Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSHWXhrPjI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

keep punching joe posted:

Submersible piloted using a Guitar Hero controller.

If ever there was a time to use the Dreamcast fishing rod controller for not a fishing game, it has to be this!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Frantically scanning the barcode for 'up elevator' with the :CueCat handheld barcode reader I replaced the controls in my Cessna with as I plummet towards the Ground Zero Monument in NYC that I wanted to pay respects to by speedrunning Super Mario Land while doing barrel rolls above it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

keep punching joe posted:

Submersible piloted using a Guitar Hero controller.

Repurposed Dance Dance Revolution pad.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

DesperateDan posted:

will try this, ta

Be careful to turn the heat down/off before you add it otherwise the soy sauce can burn.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Caitlin Moran is BACK! with a book that is this time about men. According to this absolute slating, 13 pages in she says: "I couldn’t think of any book, play, TV show or movie that basically tells the story of how boy-children become men.” She literally cannot think of a single coming-of-age story about a boy. Not, for instance, About A Boy. Or Boyhood. Or around one billion of the world's most popular stories and film/novel/TV/comic book franchises.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Homer's epics, Roman allegorical histories, the Arabic philosophical fictions of the Islamic golden age, much of Voltaire's fiction, Henry Fielding's Tom Jones, Goethe's Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship, a good half of Dickens' most famous works, a good two thirds of Mark Twain's most famous works, Little Men by Little Women's Louisa May Alcott, The Catcher in the Rye, East of Eden, The Jungle Book.

You could just stick a pin in a list of the most famous books of all time and have a good chance of it having "the story of how boy-children become men" to some degree.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stand By Me?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

More interested in boys becoming girls :biglips:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Reminds me of the time Jamie Oliver said poor people in Britain would rather spend money on big TVs than eating healthy and people in Spain and Italy make 5* gourmet food from 90p worth of spaghetti and tomatoes and fresh fish caught that morning. Turned out at the time he said that Spain had higher food bank usage than the U.K. but no I'm sure British people are just stupid and lazy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol remember when Jamie Oliver showed kids the pink slime they make chicken nuggets out of and then asked who would still eat them and it was all of them because chicken nuggets are delicious

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol remember when Jamie Oliver showed kids the pink slime they make chicken nuggets out of and then asked who would still eat them and it was all of them because chicken nuggets are delicious

he looked so sad

like really sad

like he felt a great disturbance in the farce, as if millions of folk suddenly ate cheesy chips in front of a plasma TV and were suddenly satiated

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But they're made in a factory using sieves, not like natural foods that come out of a bird's cloaca or are found growing on rotting logs.

Also that a new 32" flatscreen costs less than the first month's rental on a tiny tube TV in the 60s, and not buying it and staring at the wall would save about 3p per meal over the life of the set.

Here's your one extra singular asparagu per week, now lets get back to staring at the wall.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

give me buttykake or give me death
Is that where a bunch of guys surround you and pour the egg yolk on you?

Internet shitposter somehow designs a more complex sub with a better warning system than the billionaire.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DesperateDan posted:

he looked so sad

like really sad

like he felt a great disturbance in the farce, as if millions of folk suddenly ate cheesy chips in front of a plasma TV and were suddenly satiated

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1675897587549732870

:allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

His complaint is that they aren't made out of expensive bits of chicken and they use a machine, but if he personally takes the chicken carcass and boils it to make stock, that I am sure is fine and good.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Imagine someone eating food made from weird animal produce like that. Not like proper British food like black pudding, made out of, err.

Or traditional cheese, which is made out of milk and milled cow stomach powder (the bit which makes it solidify).

e: Don't even get me started on caviar or jello. The garbage some people willingly eat.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 5, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The heart, lungs, and liver of a sheep, minced with onion and oatmeal, mixed with its own fat and bone stock, and cooked encased in its stomach is good traditional food. :scotland:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jedit posted:

Taking pity on Tories now? You're getting soft in your old age.

Same way I feel sorry for the little emperor who had to be taught how to brush his own teeth after the communists took over China. These people have so much money that they're barely functional as human beings.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Haggis is a lot of work to make what basically tastes like a lightly spiced human being imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Same way I feel sorry for the little emperor who had to be taught how to brush his own teeth after the communists took over China.
Brendan O'Neill's coming-of-age story where his mum makes him brush his own teeth, just like Chairman Mao's disastrous campaign in Communist China!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is that where a bunch of guys surround you and pour the egg yolk on you?

It's when Carol Vorderman has some of her gentlemen friends over for a meal.

After a hard day of inciting hatred against Tories.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/07/04/carol-voderman-inciting-hate-tories-johnny-mercer-wife/

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jamie Oliver has made entire TV series out of eating the earholes and arseholes of animals. As long as it’s something that’s been prepared by a telegenic rustic peasant in a sunlit dappled Tuscan village then it’s all good.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

His complaint is that they aren't made out of expensive bits of chicken and they use a machine, but if he personally takes the chicken carcass and boils it to make stock, that I am sure is fine and good.

I like how he mentions everything goes in, including chicken skin and bone marrow. As if those are ingredients unheard of in cuisine.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Haggis is a lot of work to make what basically tastes like a lightly spiced human being imo

There's a reason most people have it once a year.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'd eat veggie haggis every week if shops ever stocked it any time other than January.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

There's a reason most people have it once a year.

Honestly when I was in Scotland it was delicious, would eat it lots if I could get decent haggis down here. The supermarket/tinned stuff just doesn't compare.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I had black pudding every day at breakfast while I was away on holiday for 10 days.
It has really helped boost my iron so my anaemia symptoms have diminished somewhat.
Now I feel like Elizabeth Bathory.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mmmm, scabs
-

The freak who invented black pudding, probably

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

But they're made in a factory using sieves, not like natural foods that come out of a bird's cloaca or are found growing on rotting logs.

Also that a new 32" flatscreen costs less than the first month's rental on a tiny tube TV in the 60s, and not buying it and staring at the wall would save about 3p per meal over the life of the set.

Here's your one extra singular asparagu per week, now lets get back to staring at the wall.

"I don't care that you have spent 40 hours working this week then hours at home cooking, cleaning and looking after your children that pizza you ordered from Domino's just shows you are thick and lazy." - Jamie Oliver, probably.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

domhal posted:

"Right is forward," Starmer said. "Great! Live with it."

Thread title?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Caitlin Moran is BACK! with a book that is this time about men. According to this absolute slating, 13 pages in she says: "I couldn’t think of any book, play, TV show or movie that basically tells the story of how boy-children become men.” She literally cannot think of a single coming-of-age story about a boy. Not, for instance, About A Boy. Or Boyhood. Or around one billion of the world's most popular stories and film/novel/TV/comic book franchises.

I just downloaded The Wonder Years recently.

Good show that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

I've just had a blinding flash of (probably wrong) inspiration thanks to your comment here.

Pickets - scabs (unions)
Pick its - scabs (skin)

Wonder if they are related.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like haggis (like black pudding) is one of those foodstuffs that is probably quite nice if prepared right, it's just that most people only ever encounter the cheap, half-arsed version.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Mmmm, scabs
-

Cattle drovers, who could bleed the herd as they travelled without the need to slaughter the livestock.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Haggis is food of the gods.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mmmm, scabs
-

A good Ulster Fry has plenty of top quality local black AND white pudding and they are both loving delicious.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Not only is he a classist wanker, he's also taking a bunch of kids who are at a prime age for being picky eaters and attempting to make them squeamish about chicken! Is that really going to result in healthier kids, Jamie, you fat-tongued bellend

Haggis is good. I think I may have previously mentioned some haggis naan I had in a Scottish-Indian fusion place that was loving insane, but then the next time I was back in Edinburgh the place was gone :smith:

(Black pudding is also good if you get the good stuff but I don't eat pig anymore so I'd rather if noöne was allowed to enjoy it :colbert: )

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 5, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Haggis pakora is good if you can get it. I would almost revert back to omnivorism for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've just had a blinding flash of (probably wrong) inspiration thanks to your comment here.

Pickets - scabs (unions)
Pick its - scabs (skin)

Wonder if they are related.

There is a Terry Pratchett line that sticks with me "It won't get better if you picket." So you are in good company with the observation.