Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

play what, the menus?

You are correct since there's no games on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm in a completionist mood; Is there a website that I can put my steam username/profile into and it can tell me what games in my library I can get full achievements for the fastest? I don't think there's any game on my profile that I've 100% completed (achievement-wise).

I know these don't matter for a bunch of you, that's fine. They don't matter a whole lot for me, but dammit I want to clear out a bunch of them :argh:

https://truesteamachievements.com/ is the closest thing I can think of. It's a spin-off of an Xbox achievement tracking site, but I never got the impression that the Steam achievement tracking is nearly as popular.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

So when I bought stuff in the steam summer sale, steam said it was giving me (?) trading cards worth about 7£ each? Where are they and how can i sell them for steam money

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

No, they're not worth that much, you get one for every 7£ you spend.
They are almost, but not completely worthless. You can sell them from your inventory, like all other cards.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Basically you get about 30 cents back for every game you purchase

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
setting up something to idle them for you is a solid investment of time, then just use a browser extension to sell them all. if you've never done it before, it really adds up, but even if you're up to date on your cards it's nice to get 50p back off every humble bundle or whatever. you need to leave your computer running, but even on the deck you can just plug it in in desktop mode with the screen off until they're done. no need to actually install the games.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What games should I pick up on sale? I have Dave, dredged, and most others so I'm looking for some more hidden gems

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gyshall posted:

What games should I pick up on sale? I have Dave, dredged, and most others so I'm looking for some more hidden gems

You'll probably have to be more specific on what genres you're into.

Otherwise people will recommend just about anything, like Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, which is a mismatch of two different puzzles games that can be played alone (there's a campaign story thingy) or local/online (because it's a serious PvP experience with IRL tournaments and everything).

Or my currently favorite "metroidvania" game Monster Boy, which plays great on the Deck in spite of not being marked as such.

Or my current favorite VN (sort of) The Great Ace Attorney.

Or Drainus, which is one of my favorite shmup games.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 4, 2023

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

chunkles posted:

disappointed that this isn't an interactive home owners association simulator where you try to spot people painting their mailbox the wrong color

"Papers, please" but you're a lovely boomer living with an HOA? Yes, please.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

90s Cringe Rock posted:

setting up something to idle them for you is a solid investment of time, then just use a browser extension to sell them all. if you've never done it before, it really adds up, but even if you're up to date on your cards it's nice to get 50p back off every humble bundle or whatever. you need to leave your computer running, but even on the deck you can just plug it in in desktop mode with the screen off until they're done. no need to actually install the games.

Got a guide to this?

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I finally bought Vampire Survivors.

It should be legally classed as a narcotic.
It really should be.

My problem is that it gets a bit hypnotic and I get sleepy while playing it because it barely requires any active input.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tamba posted:

No, they're not worth that much, you get one for every 7£ you spend.
They are almost, but not completely worthless. You can sell them from your inventory, like all other cards.

lol steam lied to me then, in the cart screen it stated the price of each of them was £7.88 lmfao

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Annath posted:

Got a guide to this?
no

sorry

archisteamfarm's documentation was pretty straightforward last time i did it though, just use the settings the instructions suggest and it'll idle away. no need to use the fancy bots and trading stuff, just the basics will dump the cards in your steam inventory and there are some firefox addons that'll let you sell them all at market price or whatever.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
then you just get random emails from steam telling you sold a card for 3p and received 1p after valve's cut

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

alexandriao posted:

lol steam lied to me then, in the cart screen it stated the price of each of them was £7.88 lmfao

I don't think you read it quite correctly

The item in my cart is $20 and change hence why I get two cards out of it

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Gyshall posted:

There is a great hidden gems thread over here.

My suggestion for this sale is PACMAN Championship Edition DX+, down from $10 to $2.50.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Having an XReal Air problem with my SD. I have them all updated on the current firmware, but if I plug them into the SD directly, I only get sound through the glasses.

This is only in gaming mode. Desktop mode works perfectly. Did anyone else have this issue? Reddit makes it sound like I just have to reupdate.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

unruly posted:

It really should be.

My problem is that it gets a bit hypnotic and I get sleepy while playing it because it barely requires any active input.

I thought I was the only one. The whole genre is this way for me and often times my biggest challenge to playing.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Whats the best way to play Doom wad games on the steam deck?

Also, is there an easy tool to access the vram usage now?

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Chin Strap posted:

I thought I was the only one. The whole genre is this way for me and often times my biggest challenge to playing.
It helps when I am active during the day to play. However, in the morning or evening and it's like having Ben Stiller read the phone book.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you don't want to gently caress with extensions you can go to the Badges screen (drop down under your name) and click a game, there's a sell all cards option in there. It just automatically lists every card for that game at whatever the market price is now.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Whats the other side to this? Why are people spending real money to buy these cards?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Froist posted:

Whats the other side to this? Why are people spending real money to buy these cards?

Curious about that myself. I have no idea what they're for.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Froist posted:

It makes the steam level number go up.

Duquoc
Jul 3, 2023
I've purchased a few stacks of cards before. They're really only there to collect badges for your Steam account. At higher levels of badges, Steam will give you a token discount on some random game, but I've never received a discount code for a game I cared to purchase. I typically only buy cards for smaller niche titles that I particularly enjoy.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tuyop posted:

Having an XReal Air problem with my SD. I have them all updated on the current firmware, but if I plug them into the SD directly, I only get sound through the glasses.

This is only in gaming mode. Desktop mode works perfectly. Did anyone else have this issue? Reddit makes it sound like I just have to reupdate.

This is not a helpful post, but you asked if anyone else was having this issue. I have not at all, its worked seamlessly and consistently since the first time I plugged them in with zero setup.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

tuyop posted:

I have not had this issue, but the only things I could think of to check is that the airs are on the latest firmware (though it looks like you are), and that your battery is fully charged (or at least over 50%). I would also try moving the cable all over the place so it bends in different ways on different spots, to see f that's an issue. Sometimes I will lose audio and video (not just video), and I'll need to wiggle the cable and it'll all come back.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 4, 2023

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
If you collect all cards for a game you get some emoji, profile backgrounds, avatars, and stuff like that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Froist posted:

What’s the other side to this? Why are people spending real money to buy these cards?

Same reason they go to unreasonable lengths to unlock achivevements that require hours and hours of grinding: Completionist brain, which imo is a form of OCD

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
Cycling between powerwash and brotato is scratching all kinds of itches. Steam Deck zen.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Wait, you have to be online to sell Steam cards? No wonder I never sold any of mine

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
I think I found the magic button to make BeamNg playable on this thing! I'm still testing it, it may have crashed changing my graphics settings just now but the Vulkan renderer seems to handle things way way better. A solid 60 on "low" and even a pretty solid 40 with traffic.

I'm sure it'll just start crashing constantly or something equally annoying like that but I'm excited and kind of confused that nobody has mentioned this before, is there some huge caveat?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Duquoc posted:

At higher levels of badges, Steam will give you a token discount on some random game

Thanks for reminding me of the days where you'd just get a random discount coupon in your inventory that you'd never use because it expired in like 3 days.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

This is not a helpful post, but you asked if anyone else was having this issue. I have not at all, its worked seamlessly and consistently since the first time I plugged them in with zero setup.

Nah its helpful! This means I probably have a hosed up OS install about it somewhere.

So now I have to do my first reformatting on this thing :3

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Ignis posted:

Wait, you have to be online to sell Steam cards? No wonder I never sold any of mine

No?

You have to sign in once a week to be eligible for the random booster packs though. I think one drops to a random user (who has claimed all their cards from the game) when someone makes a badge.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I am completely baffled by steam cards. Its like a glimpse into a very strange world where all my notions of value are nonsensical.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

tuyop posted:

I am completely baffled by steam cards. It’s like a glimpse into a very strange world where all my notions of value are nonsensical.

This but CSGO skins

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
NFT's?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Whats the best way to play Doom wad games on the steam deck?'
Install DOOM (1993) and DOOM II via Steam, and then use ProtonUp-Qt (Discover store) to install Luxtorpeda. From there go into the properties for either DOOM and under Compatibility, set "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool" to Luxtorpeda. After that, once you start DOOM it will bring you to a menu where you can choose from a bunch of source ports. If you pick Doom Runner, that's actually a frontend to GZDoom (which it will automatically use) that you can use to configure custom WADs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

tuyop posted:

I am completely baffled by steam cards. It’s like a glimpse into a very strange world where all my notions of value are nonsensical.

I get free ones and sell them for a $1 discount on something.