Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's called a Djinntendo and it grants your wishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Nintendo decided to skip the Switch 2 and go right to the Switch 3 instead.

The Nintendo Sധitch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should use one of the rejected Wii names

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

The Nintendo Sധitch

The Nintendo uwu

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

cum jabbar posted:

It's called a Djinntendo and it grants your wishes

It's called a Sintendo because it's where all the hentai games are now.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Can’t wait to play Haunted House on my Nintendo Aqua

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New Switch is fine with me. As long as all the New Switch games run on my current one. I don't need the 1080p docked output upgrade bad enough to buy a whole new Switch only a year or so after the OLED came out.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hatty posted:

some of these names go hard as hell. Nintendo RESORT. WAVE FAMICOM. Hyper Famicom. New Nintendo GameCube for a console that is yet again not a cube.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hrist posted:

New Switch is fine with me. As long as all the New Switch games run on my current one. I don't need the 1080p docked output upgrade bad enough to buy a whole new Switch only a year or so after the OLED came out.

Closer to 2 years. But they were fucky years so kinda hard to track.

I doubt they'll do that kind of compatability. I do hope that if they do it you can at least play regular switch games on it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Merkinman posted:

Hay guyz Nintendo totally going to announce switch 2 this month.

Something I did notice is that both the Lite and the OLED were announced in July (at least that's the upload date for their reveal trailers) two years after their predecessor, and it's now July two years after the OLED released. I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced soon.

hatty posted:

Gotta get me a Miracle Famicom.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

hatty posted:

They called the fifth famicom the one’s famicom

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.
Nintendo Swiitch

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The Svvitch

Would’st thou like the taste of pikmin?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Nintendo has given itself a high bar to clear with both Smash and Mario Kart on a Switch successor. The Switch versions of those games I basically consider definitive among all others in the series, they are so polished and smooth and glutted with content. MK8 especially is like, I don't need the Nintendo house style to look any better than this. I wonder if we're due for a "big ideas" MK entry like Double Dash.

Also I kind of buy that Odyssey 2 became the Bowser's Fury DLC and the next 3D Mario will be another new thing. Especially since Kirby also riffed on the transforming hero thing. I would love to see a 3D Mario at launch or something similarly singularly system-selling, I feel like it's been a while since there's been a launch title like that I've been geeked about, cross-platform Zeldas nonwithstanding.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Electromax posted:

Also I kind of buy that Odyssey 2 became the Bowser's Fury DLC

what?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Super Mario 3D World on the Switch port/re-release had a bonus called "Bowser's Fury" which was it's own (short) game that used the same base engine/controls/whatever but had a totally different structure. (Open world with little set piece objectives sprinkled across different islands)

It wasn't really a DLC, I guess. I also don't really feel like it was originally Odyssey 2 or something, unless it was like a prototype they built using the 3D World engine for some reason.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yes I know all that, I have it, I was just whatting at the insane idea that bowser's fury was the leftovers of Odyssey 2

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nintendo is crazy and unpredictable but also they will do whatever you, the person reading this post considers most obvious

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes I know all that, I have it, I was just whatting at the insane idea that bowser's fury was the leftovers of Odyssey 2

I don'tt know why I didn't parse it like that

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bowser's Fury was totally some repurposed Delfino Island DLC.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

And you're all fools if you dont see that

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Nintendo FAMILY COMMUNICATION

It’ll be a switch but with walkie talkie comms built into the joycons.

What if the joycon can send large amounts of data, so the new console is just upgraded joycons?

Whatever it is N has to gently caress it up. It’s video game law.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I mean TotK is basically some "repurposed BotW DLC" but that's both selling it short and clearly how a lot of sequels and spinoffs come to be

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Not literally the leftovers, more like "the development effort that would've otherwise done Odyssey 2 or DLC"

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’ll never know anything about Bowser’s Fury because I traded SM3dW and Super Mario Party in to get TotK for $25 at a midnight release party (which was 10pm for me), and I don’t regret it one little bit :smug:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I’ll never know anything about Bowser’s Fury because I traded SM3dW and Super Mario Party in to get TotK for $25 at a midnight release party (which was 10pm for me), and I don’t regret it one little bit :smug:

That doesn't sound like you got TotK for 25$, it sounds like you paid 25$ to give up two games for one game.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I'm a little irritated. I bought Sonic Origins Plus, and although I like the games on it, I didn't do much research and the game includes Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic CD... and then the other stuff is DLC, which the code is included but still. It makes it so that in order for my kids to play any of the game gear ones, I have to spend $10 on each of them to have it if they want it, which is kind of horseshit. I could see that if the game was $15 but it's not. Just wanted to caution people before they go dropping $40 on it expecting the whole family to be able to play.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

otter posted:

I'm a little irritated. I bought Sonic Origins Plus, and although I like the games on it, I didn't do much research and the game includes Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic CD... and then the other stuff is DLC, which the code is included but still. It makes it so that in order for my kids to play any of the game gear ones, I have to spend $10 on each of them to have it if they want it, which is kind of horseshit. I could see that if the game was $15 but it's not. Just wanted to caution people before they go dropping $40 on it expecting the whole family to be able to play.

i simply don't have a family. jealous?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the gamegear games are bad tbh. the exclusive one that isn't blast (either chaos or triple trouble) is decent but the others have objectively better master system versions

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

otter posted:

Nice humblebrag bitch. We get it, you’ve had sex.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
nintendo swink

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Motto posted:

the gamegear games are bad tbh. the exclusive one that isn't blast (either chaos or triple trouble) is decent but the others have objectively better master system versions

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Master System Sonic 1 is a lot of fun and maybe more well rounded than the other Sonic 1. Obviously that isn't the same for the sequels

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sonic 2 for game gear is the dark souls of Sonic games

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Didn't they change the music in Sonic 3 for that release? If so that's a hell no from me, brother

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Oxyclean posted:

That doesn't sound like you got TotK for 25$, it sounds like you paid 25$ to give up two games for one game.

Yeah OP got ripped off, considering the resale value of Switch games on the user market. You can easily get 75% of msrp if not higher.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Now with 18 buttons and duo gyro!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hello Darkness my old friend.

https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1676082161336881152?s=20

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

American McGay posted:

Nice humblebrag bitch. We get it, you’ve had sex.

all day er'ry day, yo.
But not today because we were at family camp and wifey is working on nursing school homework. Which means time for me to play sonic. it actually means i have to go do dishes and laundry, then take a shower cause it was 90 degrees out there.
You guys see this thing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1bzVyGGOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

48 Hour Boner posted:

Not sure if this is pronounced "Swahtch" or "Swortch"

Swahtch, though they're going to deny it after getting in trouble for selling Swatch Stickahs to decorate it