Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Quackles posted:

Had you destroyed more than one card?

(See also: Hela won't bring back more than's in the discard pile)

Shouldn't matter. PF is played on London, resurrects Human Torch in this case. London triggers and copies the PF with HT included to the next location. This is how every other card in the game like this works, but not Phoenix Force for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Opopanax posted:

Best use I can think of is Human Torch if he gets Killmongered
I played against a deck that went Torch into Carnage into Phoenix Force. And I beat it handily, because yes, that’s a very nice 100+ power card, what’s your plan for the other two lanes.

At least at first acquaintance, I can’t see any use for the Phoenix. Move and Destroy are very different archetypes that don’t mesh together, and you have to actively avoid using the strengths of either one, all in the service of an extremely brittle combo where your best case scenario is winning one lane.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 4, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Devo posted:

Shouldn't matter. PF is played on London, resurrects Human Torch in this case. London triggers and copies the PF with HT included to the next location. This is how every other card in the game like this works, but not Phoenix Force for some reason.

Oh, I see.

That sounds like a bug.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapnAndy posted:

I played against a deck that went Torch into Carnage into Phoenix Force. And I beat it handily, because yes, that’s a very nice 100+ power card, what’s your plan for the other two lanes.

At least at first acquaintance, I can’t see any use for the Phoenix. Move and Destroy are very different archetypes that don’t mesh together, and you have to actively avoid using the strengths of either one, all in the service of an extremely brittle combo where your best case scenario is winning one lane.

I’ve been trying it in a deck with Zola to handle that exact issue but I think the real problem is it’s not exactly a build around card.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

I just got my rear end handed to me by this: Torch, Carnage, Phoenix Force, Cloak, Hulkbuster, Taskmaster - they got lucky with both Sakaar and Strange Academy but T6 I was looking at this:

Edit: Maybe a good use case for Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Wishing I could go back in time and buy the hitmonkey season for all this move deck wankery but instead I'm struggling to keep my head over water against these HE decks. I've got him pinned so it's only a matter of time and luckily i FINALLY have Luke (only like 3 cards away from S3 complete) so I guess between Thor and Zero I'd probably get more out of Thor/Jane/Jaw/Hazmat (no thanos) but having Zero does enable big numbers from Maw/Sauron/mary/zabu/red skull shenanigans with Zola optionals. I'm leaning towards Zero for consistency, any hot takes?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Does reborn 2099 get to destroy twice? Since it's technically a new card

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Phoenix Force will bring back a card that was destroyed by Yondu and locations that destroy cards. I've been using it in my Orka deck more as a revive card to counter things that destroy my cards. Deck is not based around Phoenix Force, it's just a card that does its thing.

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Negasonic Teenage Warhead
# (4) Namor
# (4) Attuma
# (5) Klaw
# (5) Phoenix Force
# (6) Orka
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5hbW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOZWJ1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9ya2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktsYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkF0dHVtYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNsb2FrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcmVlbkdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlUGhvZW5peEZvcmNlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVnYXNvbmljVGVlbmFnZVdhcmhlYWQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah im having the most success with it in a move deck and killing multiple man, especially if you can put down iron fist on turn 4 as well

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
When are the new caches supposed to be a thing? I've been saving them because I thought it was changing today but now I'm starting to have an itchy trigger finger.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SweetJahasus posted:

When are the new caches supposed to be a thing? I've been saving them because I thought it was changing today but now I'm starting to have an itchy trigger finger.

One week.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

SweetJahasus posted:

Just wait. Chances are low, but maybe, just maybe, we can figure out which reserves are going to turn into caches and you can get the best of both systems.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I can’t work out if I’d rather hoard gold/tokens by opening caches notes or wait for the new system.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Multiple Man -> Deathlock or Venom + Iron Fist -> Phoenix Force -> Move + Ghost Spider or Heimdall feels pretty good.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

doingitwrong posted:

I can’t work out if I’d rather hoard gold/tokens by opening caches notes or wait for the new system.

Hoogland a streamer that does slot of economy analysis says to save for the new spotlight caches

It's probably a bit more nuanced than that though, since this will be the last time you can actually get tokens in bulk from the track.

That makes me wonder if it's best to open every 9 caches I have now, and skip the presumed 10th one in the hopes that they don't gently caress it up and they do retroactively turn to spotlight 🤔

I'll probably hold as this feels like a thing that will launch riddled with bugs.

Also my initial read after trying the Destroy/move decks is they suck. PF probably has a home albeit an underwhelming one in decks that want a second vision for redundancy. Why PF over captian marvel will probably be the main question in deck building.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 4, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

doingitwrong posted:

I've been opening them just because gold/tokens are gonna be worse to get later. Heck, my last cache was 400 tokens

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I kept opening until I could get my 6000 tokens to pick up Iron Lad, and now I'm saving up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

OTOH, I prefer it when the season pass cards aren't meta defining

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Always a pixel variant when I hit 60

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I had a nice surprise, got a mystery variant from a cache and a second variant from rank and neither of them were pixel! ..both were the kid/baby versions of characters, depending on how you feel about them, but it was Thanos and Captain Marvel so I'm pretty happy with those pulls.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I got Chibi Electro. Not terrible but I'm never going to play it. So I guess that's bad.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Does Nimrod count as having been destroyed for Phoenix Force? The stupidest thing I can think of is Phoenix Force on Nimrod and then moving him into Kingpin on turn 6.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Does Nimrod count as having been destroyed for Phoenix Force? The stupidest thing I can think of is Phoenix Force on Nimrod and then moving him into Kingpin on turn 6.

At that point why not just use ghost spider

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Cause with Ghost Spider you would miss out on the extra power from Phoenix Force, assuming it works that way.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
How are you planning on killing Nimrod on 4?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Devo posted:

How are you planning on killing Nimrod on 4?

Very carefully

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The enemy yondus him of course

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I'm just not going to stop playing Proving Grounds until I get just the right locations to make Nimrod Force a reality

Edit: pleased to report that Phoenix Force Kingpin does not kill himself when moving on turn 6

edit: pleased to report that Phoenix Force Squirrel still counts as having no abilities for the purpose of Washington DC.

CHaKKaWaKka fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 5, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The enemy yondus him of course

Bad news: If the enemy Yondus him, I believe it counts as their destroy, not yours.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This game is infuriating sometimes. I have "the" HE JaneJaw deck and about 40% of games my opening hand is every 5-6 cost in the deck. Then I don't have an opening play until turn 4, which is a Jubilee who predictably pulls Wasp from the deck because why the gently caress wouldn't she..

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Mystique is Jubilee's favorite target for me.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

This game is infuriating sometimes. I have "the" HE JaneJaw deck and about 40% of games my opening hand is every 5-6 cost in the deck. Then I don't have an opening play until turn 4, which is a Jubilee who predictably pulls Wasp from the deck because why the gently caress wouldn't she..

I swapped Jubilee for Wave because of this

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

New Leaf posted:

Then I don't have an opening play until turn 4, which is a Jubilee who predictably pulls Wasp from the deck because why the gently caress wouldn't she..

Well, yeah. All your 5 and 6 costs were in your hand.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

cirus posted:

I swapped Jubilee for Wave because of this

Yeah I have Wave too just for bounce decks. I don't want to use her too early, she's a T5 play. I guess I might be using a variant of the main deck but my point stands, it really does feel like 9 games out of 10 I start with Infininaut & Friends in my hand.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean half that deck is 5/6 cost, I'm not sure how it's supposed to even work. I guess you just keep throwing Wasp at Lockjaw and hoping for the best?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Pretty much. I run Wasp and Spider-Ham in mine, to give a bit more flexibility.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I have Wave too just for bounce decks. I don't want to use her too early, she's a T5 play. I guess I might be using a variant of the main deck but my point stands, it really does feel like 9 games out of 10 I start with Infininaut & Friends in my hand.

I rode this deck to Infinite last season except I use America instead of Infinaut for draw consistency and Spider Ham instead of Jubilee

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Quackles posted:

Bad news: If the enemy Yondus him, I believe it counts as their destroy, not yours.

It says it revives one of your destroyed cards. Yondu destroys one of my cards, just one that hasn't been played. Unless someone has evidence it don't work that way

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I mean normally I don't have a play until 3 but at least then I'm dropping either Lockjaw-Wasp or Thor.

cirus posted:

I rode this deck to Infinite last season except I use America instead of Infinaut for draw consistency and Spider Ham instead of Jubilee

I might make that change but I have such a rad Jubilee variant.. :( I had America for so long but someone here convinced me to make the Infininaut change. I couldn't get past 90 last season though so maybe that's all the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It says it revives one of your destroyed cards. Yondu destroys one of my cards, just one that hasn't been played. Unless someone has evidence it don't work that way

I can confirm if someone plays Yondu against you, PF can bring back the Yondu’d card.