Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Isn't Luka the new 4* in 1.2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Lukeocha

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Rakshasa.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

GateOfD posted:

how did you use to get this info like this

https://www.hoyolab.com/home

Honkai Star Rail/Battle Records/Forgotten hall/View Challenge data

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I think Asta should get a 5 star because she's cute

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I think Sampo should get a 5* because it would be funny and he probably scammed someone to get there.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
If I have Natasha at 40 (capped here for now on story) and pulled Luocha, should I start furiously leveling him as an eventual replacement, even though I probably don't have the right equipment/LC for him yet?

Edit: And if I have no abundance LCs at all, do you think I should start trying my luck for the 5* LC, or start saving passes for the next character?

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 5, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Natasha is still really solid, so you can prioritize gearing Luo, but you don't have to stress in favor of just enjoying the game. Don't pull on LCs, you can manage with on the basic ones until a better one drops.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Having two healers is good for FH/MoC, so definitely do some investing into Luocha and even from casual pulling you should probably have several of the 3* Abundance LC Multiplication which goes quite well with Luocha as he wants to just do his basic attack a bunch anyway.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sushang doesn't like today's Stellar Flare, but Serval is Sampo's best friend here.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

AParadox posted:

Got my 30* moc clear too. I was hard stuck at 28* because of the healing elite but off pity Luocha drop two days ago let me push through.

The teams I used:

drat Jing Yuan must do a lot of work because I use most of the rest of the same crew except yanqing and I barely scrape by the last few.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm impressed that they're pulling it off with only one 80. I haven't made more than one attempt at stage 8 but that's as far as I've gotten with six!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Black Griffon posted:

Natasha is still really solid, so you can prioritize gearing Luo, but you don't have to stress in favor of just enjoying the game. Don't pull on LCs, you can manage with on the basic ones until a better one drops.

If you've taken a look at the release schedule going forward and do not give a poo poo, rolling on the LC banner can be worthwhile. Really, really good LCs are transformative. Like "double a character's effectiveness" good. Yeah, oooh ah everyone loves a new character. At a certain point though you have a ton of good characters for every role. I'm pretty sure I could make 3 full teams at this point of characters I love. Considering I can normally only rock 4 people, that is way more characters I love than I can ever regularly use.

Kefka is neat, but I'll probably skip her unless I come hilarious close to the 50/50 before she drops. Then I'll save up to be able to afford Dan 5*. Not because I need a new Destruction or anything, but because I rep the home team. I have everyone else, I refuse to not have him.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Just tried out Yukong as a support, and came away very impressed. Yes she's a very high skill floor character as everyone expected, but the boost she gave me was really palpable. The combo of her bowstrings+ult+SW defense shred+QQ's skill damage buff made for some fairly ridiculous damage output. Really excited to build up my own once my resources aren't quite so tight.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Mulva posted:

Kefka is neat, but I'll probably skip her unless I come hilarious close to the 50/50 before she drops.

Do you just keep track on your own of number of pulls, or is there a site/tool that can keep you updated?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Do you just keep track on your own of number of pulls, or is there a site/tool that can keep you updated?

I use this, you can use it too if you're ok with running mysterious PowerShell commands on your computer: https://starrailstation.com/en/warp

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair I do it myself. Every full page is 5 pulls, so I just see when the hell I pulled a 5* and how many pages that is in. I'm a little over 30 pulls out from my Luocha, so I'm nowhere near a pity. On the flip side there's 2 weeks until she drops, so that's plenty of time to get a bunch of pulls.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

drat Jing Yuan must do a lot of work because I use most of the rest of the same crew except yanqing and I barely scrape by the last few.

Like Seele, he can deal with adds while simultaneously putting some decent damage on the main target and this really helps in some fights. When paired with Tingyun he can keep the offensive at very little skill point cost and lets your defensive units spend them without costing you dps while when paired with SW he can rush down enemies you need broken asap like the big Ice elemental.

Mine has some decent gear

could use a better cr/cd split, bit more trace levels and a more fitting chain + globe set piece but he does his job good enough as it is.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I just created a spreadsheet for genshin pulls and created a new tab for star rail, it's pretty easy to track as you go and then I can go back and look at my current pity, 5* luck, etc.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

The game is very different with Clara and Bronya backing up my teams. Maybe not the RNG I asked for, but the RNG I deserved?

Unrelatedly, are any of the SU store LCs worth buying? Or should I just save up and put the tickets into my Kafka fund?

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The game is very different with Clara and Bronya backing up my teams. Maybe not the RNG I asked for, but the RNG I deserved?

Unrelatedly, are any of the SU store LCs worth buying? Or should I just save up and put the tickets into my Kafka fund?

The Hunt one is really good if you need one. I spent my initial herta bucks on that and the superimpositions for it.

Otherwise the others seem to have specific niches of use but I haven’t needed them so I’ve been purchasing the standard tickets.

Also keep in mind these are standard tickets in the SU store so they won’t be able to be used for Kafka unfortunately.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

God my Bailu is thick. She has over 5k health without fully upgraded gear at level 70 and shes still missing stat boosting traces

Standard banner stop giving me characters, I want bailus and claras LC.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

The Hunt one is really good if you need one. I spent my initial herta bucks on that and the superimpositions for it.

Otherwise the others seem to have specific niches of use but I haven’t needed them so I’ve been purchasing the standard tickets.

Also keep in mind these are standard tickets in the SU store so they won’t be able to be used for Kafka unfortunately.

The Hunt one is great, but if you're using a Destruction as your main then get that one. 64% attack and 5 star stats is great.

The Preservation one is obviously made for Fireblazer but it would be great for Gepard as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mulva posted:

I'm pretty sure I could make 3 full teams at this point of characters I love. Considering I can normally only rock 4 people, that is way more characters I love than I can ever regularly use.

3? I can easily do 4 and I'm mostly f2p. Right now I'm not using March, Dan, Trailblazer, Natasha, Tingyun, Asta, Yukong, Sampo, Arlan, Herta and Hook. Almost 3 additional teams.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The Preservation one seems bad to me. It has neither Def to boost the power of shields nor aggro to ensure the tank gets hit. I guess you could spam taunt but that's a huge waste of SP imo; the fire MC works best as a way to get free small shields while generating SP with a usually-boost auto-attack, not wasting time taunting.

I feel like it would work best on a tank with no shields at all. It actually has anti-synergy with shields. So I'm curious what future tank designs it might work with.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Walla posted:

3? I can easily do 4 and I'm mostly f2p. Right now I'm not using March, Dan, Trailblazer, Natasha, Tingyun, Asta, Yukong, Sampo, Arlan, Herta and Hook. Almost 3 additional teams.

Oh I could fill more slots, but I mean I can make a functional team that can survive all content 3 times solely out of characters I love. They've done a good job of making really interesting characters in most of the roles. The flip side of that is that I have like a ton of people fighting for each spot. Having more is fun, but it's just adding more people to the bench. I already have a ton of people fighting for slots in my second MoC team. Unless someone is so amazing they blow someone on my A team out of the water [Like Luocha does], or I really like their character, there's really just no reason to roll on anyone. Ever again. So Kefka is neat and I'd try for her if the 50/50 was basically already up, but I'm not dropping a fresh 90 chasing her. I wouldn't use her. Dan 5* I probably wouldn't use either, but I am required by Space Law to have the entire Express team. So I'd roll for him.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Clarste posted:

The Preservation one seems bad to me. It has neither Def to boost the power of shields nor aggro to ensure the tank gets hit. I guess you could spam taunt but that's a huge waste of SP imo; the fire MC works best as a way to get free small shields while generating SP with a usually-boost auto-attack, not wasting time taunting.

I feel like it would work best on a tank with no shields at all. It actually has anti-synergy with shields. So I'm curious what future tank designs it might work with.

That's Fu Xuan, potentially. The current leaked version of her kit doesn't put up shields but instead takes a percentage of damage in place of all allies and has a psuedo-self heal mechanic.

Speaking of the SU LCs, I wonder if they'll give us more ways to get hertabux in the future so newcomers can catch up on getting the LCs. That'd be nice for the day 1 players who can use the extra income to accelerate their standard banner 5* selection.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

God my Bailu is thick. She has over 5k health without fully upgraded gear at level 70 and shes still missing stat boosting traces

Standard banner stop giving me characters, I want bailus and claras LC.

That's probably one of the ~four advantages she has over Luocha (though Luocha probably has significantly higher healing throughput, a cleanse, and better damage). It's handy being confident that your healer will never die before your other characters. The other advantages are the on-demand big full-party heal, reactive heals, and damage reduction from her final trace.

It's nice how they fill such different niches. I feel like this game allows for more variety like this than Genshin, where the main concerns are just "healing" or "shields."

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 5, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ytlaya posted:

That's probably one of the ~four advantages she has over Luocha (though Luocha probably has significantly higher healing throughput, a cleanse, and better damage). It's handy being confident that your healer will never die before your other characters. The other advantages are the on-demand big full-party heal, reactive heals, and damage reduction from her final trace.

It's nice how they fill such different niches. I feel like this game allows for more variety like this than Genshin, where the main concerns are just "healing" or "shields."

Eh, Luocha's heals are so beefy that I've been quite happy to gear him up with +HP and +Def relics. He's "only" 4800 HP/1050 Defense bulky at the moment, but he's also not level 80 and has zero maxed relics. And Luocha has a reactive heal as well. The big thing Bailu has over the other healers is a revive.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Rules are made to be followed, right?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I like having both Bailu and Luocha and of course when doing MoC, I will wish I had a dispel/purge when Bailu is out and a big heal/revive when Luocha is out.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

It actually has anti-synergy with shields.

Ehhh, the "if you take a hit without a shield" effect will trigger even if you take a hit while having a shield but it breaks through, so it's not as anti-synergy as you'd expect.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zurai posted:

Eh, Luocha's heals are so beefy that I've been quite happy to gear him up with +HP and +Def relics. He's "only" 4800 HP/1050 Defense bulky at the moment, but he's also not level 80 and has zero maxed relics. And Luocha has a reactive heal as well. The big thing Bailu has over the other healers is a revive.

Luocha is so absurdly strong that I don't even know where they go from here regarding Abundance character design. His raw throughput puts even Bailu completely in his shadow, he's even more skill point efficient, and he brings more utility than either Bailu or Natasha do by having both a cleanse and a purge; if you happen to own even just E1 he also starts stepping on Harmony toes with a free full party 20% attack buff with nearly 100% uptime. Natasha has absolutely nothing in her kit that remotely compares to his power, and Bailu still has the revive as a unique gimmick but its function of saving a character who gets focus fired is neatly covered by Luocha's auto-heal, which is once per two turns instead of once per battle.

I was assuming he'd be a riskier choice of healer, but if anything he's even more stable than the existing healers. They kind of went completely nuts with him like they did with Seele.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm pretty glad that those two are the two banner characters I went for, then

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Silver Wolf is insanely good too. The banner characters might as well be their own category of 6*

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
To be clear, every banner character they've released have been very strong additions to your roster; Jing Yuan is still a fantastic damage dealer, and Silver Wolf significantly alters your team building dynamics. It's just that Seele and Luocha are so powerful in their respective roles that it's difficult to imagine anything meaningfully surpassing them without monstrous power creep(which would then have a trickle down effect on the other characters who aren't so nuts) or a huge paradigm shift in the game.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Luocha is great but I had some moc runs with him end due to one shots or aoe that I would be able to save with either nat or bailu. He really wants to support a full build beefy team where 70%-60% to 0% hp kills do not happen. In most runs neither bailu nor nat ever use their skill and just pop the ult when necessary.

His AOE buff dispel on the other hand is unmatched and it alone gave 4 turns faster clears on both moc 9 and 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kanos posted:

To be clear, every banner character they've released have been very strong additions to your roster; Jing Yuan is still a fantastic damage dealer, and Silver Wolf significantly alters your team building dynamics. It's just that Seele and Luocha are so powerful in their respective roles that it's difficult to imagine anything meaningfully surpassing them without monstrous power creep(which would then have a trickle down effect on the other characters who aren't so nuts) or a huge paradigm shift in the game.

I'll be shocked if this game doesn't see significant power creep over time. I hope it'll be gradual and not massive jumps like HI3, and I assume there will be some margin of error for optimized versions of the current roster to clear memory of chaos for some time after stronger characters have come out, but there's too much incentive to push people to roll for new hotness to count on there being stable power levels forever.