Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

this is patriotism

the other day my parents were watching some news thing that was extremely concerned that such anarchy could spread via the youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this is patriotism

the other day my parents were watching some news thing that was extremely concerned that such anarchy could spread via the youth

vanguardist parents ftw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

3 posted:

whoever made this somehow knows that delta means change in scientific notation and that is fascinating to me

probably an engineer

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

dubious fireworks branding is my favorite thing about the fourth of july. my number one that ive seen so far was one called the "Pissed Eagle" and i think it had both an eagle and osama bin laden on it

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Jabberlock posted:

Proposal: AIT can post recipes but only if he cooks the recipes himself and takes photos to show that he genuinely cares about the content of the recipes and not just posting them to get a rise out of people.

my only cmplaint aoubut the mods has been lack of mod challengse such as this one!!!! makes me so amd!!!!!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 09:31 on Jul 4, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 09:31 on Jul 4, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

what a loving baby. nut up and strap inn bitch

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

lol 2020 what an optimistic time

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

the jakkkobin film reviewer is really bad

https://jacobin.com/2023/01/avatar-sequel-james-cameron-colonialism-worthington-winslet

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there is absolutely zero emphasis on the scientific method practiced in america and that is mostly what is wrong with it

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Jabberlock posted:

Proposal: AIT can post recipes but only if he cooks the recipes himself and takes photos to show that he genuinely cares about the content of the recipes and not just posting them to get a rise out of people.

AIT toxx clause; they've got to cook and eat this crap or they're probed for d20 6hr probes. This toxx repeats with every new recipe post.

And if they complete the toxx you ask?
Idk, maybe a garbage rear end foodcomic gangtag to represent their continuous shame? And it gets more shiny the more toxx clauses they're able to facetank until that gets old as hell like their gimmick.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol that ait requested a week ban, requested it be annulled, then used his freedom to poo poo up another thread with recipes

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Actually movie reviews where the movie reviewer feels personally wronged by the movie are good.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i say swears online posted:

lol that ait requested a week ban, requested it be annulled, then used his freedom to poo poo up another thread with recipes

:sam:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

okay, it's funny again

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

hell yeah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

The Voice of Labor posted:

there is absolutely zero emphasis on the scientific method practiced in america and that is mostly what is wrong with it

it's getting at this point

Western science and traditional knowledge: Despite their variations, different forms of knowledge can learn from each other posted:

Western science favours analytical and reductionist methods as opposed to the more intuitive and holistic view often found in traditional knowledge. Western science is positivist and materialist in contrast to traditional knowledge, which is spiritual and does not make distinctions between empirical and sacred (Nakashima & Roué, 2002). Western science is objective and quantitative as opposed to traditional knowledge, which is mainly subjective and qualitative.

the Italian who wrote that well-cited article has a point, but the ideas have been co-opted into some pretty dumb anti-science rhetoric

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

gotta respect the hustle

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

post COVID posted:

it's getting at this point

the Italian who wrote that well-cited article has a point, but the ideas have been co-opted into some pretty dumb anti-science rhetoric

This is just washing over my extremely smooth brain, what's wrong with the scientific method?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

apatheticman posted:

They would just come up with some other bullshit to annoy.

The problem is the poster not the content.

i am vegan and 99% of what he is making in his web comic isnt something i can eat. maybe you can make them and let us know how it goes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

people srue are getting testy because they cant post the most viral tweets itt, why dont you post some content instead of complaining for a dozen posts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

lol

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Volcott posted:

This is just washing over my extremely smooth brain, what's wrong with the scientific method?

i don't get it either, when people say 'white people science is too objective' i get confused

there's also examples like Srinivasa Ramanujan whose life and work could argue that mathematics has truth independent of formalisms developed by whitey

but, there's lots of things i don't get

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

That explains a lot

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'd be tempted to make these just to show how terrible they are but I'd really feel bad about wasting the food.

There's no way that chicken is good lol

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Which admin's family is AnimeIsTrash holding hostage that keeps him from being permabanned?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

That explains a lot

What does it explain

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

most americans seem to eat enough meat to feed a third world family for weeks, why dont you all make the recipes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

he did not request a week off lol, an ik wrote that as a joke. user requested doesn't say which user after all.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

lobster shirt posted:

he did not request a week off lol, an ik wrote that as a joke. user requested doesn't say which user after all.

🖕

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

That explains a lot

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

What does it explain

bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/rednypolitics/status/1675956001651015682?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ