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I have the impression apple had an internal fight about the goggles with years of rumors tamping down expectations

It's in contrast with meta and the metaverse where you can tell everyone was trying to get paid for as long as they could before zuckerberg realized it was poo poo

Same thing with the universe of consultants that are helping Saudi Arabia with NEOM

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Zodium posted:

you're replying to shrike

got me :(

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

shrike82 posted:

before zuckerberg realized it was poo poo

Has this even happened yet?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Zuck spent a lot of money buying out the names of a dozen other companies because it turns out Meta is a popular phrase to use in your business's name

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

came back from vacation to a post about appropriate Chat GPT usage at work

cool

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

i just love the idea of an English guy going an expedition to America to find out why No One Wants To Work Anymore

An English guy said the same thing about the Germans in the mid nineteenth century. Another one said the same about the Japanese a little later, I think. Rich English people go around the world naming layabouts of everyone who isn’t making them, personally, any money.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

sullat posted:

When I was in college there was a Polish guy who'd been there for 8 years. Rumor had it he was on some Polish academic scholarship that would pay him as long as it took. He was still there when I graduated.

👑

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nobody has ever wanted to work, ever, in all of history, because working loving sucks, and tech weirdos are aberrations and were the type of cavemen who would have been really into astrology and megaliths instead of sucking+loving between hunts. Like "if u aren't moving the big boulders after the sun goes down you'll never get anywhere in life" weirdos

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

work owns when you have control over what you do, how you do it, and who you do it for. maybe we could build a society based on that.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

Nobody has ever wanted to work, ever, in all of history, because working loving sucks, and tech weirdos are aberrations and were the type of cavemen who would have been really into astrology and megaliths instead of sucking+loving between hunts. Like "if u aren't moving the big boulders after the sun goes down you'll never get anywhere in life" weirdos

i want to work, i just don't want to be exploited or participate in exploiting others.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

work owns when you have control over what you do, how you do it, and who you do it for. maybe we could build a society based on that.

Working great for the Uber and friends slaves!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1675558789171298304

drat, poo poo really is spinning out, they're throwing every bit of pop culture future nonsense at the wall.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah I disagree with the notion that people in general don't like to work. It's definitely not universal, there are people who are genuinely content to "do nothing" all day - more power to them. But it is my experience, personally and from observations, that people want their work to be meaningful. And in order for it to have that meaning, they cannot be a completely alienated cog in a machine. It doesn't matter if they're making a medicine that saves people's lives or fake rubber dogshit, if they have been told over and over again that everything from their wages to their thoughts on how to make the process better are not something that Matter, they're gonna take that to heart and not give a poo poo about the work.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

car must go up

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

StratGoatCom posted:

drat, poo poo really is spinning out, they're throwing every bit of pop culture future nonsense at the wall.

thrust via wheel rotation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Full report at this link
https://twitter.com/ism/status/1675867738521346049?t=62M_cck25lCdhYLaCL811g&s=19

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

StratGoatCom posted:

now recruiting billionaires as test pilots, be a part of history today

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

now recruiting billionaires as test pilots, be a part of history today

I better start workshopping some morality fables about how many a rich man was lost to Denver John's locker

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the recession that started 2+ years ago is here

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

yeah I disagree with the notion that people in general don't like to work. It's definitely not universal, there are people who are genuinely content to "do nothing" all day - more power to them. But it is my experience, personally and from observations, that people want their work to be meaningful. And in order for it to have that meaning, they cannot be a completely alienated cog in a machine. It doesn't matter if they're making a medicine that saves people's lives or fake rubber dogshit, if they have been told over and over again that everything from their wages to their thoughts on how to make the process better are not something that Matter, they're gonna take that to heart and not give a poo poo about the work.

it was tolerable slightly when you could make a decent wage and live a good life with your earnings but lol

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the recession that started 2+ years ago is here

The premium consumer is healthy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

The premium consumer is healthy

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Imagine paying 6 figures for a loving Jeep lmfao.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
there's a guy who sits behind me at work who drives the giant truck jeep, I think it's called a Rubicon? and he has pictures of it all over his desk lol

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

:clint: Canyonero

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it looks like a hearse

Apr 7, 2003

there's a guy who sits behind me at work who drives the giant truck jeep, I think it's called a Rubicon? and he has pictures of it all over his desk lol

Apr 7, 2003

The premium consumer is healthy, and also coincidentally the only one that matters anymore

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's literally half my total mortgage lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Truly, it is crossing the Rubicon... :downsrim:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The Jeep Wrangler is the best selling plug-in hybrid vehicle in the country, by a mile.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-jeep-wrangler-4xe-was-americas-best-selling-plug-in-hybrid-in-2022

It goes less than half as far per kWh as pretty much any other EV, and gets less than 20mpg highway driven with gas.

Apr 7, 2003

You've got to hand it to FCA for figuring out how to sell 1980s technology at premium prices.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
and they buy a rubicon to drive on regular streets which it loving sucks rear end at doing, if you literally go rock crawling in the wilderness every weekend ok sure thats what its meant for

Apr 7, 2003

sorry, too expensive to take rock crawling, you may scratch it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
this poo poo is getting out of control

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
buying a $70k truck to drive back and forth to a desk job every day

also this is the same guy who said "there's more dignity in driving a go-kart than a smart car". I'm sorry, but this was a particularly aggressive case of carbrain. If we'd caught it sooner we may have mad more options, but I'm afraid there's nothing we can do but make him comfortable in a new 2024 Jeep Rubicon

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The first time I saw one of these was at the end of a desert jeep trail after a jeep club had finished a drive.

All the drivers of old fashioned jeeps with dents and diamond plate welded over the corners and upside down "if you can read this flip me over" bumper stickers were laughing and filling their tires back up to freeway pressure. The one guy with the brand new 4-door was just standing there mortified, staring at the spot where a shrub branch had put a scrape into his paint.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
my wife had always wanted a wrangler, one day I took her to test drive one, she noped out because it rides like poo poo in normal stop and go traffic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Twerk from Home posted:

The Jeep Wrangler is the best selling plug-in hybrid vehicle in the country, by a mile.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-jeep-wrangler-4xe-was-americas-best-selling-plug-in-hybrid-in-2022

It goes less than half as far per kWh as pretty much any other EV, and gets less than 20mpg highway driven with gas.

what the gently caress is even the point lmao