Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
As long as the free/basic roster can clear all content (including MoC) I'm ok with the inevitable power creep. I'm sure it's possible to 30 star MoC with the free units right now, though probably isn't easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

idk how anyone is doing 30 star on moc anyway, I've got all the banner characters except JY and it's real hard to even one start floor 7+

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I'll be shocked if this game doesn't see significant power creep over time. I hope it'll be gradual and not massive jumps like HI3, and I assume there will be some margin of error for optimized versions of the current roster to clear memory of chaos for some time after stronger characters have come out, but there's too much incentive to push people to roll for new hotness to count on there being stable power levels forever.

Turn based games do have that risk. My hope is that they tailored the system to really reward you stacking elements and playing around weaknesses generally feels much nicer than brute forcing it. So if what you want is a fire hunt specifically instead of just ~the best hunt char~ that'd be better for the game. Genshin made them all money by being casual and relaxed around power creep, so I really hope they follow its lead.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

In theory it works that way since enemies might not be weak to your top hunt character or even have resistance to that element. Unless of course they add a character that adds weakness to different elements.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Tatsuta Age posted:

idk how anyone is doing 30 star on moc anyway, I've got all the banner characters except JY and it's real hard to even one start floor 7+

Probably the kind of person who was already planning their teams before launch, is P2W, refreshes stamina eight times a day, and is hyper optimal with resource distribution. Though maybe there's a lot more wiggle room. I haven't been watching any YouTube or reading as much reddit math as I'd like to

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

Probably just a grind difference. After getting the relic and traces on you main dps your next focus should be your tank IMO. The stronger your tank is the less skill points you have to spent on keeping them alive and more can be put into damage and breaks , 2500+ def, lvl 70 and shield set helps a ton. If you use FMC as your tank put laundau choice or gepard LC on them if you can, it will make them grab most of the agro without spamming taunt and turns them into a break machine.

Get nat and bailu 4K hp and some traces on their heal stuff if you can, not sure about luocha stat breakpoints yet. The offensive support/sw should have 2.2k+ hp at least, some spd boots and increased effect rate if they need it.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Probably the kind of person who was already planning their teams before launch, is P2W, refreshes stamina eight times a day, and is hyper optimal with resource distribution. Though maybe there's a lot more wiggle room. I haven't been watching any YouTube or reading as much reddit math as I'd like to

No eidolons, limited 5* lc, stamina refreshes or even start up planning were required, just kept throwing my party at the challenge and figure out what needs improving(the answer was almost always spending to much sp on keeping my team alive).

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tagichatn posted:

In theory it works that way since enemies might not be weak to your top hunt character or even have resistance to that element. Unless of course they add a character that adds weakness to different elements.

With how they're releasing Seele, SW and Fu Xuan so close to each other they definitely intend for the mono-quantum team to be the resident broken comp for a while.

Genshin slowed down on new character releases and started rerunning banners pretty early though afaik. If that's gonna be the case here too we probably won't be experiencing too fast of a powercreep with just 1 new character every 6 weeks.

Kale
May 14, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

With how they're releasing Seele, SW and Fu Xuan so close to each other they definitely intend for the mono-quantum team to be the resident broken comp for a while.

Genshin slowed down on new character releases and started rerunning banners pretty early though afaik. If that's gonna be the case here too we probably won't be experiencing too fast of a powercreep with just 1 new character every 6 weeks.

Its more that Genshin insanely frontloaded its new characters with its Sumeru arc and hasn't really had a premium banner since the Nahida/Nilou rerun and like 3 new characters in the past 4 months. It was a veritable gauntlet of premium banners earlier in the year though. They really seem to like stacking a lot into Chinese New Year periods as well. Honkai Star Rail looks like its going to have a robust release schedule for a while though.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

AParadox posted:

No eidolons, limited 5* lc, stamina refreshes or even start up planning were required, just kept throwing my party at the challenge and figure out what needs improving(the answer was almost always spending to much sp on keeping my team alive).

That's encouraging! I haven't tried pushing yet since I got my 2nd healer, so hopefully I can get there on this reset.

I have also noticed that sometimes you can squeeze out a 3star if you let your team take some hits and don't try to keep everyone topped off all the time. So I agree with your insight about spending too much SP on heals/shields/taunts

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Loucha is great since his ultimate means those darn Mara guys don't revive.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Also I really want Yukong to be viable, but she is so skill point hungry

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Loucha is great since his ultimate means those darn Mara guys don't revive.

Yeah, and it gets rid of the life leech on the big Mara shield guy boss too. I just wish it'd get rid of the Sanction Mode on the Automaton boss. That boss is easily the most annoying non-major boss in the game.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Getting a second healer is absolutely the biggest barrier of pushing moc 5+

Zurai posted:

Yeah, and it gets rid of the life leech on the big Mara shield guy boss too. I just wish it'd get rid of the Sanction Mode on the Automaton boss. That boss is easily the most annoying non-major boss in the game.

Him + the witch that can punish you for using skills is such an evil combo they put in moc 10. I still don't know what's you are supposed to do there, my only strategy was to hunker down and wait till they let me play while praying the aurumaton don't imprison JY.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

There was someone last page who 30 starred it with a bunch of 70s. Nowhere close to optimized and probably not p2w

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What does March 7th do (mines e5 and I never use her)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

her best

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Massive shields with a side of freezing.

WizardOfWhispers
Jul 21, 2022

Meowywitch posted:

March is either a main tank with counter attacks or gives extra aggro and a shield to somebody else, then counter attacks when they get hit. Apparently a pretty solid defensive support once you get to endgame and properly gear her.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

She can face tank the world forever... until she gets cc'ed.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

my march 7 is mostly there to make sure clara gets hit as much as possible (her shield has a taunt+ effect on it), but also the shields she throws are massive and the freeze CC from her follow up attack isn't bad at all either

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Also I really want Yukong to be viable, but she is so skill point hungry

You can play her SP positive if you build her right.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Zurai posted:

I just wish it'd get rid of the Sanction Mode on the Automaton boss. That boss is easily the most annoying non-major boss in the game.

It isn't entirely obvious, due to the way sanction is described, but Qingque is pretty good against those. Sanction only triggers when you hit enemies with skills/ultimates.
Qingques skill or heals/buffs don't raise sanction and if you have e4 for her follow-up attack she ends up knocking it down without too much of a hassle, preventing further sanction gain.

I did the fire/imaginary set domain a lot and initially just thought it was inconsistent or limited per turn, but you can still use skills, just not offensive ones.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Izzhov posted:

You can play her SP positive if you build her right.

Please teach me

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Please teach me

Basically give her a fuckton of energy regen rate (and an energy regen light cone), then you can cycle Basic-Basic-Skill. Save your other chars' damaging ults for that third turn in the rotation, which will coincide with Yukong's ult.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

March is great. I've gone all in on Gepard lately but I actually used March for my MoC 3 clear and I forgot how good her ult is. Definitely needs an efh chest though.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Man I kinda want Luocha now with the way people are talking him up, but I'm not sure it's worth it if I already have Bailu. Plus there's Kafka and Fu Xuan to consider in the future.

loving gachas man.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So don't be me and forget to adjust the calix difficulty before you start, and then spend 60 energy on the level 1 calix

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
He's still just a healer and if you have two already then you're probably better off pulling someone else. I'm only going for it because he's the last piece of my 2-team puzzle.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

acumen posted:

He's still just a healer and if you have two already then you're probably better off pulling someone else. I'm only going for it because he's the last piece of my 2-team puzzle.

Thank you for talking me off that cliff

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Karanas posted:

Thank you for talking me off that cliff

:hfive: gachas can be dangerous, every banner character released so far has been worth a pull and I'm sure it's designed to be exactly that way. Everything will get powercrept eventually and there's especially no reason to get hot and bothered about a release if you already have two invested units of the same role. At the same time it's cool to pull with your heart just don't ever pull with your wallet!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Zwiebel posted:

It isn't entirely obvious, due to the way sanction is described, but Qingque is pretty good against those. Sanction only triggers when you hit enemies with skills/ultimates.

Well, hell. That helps enormously. Wish I'd known that weeks ago. Thanks for the tip!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
gonna play the stupidest all abundance run once the next one comes out

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

umm

the problem with my E5 March is I also have an E1 Gepard (and I still dont like using him either)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to clear the first 5 stages of MoC! I can only get 3 stars on the first, but it's progress.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

My MoC progress.
Just need another Preservation since a lot of my roster is so squishy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to 3 star stage 2! 12 stars MoC for TB 50 seems decent to me.

Also thanks to whoever keeps using my Sushang. The credits help in this economy.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

I'll give 8 another try before reset. Nice reminder from the MoC charts that properly invested you can make a bunch of different team comps and characters work.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tagichatn posted:

Adding weaknesses doesn't remove resistances. You can be strong against Quantum and weak against Quantum at the same time. Resistance only affects damage taken, while weakness only affects the toughness bar.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Stage 1 and 2. I might manage stars on 3, but 4 and 5 would be nearly impossible right now. 6 is a hard stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1676803717788745728

Oh they're really pushing mono Quantum