Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

DaveSauce posted:

Finally installed the magvent that had been sitting around since like thanksgiving:

https://www.magvent-dryervent.com/

Didn't get a before picture, but I got rid of like 2-3 ft of flex dryer duct (compressed... like 4-5 ft uncompressed), but more importantly I got rid of several elbows that were required to fold it up behind the dryer. Which adds up since I have like 25' nearly of rigid vent behind the walls, so every elbow counts.

A++ highly recommended.

Gotta get me one of those! I have exactly the same configuration that requires 6' of looped hose. The tensioner is squeaking, so time to replace that & do a general clean-out & service. No better time to remedy that issue.

DaveSauce posted:

So also got confirmation of my Bosch 800 delivery. Between 4-8pm tomorrow...

On the plus side, it means I don't have to disconnect my old dishwasher tonight for haul-away. But it does mean that I get to spend tomorrow night installing the new one. So if something goes wrong I'm screwed for at least a day because I go back to work Wednesday. Got 2 small kids, we run that thing every day... not sure I'll be able to have time to install it if I'm busy handwashing the dishes that pile up.

If you haven't already, pull up the installation manual & do a quick read-through. It's pretty straightforward. The infrastructure bump-out is down low - most of the back goes right up against the wall. I re-routed the discharge hose the way it's recommended - across at floor level, then up over the cabinet wall to the garbage disposal. Also pre-purchased the hard-wire kit, which meant a little extra time to locate where the Bosch junction box would go. I've done several, and this was about the easiest one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

DaveSauce posted:

Finally installed the magvent that had been sitting around since like thanksgiving:

Didn't get a before picture, but I got rid of like 2-3 ft of flex dryer duct (compressed... like 4-5 ft uncompressed), but more importantly I got rid of several elbows that were required to fold it up behind the dryer. Which adds up since I have like 25' nearly of rigid vent behind the walls, so every elbow counts.

A++ highly recommended.

lmao the existing connection tho. Didn't get pictures but it looks like someone cut the hole in the drywall for the vent with a hammer. So of course this means it's all crumbly and I couldn't get more than 3 of the drywall anchors to stay, so hopefully that's enough.

Also for some reason the vent connection was offset like 6-8 inches above the normal dryer-side connection, so no matter what I need to have elbows anyhow. Really stupid design, but at least I got rid of some elbows and made it easier to disconnect when I clean out the vent.

That said, to install the magvent you need to take tin snips to the stub so it fits flush... good thing it's covered up, because I butchered the gently caress out of it.

Mine is also offset by about 10" vertically from where any dryer would realistically vent, I'm guessing there is some minimum clearance needed on the outside of the house. Additionally Gary hosed up the alignment between the outside part of the vent kit and the inside hole for the duct. They ended up just shoving the duct into roughly the same region as the exit and I guess saying "good enough" when turning the dryer on opened the outside vent flap, ignoring that there was a good inch or so of gap at the bottom of where the ducting joined the vent flap.

I redid it with an angled cut on a new duct and it all fits together very nicely now. I hope the space between the brick and the wall wasn't too badly hosed up by the moisture over the years.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Anyone have experience with switching an xfinity internet account from yourself to a spouse to catch promotional discounts? Our promotional period has expired and we're getting reamed; it looks like we could cut our bill in half (below even what our previous bill was) with current promotions for a new customer at our address. What I figured out from reddit posts was that people were cancelling and getting set up on the same day, but it wasn't clear when they were doing this - right before a billing cycle or right before a service period.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
Haven’t tried the spouse angle but I do have to call xfinity every time my contract expires and threaten to cancel if they don’t give me the same price as before. It’s a stupid and pointless dance and now that we own a home I am hoping to switch providers soon.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I once called Comcast to do the song and dance of threatening cancelling and they called my bluff and said that’s unfortunate but okay. I was forced to cancel. I called the very next day to establish new service and got the promo deal.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I call every two years and tell them the truth.

"The price went up and I really just want the promo rate, is there anybody I can talk to in order to reduce my rate? I know the routine but let's be honest, I just want a lower rate for my services. I'm not interested in telephone service which might lower my rate for 6 months and then go up to $300/month. They lowered it $50/month and locked it for 2 years. It all depends on who you talk to.

I think they've changed their attitude lately and don't give in to the threat of cancelling.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I suspect it comes down to whether or not you have a credible second option in your area or not.

When I did the "I'm canceling" dance I always had success with quoting a competitor's offer and asking them to beat it, even if that competition was pretty lovely like a cellular ISP.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

From the rep’s point of view, they don’t care how great of a deal you get. Their commission is on your retention and they will give you whatever the system lets them. Often their tools are really lovely legacy software that is the thing that limits them the most.

You can also do self servicing on their website but I don’t know how good of a promo they offer through that route.

My mom has spent x3 times the rate she could be spending because she refuses to call because she’s “too busy”. Probably has racked up over a thousand in costs she doesn’t have to pay.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I managed like $10/mo off the last time my contract expired a year+ ago and that was after probably an hour on the phone negotiating. They didn't make it easy and I wasn't willing to actually switch at that point (I watch way too much TV and there's no other cable providers in the area) so I went with it.

My new contract has expired and my bill is now even more expensive and I'm just trying to finish a major kitchen reno before I switch to the local fiber provider. I've read Comcast isn't as willing to hand out discounts these days and if you cancel you have to wait 6+ months to qualify for the new customer pricing again.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 4, 2023

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DaveSauce posted:

A++ highly recommended.

lmao the existing connection tho. Didn't get pictures but it looks like someone cut the hole in the drywall for the vent with a hammer. So of course this means it's all crumbly and I couldn't get more than 3 of the drywall anchors to stay, so hopefully that's enough.

Also for some reason the vent connection was offset like 6-8 inches above the normal dryer-side connection, so no matter what I need to have elbows anyhow. Really stupid design, but at least I got rid of some elbows and made it easier to disconnect when I clean out the vent.

That said, to install the magvent you need to take tin snips to the stub so it fits flush... good thing it's covered up, because I butchered the gently caress out of it.

edit:

On the plus side, it means I don't have to disconnect my old dishwasher tonight for haul-away. But it does mean that I get to spend tomorrow night installing the new one. So if something goes wrong I'm screwed for at least a day because I go back to work Wednesday. Got 2 small kids, we run that thing every day... not sure I'll be able to have time to install it if I'm busy handwashing the dishes that pile up.

These are a thing, but I don't know if they're better or worse then the flex vent:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Smart-Choice-0-18-in-Dryer-Periscope-Vent-Kit-5304484130/206740122

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Shifty Pony posted:

I suspect it comes down to whether or not you have a credible second option in your area or not.

When I did the "I'm canceling" dance I always had success with quoting a competitor's offer and asking them to beat it, even if that competition was pretty lovely like a cellular ISP.

In my experience this is the big one. Around 2010 we lived someplace that was only served by Comcast and their reaction was "ok, have fun without internet." Meanwhile we've got two serious big name ISPs and one hippy kinda-mediocre mom and pop that can service us here, plus all the assorted cellular bullshit, and what do you know they compete pretty hard to keep us around.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Looking for any recommendations for smart deadbolt locks or even numberpad locks. I have ADHD and have left my keys in the door officially Too Many Times. Looking for first-hand reports, I've read a lot of the reviews/rankings online. My parents really like their Lockly branded lock but some reviews say it doesn't do well in hot full sun and the door we have is south facing.

I'm not too picky on features but the one deal breaker is that I want it to be able to be manually unlocked by key (can't believe some don't have this??). I'm still deciding if we want wifi/Bluetooth access for :tinfoil: reasons but I can't argue with the convenience of it.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
As a fellow ADHDer, the ability to check via your phone if your door is locked (if it has Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity) or not is very helpful. I've got Schlage smart locks that take a key. I never use the key, but I'm glad the option is there.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I have a couple of ultraloq deadbolts that connect via WiFi, have a fingerprint reader, key codes, and app to open and check status. It has profiles so I can make them for my kids and see when they unlock the door or give temp access to people. Also has an auto lock feature after a set time and can unlock automatically based on location of my phone entering the perimeter. And they connect via Alexa and maybe other smart home systems.

I'm not sure how standard those features are, but I've been very happy with them. I picked them up from woot around a year ago for $120 each and haven't had issues. Just replaced batteries in the one we use the most.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
My GE Profile wall oven of unknown age has thrown up the "F7" key panel error code. This is the second or third time it's done this in the last year, and this time resetting the power to it and all that isn't making it think it's not got two buttons being pressed down anymore, so I figure it's time to just replace it - I know getting someone out to replace the key panel is also an option but since I don't know how old it is (and haven't found any model number anywhere to try to guess) I figured I should get something I know that's new.

This is a gas oven, correct?

I measured it across the widest part and it's 29.5" - does this mean it's a 30" space?
Are there any recommended wall oven brands for around $2500 (maybe up to $2750)?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Edit: that's an electric oven.

Post a picture of the whole oven if you can. My day job involves finding poo poo online and I'm pretty drat good at it.

marchantia posted:

Looking for any recommendations for smart deadbolt locks or even numberpad locks. I have ADHD and have left my keys in the door officially Too Many Times. Looking for first-hand reports, I've read a lot of the reviews/rankings online. My parents really like their Lockly branded lock but some reviews say it doesn't do well in hot full sun and the door we have is south facing.

I'm not too picky on features but the one deal breaker is that I want it to be able to be manually unlocked by key (can't believe some don't have this??). I'm still deciding if we want wifi/Bluetooth access for :tinfoil: reasons but I can't argue with the convenience of it.

I have Schlage FE-595 keypad knobs and they get my enthusiastic thumbs up.

They use a standard (in ways that matter) Schlage 5-pin cylinder that any locksmith can rekey and the mechanical lock cylinder actually directly actuates the locking mechanism so it works with a dead battery. The mechanism only draws power when switching between locked and unlocked so the single 9v lasts many many years (the last place we were at it was going strong after 4 years). They default to locked when the door closes so you never forget to lock the door but also are never locked out (if you know the code).

The place before our last place had the deadbolt equivalent and it was very good as well.

They do stick out more than other knobs which might make for trouble with a storm door with a knob right at the same spot as the knob in the mail door, so check that first.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 4, 2023

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

stealie72 posted:

This is some pro level <homophobic slur> right here.

Do you trust fund maoists really enjoy the scent of your own farts that much?

KariOhki posted:

This is a gas oven, correct?

Looks like an electric convection oven to me.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Edit: that's an electric oven.

stealie72 posted:

Looks like an electric convection oven to me.

Thanks - everything I saw online about "gas vs electric oven" said that electric ones also have a coil on the bottom and gas ones are flat.
Picture of the whole thing anyway (weird angle because I didn't want to be seen in the reflection):

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There’s usually a label on the inside of the cavity somewhere. Door or the frame. But yea looks electric convection

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

KariOhki posted:

Thanks - everything I saw online about "gas vs electric oven" said that electric ones also have a coil on the bottom and gas ones are flat.
Picture of the whole thing anyway (weird angle because I didn't want to be seen in the reflection):

GE Model JT912SFSS

https://www.geappliances.com/appliance/GE-Profile-30-Built-In-Single-Convection-Wall-Oven-JT912SFSS

Edit: looks like a part directly from GE is going to run like $700 for the part since GE sells the entire control panel and controller as one unit.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 4, 2023

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Shifty Pony posted:

But tomorrow it will be comfortable defeatism

I was hoping so. Compressor was fully locked up. Replacing whole system. Got a good quote though from a well recommended dude. ~$7k a full $2k lower than the next reputable one.

Went to the homeless despot and got a portable 8k BTU to augment the other window unit until the replacement arrives.

It’s pulling like 2 qt/hour (1/2 gal/hr) of humidity.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 4, 2023

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

GE Model JT912SFSS

https://www.geappliances.com/appliance/GE-Profile-30-Built-In-Single-Convection-Wall-Oven-JT912SFSS

Edit: looks like a part directly from GE is going to run like $700 for the part since GE sells the entire control panel and controller as one unit.

You really are dang good at finding things, thanks! And thanks for the part info - that's about what I'd seen generally for them. Still leaning towards a full new unit just so I have install date/appliance age/actual instruction manual

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This happened....

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

devicenull posted:

This happened....

the tree returns home to spawn

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe

CarForumPoster posted:

I was hoping so. Compressor was fully locked up. Replacing whole system. Got a good quote though from a well recommended dude. ~$7k a full $2k lower than the next reputable one.

Went to the homeless despot and got a portable 8k BTU to augment the other window unit until the replacement arrives.

It’s pulling like 2 qt/hour (1/2 gal/hr) of humidity.

Defeatism! Warranted in this case because, you know.... My goondolences for your unexpected homeowner expense, the worst kind, kind of like car repairs or a root canal.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

marchantia posted:

I have a Schlage Encode Plus and it is awesome, just works, integrates with Apple HomeKit so I’ve never needed to install a custom app if that’s important to you.
Additionally if you’re on the Apple train you can use your phone or Apple Watch to unlock. So we have custom PINs for like grandparents coming over and when I need to come in (I park outside) I just throw my watch up against it. Really slick.

Been in operation since they released and I’ve only changed the batteries once, so lasts over a year with multiple times daily use.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
That felt overtly sexual.

In other news, I need a chimney guy. It's never leaked except for when Seattle got snow last year but I went up on the roof with intentions to spray some sealer on it today. I used a wire brush to remove some moss and spray some moss killer on it.

Well I think I might just need someone to come in and unfuck Gary's handy work.

Not only is the cap poo poo, but a few of the bricks are also broken and need replacing, and just overall need to be retucked. The caulk near the flashing is also rotted. Sanity check from anybody who knows masonry? It feels like I'm about to burn a few thousand bucks to have my chimney rebuilt.

2023 so far:
$20k worth of trees being removed the week after next.
Chimney needs work before the wet season.
Furnace died on the last cold week and is from 1998.

It's fixing to be an expensive year to be a homeowner.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

devicenull posted:

This happened....

Tire attached to chain attached to tractor
Good as new

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Tire attached to chain attached to tractor
Good as new

It actually made it all the way out and ended up in the river... so, not my problem anymore

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

devicenull posted:

This happened....

This is my hole! It was made for me!

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.

marchantia posted:

Chiming in here with another recommendation for the Schlage Encode. We have one on the house door we use the most and one on the garage door. One of the best purchases we've made for the house yet. We don't have ours set up as smart locks, but they are able to do so.
They have key locks as well as the num pad, you can set multiple codes so you don't have to worry about getting keys cut for family if you don't want to. If you go with an entire line of Schlage locks, you can easily get them rekeyed to a single master key for all your house locks. So far they've held up great to our Canadian winters. A++ will buy again.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Verman posted:

That felt overtly sexual.

In other news, I need a chimney guy. It's never leaked except for when Seattle got snow last year but I went up on the roof with intentions to spray some sealer on it today. I used a wire brush to remove some moss and spray some moss killer on it.

Well I think I might just need someone to come in and unfuck Gary's handy work.

Not only is the cap poo poo, but a few of the bricks are also broken and need replacing, and just overall need to be retucked. The caulk near the flashing is also rotted. Sanity check from anybody who knows masonry? It feels like I'm about to burn a few thousand bucks to have my chimney rebuilt.

2023 so far:
$20k worth of trees being removed the week after next.
Chimney needs work before the wet season.
Furnace died on the last cold week and is from 1998.

It's fixing to be an expensive year to be a homeowner.

I had six chimneys repointed for $1500

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

DaveSauce posted:

So that was a loving ordeal. Didn't finish installing it until about 10pm last night... And that was even after it was delivered slightly early, around 2:30 or so.

But honestly that was the start of the problems... they called around noon saying they would be by in an hour, so I had to scramble to get the old one removed. An hour later... nothing, except for a sink full of dishes that I was going to hand wash but didn't because I thought I didn't have time, and now the drain hose was disconnected from the disposal so I couldn't run the sink.

Once I got the old one out I immediately realized I may have a problem... the old install had the power coming in about the center of the bay. Thought this was going to interfere, and sure enough when the new one arrived it was... let's say monolithic. Old one had some space and open air underneath, this one had nothing, so there was no way to run it along the bottom.

So after about 45 minutes of measuring, planning, and re-planning, then a quick trip to the hardware store, and I laid in to it.

Forgot a before, but here's after re-routing the power and filling the old hole with foam (goes directly to the crawl space, so a big ol' hole is no bueno):

And the final installed power adapter:

Probably ought to staple that romex there... so I couldn't install the box behind the dishwasher because technically you're not supposed to per the instructions, but also it was too big. Took a bunch of careful measurements and determined that it was maybe 1/4" too thick to get the dishwasher in all the way, so I had to install it in the adjacent cabinet anyhow.

I briefly considered what it would take to install a receptacle before doing this, but decided against it because I didn't want to open another can of worms... maybe next time.

The other problem is that the sink is on the corner of an L shape, so there's a 45 degree turn from the dishwasher to the sink. Which means running the hoses through the empty space of that 45 was a PITA. Turns out the PO had the last dishwasher go up to the gap between the counter and the cabinet fame because the drain line needs the high loop, and the sink takes up so much space in the cabinet that there's no good spot to mount a support for the hose. So I see why they did this, but goddamn that was a bitch to run.

The aforementioned void, after blindly wailing on those staples with a channel locks so they wouldn't rip my lines:

As an aside, this 45 meant that the power box couldn't be under the sink on account of the distance, which is why I put it on the right side instead of the left. Might have been able to reach while installed, but definitely not while pulled out.

Anyhow, by far the hardest part was pulling the supply/drain hoses through the cabinets. Took I swear 45 minutes of trying to pull it through. Tiny rear end opening and almost no room to get my hand in there. So the one smart thing I did was to tie strings to the old dishwasher's hoses before I pulled them out, which left me a string to pull the new hoses with. But even with that, I could get it up to the opening, but couldn't quite pull it through. Took several attempts but it kept catching, so eventually just coated it with masking tape to give it a smoother profile and was able to just brute force it.

Didn't get an after, but here's a before of under the sink:

Around the top middle you can see the strings disappear in to the nothingness, which is where the supply/drain eventually came out. You can also see the patched up hole from what I suspect was the original dishwasher's supply line (the one I removed was from like 2012 or so, so there had been at least 1 dishwasher before it). Wish I had just re-opened that, at least for the supply line.

Final goodbye picture of the bay before pushing everything in:

So fortunately/unfortunately the supply and drain hose just barely reach their destination with the dishwasher installed. Which... means that I didn't install the drain extension I had bought. So future DaveSauce is going to be pissed that I didn't leave enough slack to pull the dishwasher out without disconnecting both lines. But if I have to do that, then I'll re-open the old supply line hole at bottom and use that so I don't have to pull them both through a narrow-rear end opening up top.

So now the kitchen is a godwaful mess... all the stuff that was under the sink is strewn about the counters because I didn't want to put it away last night. And I need to clean up a touch before I put everything back.

But at least I have clean dishes now!

edit:

fixed image links... I think.

DaveSauce fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 5, 2023

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

FYI a bunch of your pics look like they got eaten by Imgur

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fairly typical retro-install bullshit, 10/10 looks good

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I wonder if your life would have been made easier if you just cut a giant hole or two in the left wall of the dishwasher cavity to open up access to the 45 section. Then you could easily snake the hoses through and even put the wiring in there.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
On the topic of smart locks, don't get August. Don't know when the PO installed it, but mine is broken less than two weeks after moving in.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

DaveSauce posted:

So that was a loving ordeal. Didn't finish installing it until about 10pm last night... And that was even after it was delivered slightly early, around 2:30 or so.

Impressive outcome, nice sticktoitiveness.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

LloydDobler posted:

I wonder if your life would have been made easier if you just cut a giant hole or two in the left wall of the dishwasher cavity to open up access to the 45 section. Then you could easily snake the hoses through and even put the wiring in there.

Honestly didn't cross my mind. The whole "don't punch extra holes unless you absolutely have to" mentality is strong in me. I didn't even want to drill the holes I did, but there was no way I was going to get this to work if I hadn't. I'm finding myself wishing those cavities didn't even exist... like, it'd be so simple to engineer a corner unit like this without the extra set of walls, and would add a bunch of useful storage in addition to being easier to pipe up, but I guess that's 1 extra SKU, which would price that cabinet maker out of the bidding for my Generic Suburban Shitbox Design #24-C.

spf3million posted:

Impressive outcome, nice sticktoitiveness.

I guess I can't be upset at the result, but I'm still mad that this took so long. It was supposed to be a quick swap, but ended up with me having to hack at things for hours until it all worked.

But at least I have a hole saw now!

New Bosch is nice so far, and the CrystalDry is fantastic, but it's going to take time to figure out how to load it. Like... the bottom rack is all weird. Instead of 2 big long racks it's got 1 medium rack and 2 small-ish racks.

I used to have a system. Our dish usage is fairly consistent and predictable, and everything had a preferred place, as well as a backup place... now it's just chaos.

The top (3rd) rack is interesting... great for big cooking/serving utensils. Not sure about other stuff so far. Going to have to experiment and see what works.

DaveSauce fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

DaveSauce posted:

Honestly didn't cross my mind. The whole "don't punch extra holes unless you absolutely have to" mentality is strong in me. I didn't even want to drill the holes I did, but there was no way I was going to get this to work if I hadn't. I'm finding myself wishing those cavities didn't even exist... like, it'd be so simple to engineer a corner unit like this without the extra set of walls, and would add a bunch of useful storage in addition to being easier to pipe up, but I guess that's 1 extra SKU, which would price that cabinet maker out of the bidding for my Generic Suburban Shitbox Design #24-C.

I guess I can't be upset at the result, but I'm still mad that this took so long. It was supposed to be a quick swap, but ended up with me having to hack at things for hours until it all worked.

But at least I have a hole saw now!

New Bosch is nice so far, and the CrystalDry is fantastic, but it's going to take time to figure out how to load it. Like... the bottom rack is all weird. Instead of 2 big long racks it's got 1 medium rack and 2 small-ish racks.

I used to have a system. Our dish usage is fairly consistent and predictable, and everything had a preferred place, as well as a backup place... now it's just chaos.

The top (3rd) rack is interesting... great for big cooking/serving utensils. Not sure about other stuff so far. Going to have to experiment and see what works.

Is the third rack the utensil rack? If so we put all spoons, forks, etc up there grouped by type so when you u load you can just grab the whole set at once and plop it in the drawer. Our washer also came with a utensil thing for the bottom rack, we just removed it since the 3rd rack is better