Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Price controls and windfall taxes are unamerican so we just hike the arbitrary Cost of Money Number until a lot of people and businesses go broke and hope that makes the megacorps stop raising prices, or maybe they'll just incidentally decide to stop hiking prices while we're doing that. Either way, victory is finally at hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Vox Nihili posted:

Price controls and windfall taxes are unamerican so we just hike the arbitrary Cost of Money Number until a lot of people and businesses go broke and hope that makes the megacorps stop raising prices, or maybe they'll just incidentally decide to stop hiking prices while we're doing that. Either way, victory is finally at hand.

Sales price increases can no longer compensate for the drawdown on demand

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

Never watched it either but am thinking about it, posts some thoughts like a season in to help me decide if its worth the time thanks.

I think I am about halfway through season 1. It took a couple of episodes to establish all the players and everything, but once that was all done it has been pretty decent sci-if so far. I can definitely see the influences on early Deep Space 9.

The CGI is a little rough, but it isn’t unwatchable bad or anything. Just really low frame rate and blocky space ships. But they don’t spend a lot of time in space shots so far. It’s more establishing shots and then cutting to the cockpit or interior of the B5 station.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

It did but then zucc laid off a shitload of people and teased a twitter knockoff and it hit a 52 week high today

incredible hahaha

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China needs to beg. They will beg.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
bull market ftw

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Shear Modulus posted:

It did but then zucc laid off a shitload of people and teased a twitter knockoff and it hit a 52 week high today
If you bought META after the bad earnings statement last winter (~$90/share) you would have more than tripled your money since ($294/share today).

Watching one of the top 10 largest stocks in the world go from share price of $300 to under $100 and back to $300 in just a year and a half is certainly...something.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Well it's not like there's any meaningful production of value to assess American companies on anymore.

It's all "in 5 years, how much rent seeking will they be doing"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
if affirmative action dying also kills legacy admissions that would be funny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ikanreed posted:

Well it's not like there's any meaningful production of value to assess American companies on anymore.

It's all "in 5 years, how much rent seeking will they be doing"

lol it’s not even that, it would at least be more rational if it’s based on rent seeking futures. it’s merely how much will other rubes value this techno goldrush meme shovel in 5 years? to da fomo moon!”

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Orange Devil posted:

Never watched it either but am thinking about it, posts some thoughts like a season in to help me decide if its worth the time thanks.
the show has some high highs and low lows, but those highs are loving incredible. and even the lackluster episodes usually have an important b-plot or something that fits in with the larger picture.

season 1 is inconsistent in that way, but i say watch it all. it's also very horny and full of freaks.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Jel Shaker posted:

the precedent would be the soviets made good on the tsarist bonds prior to the revolution, however they were at a position of weakness and Xi can just tell these guys to get stuffed

???

I swear that the Soviets refused to pay Imperial Russian debts and those didn't get paid until the 1990s after the Soviet Union collapsed.

Russia and the West agreed they'd be paid off using the Imperial reserves that had been sitting in Western banks for 70 years.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

A Flintstones house in Mexico runs $2000-$2500/night for rentals.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1676599171225206790?s=20

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

A Flintstones house in Mexico runs $2000-$2500/night for rentals.

ok i mean this is literally the only good thing airbnb is good for tho

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Lmao legendary actor

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Subvisual Haze posted:

If you bought META after the bad earnings statement last winter (~$90/share) you would have more than tripled your money since ($294/share today).

Watching one of the top 10 largest stocks in the world go from share price of $300 to under $100 and back to $300 in just a year and a half is certainly...something.

It shows the greatest economy in action, you doomer. Welcome to the roaring twenties.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OhFunny posted:

???

I swear that the Soviets refused to pay Imperial Russian debts and those didn't get paid until the 1990s after the Soviet Union collapsed.

Russia and the West agreed they'd be paid off using the Imperial reserves that had been sitting in Western banks for 70 years.

yeah the USSR refused to pay a cent of the enormous debt and instead seized foreign assets in the country. saying the soviets "made good on the tsarist bonds" is as false as a statement as could be conceived about the situation

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

I knew it was Scott Baio before even clicking the video.

Isn’t he a pedo and a rapist

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Lmao legendary actor

Who is Legendary Actor and what films has he been in? Google search comes up with nothing and everything. Sounds like one of those made up names for people that don't exist, like Rip Torn and Slim Pickens.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lmao legendary actor

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah the USSR refused to pay a cent of the enormous debt and instead seized foreign assets in the country. saying the soviets "made good on the tsarist bonds" is as false as a statement as could be conceived about the situation

heres a picture of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of French aristocrats clinging to 100 year-old Tsarist debt instruments in a court room in 2001

very inspiring, really shows that if you work hard your entire life and inherit imperial debt from wealthy parents you can eventually die a slightly richer ancient ghoul

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao legendary actor

who is it ?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

euphronius posted:

who is it ?

Scott Baio

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I kinda want an imperial bond or whatever. Think they'd sell me one for a couple of bucks?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1676665240019259399?t=fc-xE6vWatW2aAkA4yupCA&s=19

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

At least it didn't end up like the Foxconn Wisconsin 'deal'! *taps head*

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

if affirmative action dying also kills legacy admissions that would be funny

Probably the opposite

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

like the Arab Spring but

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

thank u Joe for stopping the perfidious sneaky cheating Chinese man

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the data behind this is loving nuts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Time times of plenty are over.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

They can just eat cake instead? :confused:

Also the OP complain about people in the replies saying fake news and fake data and whatnot and lol, I'm sure that's partly organic grassroots idiocy and troll farms. Everything is fake, or a distraction from Hunter Biden.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

holy poo poo.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Isn’t he a pedo and a rapist

aren’t they all……? :confused:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

what was trump doing in 2018-2019 to make it plateau

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Everyone's just eating cheaper at home instead of going to restaurants, right?

:ohdear: right?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
In a food shortage wouldn't spending on food go up? And total calories consumed would go down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Vox Nihili posted:

lockdowns did this