Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

Let's keep individual holidays on the 1st and 4th with the 2nd/3rd being a two day North America Festival

This is a great idea and if Biden wants my vote he better get Justin on the horn post haste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hope everyone has kept all their fingers this long and important holiday(s).

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

1) I called out of work for the latter half of Thursday for the burn clinic, and accidentally a whole day on Friday because I thought an MRI was going to take significantly longer than the half hour it took, and we've had yesterday AND today off, so I feel like I've basically been on the worst/least opportune vacation ever

2) it's almost noon, and it is absolutely stone grey and thundering outside so I wonder how the fireworks will be affected

edit: ooh, the lightning came close enough for me to see it! :haw: Just waiting for the rain now...

edit2: ah, there it is

5 1/2 days off doesnt sounds like a bad vacation imo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It is when you have to spend it with the scorched stump of your hand submerged in the bubbling nutrient dense waters of a regeneration bath

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

better than spending that time at work

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
I worked in my yard this weekend redoing some of the brick work and tried to get a tan and instead just burned my back. Thankfully doesn't feel too bad but the transition from the shade of milk to lobster red was swift.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Space Kablooey posted:

5 1/2 days off doesnt sounds like a bad vacation imo

It wasn't bad as much as it was non-good

Smugworth posted:

It is when you have to spend it with the scorched stump of your hand submerged in the bubbling nutrient dense waters of a regeneration bath

drat, a regeneration bath would have been pretty sweet

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gonna cop a glizzy today

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chinatown posted:

gonna cop a glizzy today

:patriot:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

HAPPY MOTHERFUCKING FOURTH OF JULY :patriot: :911:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Smugworth posted:

i wish i could sleep in the starship trooper bath nightly

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

gently caress YEAH AMERICA!! 👏

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

happy 4th of pooguy you freakin yanks

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Freedom isn't free

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Freedom Fries are not free.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nooner posted:

Freedom isn't free

:cheers:

i had steak tips marinating in red wine vinaigrette overnight, grilled before the rain came. thunder and rain supposed to stop by 8pm.

:911:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

numberoneposter posted:

Freedom Fries are not free.

sometimes you can get them free with like a coupon or as part of a value meal

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

Hope everyone has kept all their fingers this long and important holiday(s).

welcome back to the forums redshirt

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm going to go see Indiana Jones then watch fireworks when we get out

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

bagmonkey posted:

The nice part america is that we've democratized the lovely experience across EVERY broadband provider :)

I literally sent then an all caps tirade email to their support department

I pray to god that it gets passed around and as many of them see it as possible

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

be careful with your fingats everyone, when i did my pyrotechnic course i had to look at a bunch or gnarly fireworks injuries

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just heard my first firework of the week. Expected more with how much it's rained recently

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Still no fireworks here, and not even the usual random gunfire.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

AARD VARKMAN posted:

just heard my first firework of the week. Expected more with how much it's rained recently

Someone in my neighborhood has been lighting off loving mortar shells all week. Especially fun when I'm sitting out on my back patio late at night enjoying the silence and serenity

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
happy americamas gbs chat thread, here's some meat i cooked(first time grillin'!! I checked each and every piece with a meat thermometer to make sure it hit 180)

next up is some bone in and boneless ribs, some sausage, and then a tri tip

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

My sleepy rear end managed to beat the clock on my butcher and copped a couple little numbers of the grass fed delmonico variety

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

teemolover42069 posted:

happy americamas gbs chat thread, here's some meat i cooked(first time grillin'!! I checked each and every piece with a meat thermometer to make sure it hit 180)

next up is some bone in and boneless ribs, some sausage, and then a tri tip

hell yeah, america! :patriot:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

stopped by the deli, got a tofu herb and garlic sub for dinner

extra olives

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Informal poll. If you order wings and get these, how many of these would you accept as an exchange rate for a normal fuckin sized hot wing? 3:1? 5:1? Would any amount of these satisfy? I ordered 10 but got like 15 of these.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Cousin Todd posted:

Informal poll. If you order wings and get these, how many of these would you accept as an exchange rate for a normal fuckin sized hot wing? 3:1? 5:1? Would any amount of these satisfy? I ordered 10 but got like 15 of these.

Is there any actual meat or are they just all terrible? I appreciate the effort of giving 15 but that don't mean poo poo if they aren't worth anything.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

yeah you've been done there mate, hardly any meat on those it looks like

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

teemolover42069 posted:

Is there any actual meat or are they just all terrible? I appreciate the effort of giving 15 but that don't mean poo poo if they aren't worth anything.

There was meat, but it felt like I was eating at a child's hot wing teaparty holding them with two fingers. Not a lot of meat mind you. They almost look like normal wings if not for having something for scale.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cousin Todd posted:

Those are just skin and bone, sad mournful wings.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'd be pretty pissed if someone charged me money for that poo poo

Looking forward to these, tho

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Cousin Todd posted:

a vivid reminder of why boneless is the way to go every time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cousin Todd posted:

If these were 10¢ wings I wouldn’t complain but otherwise those are sad mournful rear end wings.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

I'd be pretty pissed if someone charged me money for that poo poo

Looking forward to these, tho

Now this is 4th of Julying

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

:hmmno:

:hmmyes:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Now this is 4th of Julying

whole lotta prep ahead still, I'm gonna make some rosemary and thyme compound butter, roast some garlic, roast some asparagus, and roast a bell pepper/jalapeno/onion medley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
I have it on good authority that O🅱️'s threads are humming

https://www.twitch.tv/epic_core_count

Oh no, he went offline already :( My notis were not fast enough.