Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I foresee a full cottage industry of goons offering to read tweets to other goons who do not have accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

endocriminologist posted:

They sbhhpuld make mastodon work like torrents

ipfs your time is now

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

LegoMan posted:

I foresee a full cottage industry of goons offering to read tweets to other goons who do not have accounts

you’d make more money making them to pay you to stop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LegoMan posted:

Already I've seen in multiple diff forums this exchange

Poster A: posts tweet
Poster B: what is this
Poster A: oh ok. *Posts a summary with an original thought or two included*

It's incredible. Nature is healing

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

anime was right posted:

this would be fine except we are experiencing more frequent and more rapidly unfolding crises and honestly twitter was really good for finding out if you were about to literally die in a fire

Actually, things are fine. Stop exaggerating! It's unhealthy and it spreads misinformation.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lets go back in time a bit

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
and the classic

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
can we go back to using ICQ already

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
God the poo poo aol would be pulling today if people still used aim

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sir Tonk posted:

can we go back to using ICQ already

irc or nothing

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Sir Tonk posted:

and the classic

Did we ever find out what his "coup de grace" was? Can't remember if this was when he was trying to humiliate a disabled employee or if he thought he was going to push a button to delete all bots or something

Edit - Apparently this was in December when he suspended a bunch of journalists and is still unclear

Knight has issued a correction as of 16:26 on Jul 4, 2023

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

zetamind2000 posted:

irc or nothing

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sir Tonk posted:

lets go back in time a bit

A fake gun, a lovely dueling pistol and empty cans of caffeine free Diet Coke. Man, I am owned and triggered.

Thing that offends me about the wealthy more than anything else is how chinzy and stupid all the stuff that they buy with their dragon hoard is. So in that way I guess I am sort of triggered and owned.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
return to the golden age of IRC and usenet.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

In Training posted:

*Posts a summary with an original thought or two included*
wtf is this poo poo I've never heard of it

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1676200580245516294?s=20

they just want to be wherever they aren't invited so they can ruin poo poo for everyone else

they have like half a dozen right-wing crank twitters of their own where they can do unlimited slurs but if they aren't making other people miserable while they do it it's pointless

oh poo poo someone forgot to seal up the personality disorder portal

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Zeroisanumber posted:

A fake gun, a lovely dueling pistol and empty cans of caffeine free Diet Coke. Man, I am owned and triggered.

Thing that offends me about the wealthy more than anything else is how chinzy and stupid all the stuff that they buy with their dragon hoard is. So in that way I guess I am sort of triggered and owned.

If I were ultra rich I would not spend all of my time online. Unfortunately Elon's hobbies are trying to be as funny as Dril and he just isn't.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

uber_stoat posted:

and where every website not hosted by some university department was some lone cobbled together “home page” or “zone” with a tiled background and a new color and font per line about like “neo-paganism, sanskrit, the matrix outfits, eye makeup tips, beanie babies, WARES, gallery” in a left navbar.

and a traffic counter at the bottom fashioned after an odometer.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

Rhesus Pieces slaps uber_stoat around a bit with a large trout

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

zetamind2000 posted:

web 2.0 collapsing all around something awful like it's the ending of fight club isn't how I saw 2023 going but I can't say I'm surprised

with your tweeting impaired / and your posts in the cloud

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RC Cola posted:

If I were ultra rich I would not spend all of my time online. Unfortunately Elon's hobbies are trying to be as funny as Dril and he just isn't.

If I were billions wealthy it'd be nothing but opium smoothies, EDM festivals, and working out with those $1000/session personal trainers who help Hugh Jackman get ripped to play Wolverine. And I would never be online.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

If I were billions wealthy it'd be nothing but opium smoothies, EDM festivals, and working out with those $1000/session personal trainers who help Hugh Jackman get ripped to play Wolverine. And I would never be online.

you would do none of these and would still be online

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Id do all of those but still be online (I like being online)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol the right wingers analyzing musks gun thinking it was some kind of futuristic tesla gun he made himself and it was a gun from deus ex

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Basic Poster posted:

and where every website not hosted by some university department was some lone cobbled together “home page” or “zone” with a tiled background and a new color and font per line about like “neo-paganism, sanskrit, the matrix outfits, eye makeup tips, beanie babies, WARES, gallery” in a left navbar.

and a traffic counter at the bottom fashioned after an odometer.

sign

my

book

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol the right wingers analyzing musks gun thinking it was some kind of futuristic tesla gun he made himself and it was a gun from deus ex

Anyone who's every picked up a gun in their lives should be able to instantly tell that that was a toy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the old timey gun is fake too.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Uhhh does this Elon nut rider know he banned Kanye?

I do have a running theory that Musk's "Hahaha Maybe Hitler rules actually 144 88 right kids?" probably had a hand in making West go bonkers.

Like Kanye looked at this poo poo and was like "Hitler DOES rule!" and Musk was like "Nooooo it was supposed to be a memeeeee!"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

E the Shaggy posted:

look at the date

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

E the Shaggy posted:

I do have a running theory that Musk's "Hahaha Maybe Hitler rules actually 144 88 right kids?" probably had a hand in making West go bonkers.

Like Kanye looked at this poo poo and was like "Hitler DOES rule!" and Musk was like "Nooooo it was supposed to be a memeeeee!"

mad?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

E the Shaggy posted:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

projecting much?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

I would buy the somethingawful forums

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

makes sense, rich people are generally very cool

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you're rich why wouldn't you just indulge your weird fantasies from when you were a kid? Where are the undersea cities or weirdo art collectives?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Grapplejack posted:

If you're rich why wouldn't you just indulge your weird fantasies from when you were a kid? Where are the undersea cities or weirdo art collectives?

I mean all of them trying to go to space is definitely a 5-year-old's idea of being an astronaut.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

one pursued his dreams and was imploded...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i have always dreamed of being physically disincorporated at the bottom of the sea and yet our unjust unequal socioeconomic system prevents me from making this dream a reality.