Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gripweed posted:

Suletta in Witch from Mercury, the lady in Requiem for Vengeance, Lacus in Seed Freedom, they’re doing three Gundams in a row with red headed female leads.

It's Chris' time to shine once again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I love this evil Unreal Gundam tbh, hope they do it justice in this probably bad show.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I do not like the skinny zaku

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gripweed posted:

ok they're making it tough to be optimistic for this show

Big “No, we have Gundam at home.” energy.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Bomberman Act Zeroass energy

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i went in expecting to find it looking awful but you know actually watching the trailer i was going "this isn't all that bad, i kinda dig this"

and then that human wearing the space helmet appeared and i got hit really bad by uncanny valley, somehow, so i guess i'll see how it comes out

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

i went in expecting to find it looking awful but you know actually watching the trailer i was going "this isn't all that bad, i kinda dig this"

and then that human wearing the space helmet appeared and i got hit really bad by uncanny valley, somehow, so i guess i'll see how it comes out

It might be an unfair comparison considering it's been seven years since it released but I'd consider the space helmet to be better than Erasmus trying facial animations again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

This was the fanfilm that really got him noticed for stuff. I'm happy he's getting a chance to do an official Gundam project, but I'm still skeptical.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 4, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

It might be an unfair comparison considering it's been seven years since it released but I'd consider the space helmet to be better than Erasmus trying facial animations again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

This was the fanfilm that really got him noticed for stuff. I'm happy he's getting a chance to do an official Gundam project, but I'm still skeptical.

Otaking was more impressive than this poo poo. I'm sure glad we finally can add the PS3 shovelware aesthetic to the Gundam canon. Complete loving embarrassment, for the franchise and for the people involved.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

The humans looked like hammered poo poo in the first Igloo too so it's just respecting the original.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaius Marius posted:

Otaking was more impressive than this poo poo. I'm sure glad we finally can add the PS3 shovelware aesthetic to the Gundam canon. Complete loving embarrassment, for the franchise and for the people involved.

That aesthetic also exists in gundam we were already talking about igloo

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Caros posted:

The rifle too.

It looks like they ran out of metal prlartway through the design phase and had to cut corners.

It looks like they said, "Hey we gotta make the Federation the bad guys how do we make the Gundam evil?" and then handed the tablet to an 8-year-old. Toss that poo poo in the bin.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Warmachine posted:

It looks like they said, "Hey we gotta make the Federation the bad guys how do we make the Gundam evil?" and then handed the tablet to an 8-year-old. Toss that poo poo in the bin.

shoulda just reused the mudrock

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Sundown_McMoon/status/1676087649021329408?t=0AvzXR9qftKDdnqIFy_VyA&s=19

Gotta stop Shaw and the Duchy of John, people.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Still wild to me that the Journeyman Project guys busted out a Gundam game outta nowhere

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Still wild to me that the Journeyman Project guys busted out a Gundam game outta nowhere

Literally the first piece of Gundam media to be officially released in the west I think

This is, of course, not counting the Doozy Bots pilot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuVTPIQgMqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRp_OoOn2LM

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Also why does the awful gundam have three beam sabers?

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Because that's the magic number.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Vord posted:

Because that's the magic number.

drat, you got me there.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Literally the first piece of Gundam media to be officially released in the west I think

First animated, maybe, but the novels beat it to the punch by 7 years. The whole set got officially translated and released on store shelves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did not know that, drat.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

3 posted:

The pilot is Roronoa Zoro.

The moutphlate opens up to hold one of the sabers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually the novel trilogy got released here in the US back in 1990/91 for some reason

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My high school library had the novels, and by the time I read them I could enjoy all the bizarre choices like "Sha", "Zak", and "Noah Bright"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

My high school library had the novels, and by the time I read them I could enjoy all the bizarre choices like "Sha", "Zak", and "Noah Bright"

The rerelease a few years ago brought the names in line with their generally accepted English versions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Actually the novel trilogy got released here in the US back in 1990/91 for some reason

Probably thought it'd be easier to sell as a sci-fi novel than a Japanese cartoon

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

3 posted:

It's so that Gundam can perform a Post/Username combo.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Maybe it's a really tiny triple beam cannon to match the weirdly tiny gatling gun barrel on the other shoulder.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe it's a special beam cannon.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Maybe it's a special beam cannon.

Ohhhh, that's what makes it special.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I actually thought they were just really stupid, tiny, funnels to go with the really tiny heads.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Deve_Dy/status/1676430505187606529?t=0aDPo0Ugu_rsGlZqxNFYCg&s=19

IBO Season 1 coming to youtube for people without Netflix.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

3 posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that gundam clearly has 5.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that gundam clearly has 5.

It's got three for each hand, but if you wanna be triple wielding three in one hand, gotta have em there to grab.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Coming back to youtube. It's one of the shows Gundam Info regularly rotates through. Makes it a pain to see what's gotten the most views and leads to link rot since the new versions aren't listed the same as the earlier versions, but it's pretty nice while it lasts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Saw this on reddit and I completely forgot that Yuri had his own dollar store Hamon and Ramba Ral hangers on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

With Requiem for Vengeance, it got me thinking. What are there more of, Gundams that were active during the One Year War or Jedi that survived Order 66

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

With Requiem for Vengeance, it got me thinking. What are there more of, Gundams that were active during the One Year War or Jedi that survived Order 66

I think last I checked there are over 100 Jedi survivors of the purge according to the star wars wiki, so I'd say that for as many OYW prototypes ad there are they haven't quite made it that far. It's close though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

char aznable could gently caress the rebel alliance up in his commander gelgoog