Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

as much as i love getting high, i got to praise CBD.

yes its value as a "miracle drug" is well overstated and there's a lot of scammy CBD related poo poo out there. but there is something its extemely good at. for the last three decades of my life i have been plagued by occasional back muscle spasms that get so bad they are completely debilitating. when i would get them i would be unable to walk or function for a bout three or four days until they subsided, and while traditional painkillers and muscle relaxants kind of ease them a bit, they dont do much. CBD however just makes them go away instantly. its absolutely surreal. like just five minutes ago i felt that horrible twinge that meant one was about to kick in and within five minutes felt my body starting to fold up but i found a 2:1 cart i had from several months ago and after just a couple hits the whole process just stops, its really amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah CBD gets a bad rap either as a do nothing distraction from THC or overhyped.

Personally I find it's actually a pretty decent, if subtle mood lifter. Got a bunch of chores to do around the house but trapped under a mountain of ennui? CBD lozenge and about an hour later suddenly things seem much less difficult and I have a motivation bump to do it.

It doesn't get me high, but it does get me moving.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1UO2PVJUks

Wee fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 4, 2023

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyLqWk9C4ZA

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
i burned the tip of my nose trying to smoke out of an apple, but at least today I can tell people it was fireworks

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

CBD is an excellent muscle relaxant and pain reliever, I've explicitly kept my ABV from my dry vape to make higher CBD ratio edibles for pain relief focused stuff

tastes like poo poo but it's somewhat effective, it does need a lot of vaped matter though

Scrotum Modem posted:

i miss the classic strains

the last one i had was many years ago, Northern Lights. got before I let my medical card expire due to recreational legalization in michigan

and what I loved about it was that I just bought a quarter oz and after the bud dude weighed and bagged it, I realized what I received was this tiny tiny piece of a nug and then this massive thing that looked like a miniature christmas tree

depending on where you're at you might be able to get some of the classic strains. northern lights was still kicking around some dispensaries in the pacific northwest a few years last I checked before I moved down to the southwest; that was the main strain I was using for treating my chronic migraines

dervival fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 5, 2023

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Faustian Bargain posted:

any recommendations for a dab rig? i’m sick of clogging carts but the only thing i have for shatter is my starship and it makes a huge mess of the glass.

i’d prefer something portable/discreet but easy to clean is my biggest preference.
still lookin for a response to this, bless

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Faustian Bargain posted:

still lookin for a response to this, bless

Probably considered expensive but the easiest to use rig I've got is what I affectionately refer to as the glass dildo, or the Focus V Carta. Looks like they have a 2 now for nearly twice the price.

https://focusv.com/pages/carta-classic

Cleaning the 1 is a bitch but I've had it a couple of years now as a near daily user, dropped it hard and the glass is durable AF, and I've always been able to unclog it and it's still functional so worth my investment. It's definitely portable and discreet.

Cleaning the glass part and the various components is easy with some salt and alcohol but I don't know if it's possible to get into the base so when it gets gummed up I get creative with blowing into it or fashioning some cleaning sticks from Q-tips to cram into the little exit hole. It's a pain in the rear end (if anyone has this thing and knows a better way, speak up).

My neighbor has a setup that I believe is probably one of the easiest and convenient rig setups, requiring essentially no cleaning, but I don't know what the thing he uses is called.

It's like a tube/pipe, that has an electric coil for dabbing at the end. Super small and basic. My neighbor just straight-up sticks that thing into his dab container and sucks straight from that. When he's home he can hook the end of it to a tube and ferry it into a glass piece.

I'm watching his plants so I could theoretically go take a picture of it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Alright I did some recon and brand was printed right on it and here it is: https://www.lookah.com/vaporizers/dab-pen-and-wax-pen/lookah-seahorse-pro.html

Note: I have never ordered anything from that website, he got it at a local shop but that is 100% the product.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Weed? Pfft.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jelly posted:

Alright I did some recon and brand was printed right on it and here it is: https://www.lookah.com/vaporizers/dab-pen-and-wax-pen/lookah-seahorse-pro.html

Note: I have never ordered anything from that website, he got it at a local shop but that is 100% the product.
this looks great thanks, i’ll let you know how it goes

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I use a Lookah Seahorse Pro Plus as part of my daily driver setup. I use the water pipe adaptor to go to glass and I like it. It's sort of too much for me not through water. The Pro has a better cap, the Pro Plus has a magnetic cap and the magnets are weak. But then the Pro Plus has USB C charging vs Mini on the Pro.

Main cleaning tip is that the right since allen wrench is a perfect pokey if the Seahorse itself gets clogged.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
CBD got me through some oral surgery, specifically extractions and implants. It would just nuke the throbbing pain and put me a more relaxed state. CBD also has done wonders for anxiety in that it helps with it, doesn't cure it by any means, but helps without major side effects. No grogginess, no staring at a wall empty headedness, etc.

Also taking CBD with THC makes the THC way more fun imo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wish CBD did anything at all for me. like anything. it currently does nothing.

THC on the other hand...that poo poo is lit af.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Durban Poison is my go-to these days, it wakes me up and gets me in a perma chill yet productive kind of mindset with minimal munchies

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My best friend just got his prescription and we're celebrating by taking our weed on a weekend bicycle tour to the UK to make longbows in the woods with some guy and get high AF legally the whole time.

Currently on the overnight ferry getting high in the club lounge and eating all the complimentary shortbread

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please
all the 1 gram carts (mostly live resin, some distillate) i've used for the past ~2 years:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Dawg I’m gonna start smoking more joints, that seems like a lot of waste and I love my carts

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It sucks there’s no recycling for all the waste, especially since a lot of this stuff has too much packaging.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

You know you can buy a refillable/rechargeable one with a threaded mouthpiece and use a plastic syringe to squirt the resin into the holding tank.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
all carts are refillable if you try hard enough

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Chief McHeath posted:

all carts are refillable if you try hard enough

I will actually buy a syringe and reuse the ones that have the mouthpiece screw off occasionally.

Not more than once though, I’m sure the wicks and atomizer need changing and all that eventually

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They should all be ceramic disc “wicks”. They’ll work until either a) they’re constantly clogging or b) they’re so covered in gunk the vapor tastes bad. You can probably count on at least four fills.

You can also just buy refillable carts for about $5 each then just buy syringes of distillate or live resin (rather than prefilled vape carts) and fill them to save a few bucks.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Weed is necessary for me for anxiety and appetite but of course I also enjoy how it feels.

I'm finally realizing that dabs and pens don't really scratch the itch like flower does, which is a bit confusing to me because they're supposed to be more concentrated. They work fine they just don't last.

Generally I'll smoke like half a bowl of flower (one puff) and go 4-5 hours before I think about smoking again. Two full puffs from a cart won't get me to that same level, and neither will a fat dab that yields like 2-3 huge clouds.

This made travel a bit of a struggle until I discovered that edibles work as well as flower does. I won't really get the same high from them but they take care of everything properly.

RSO works even better. Those syringes are pretty suspect, but I'm just now realizing that is probably one of the most discreet options available when mixed with snacks or food. I took some RSO before my last trip to the airport and it annihilated my anxiety in ways I'd never experienced.

I'm thinking maybe if I just go straight flower when I'm at home, when I do travel, my body won't be acclimated to concentrates and they'll work better.

The carts that are focused on "terps" never do poo poo for me at all so I avoid them. I have the best luck with the rosin ones.

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You know you can buy a refillable/rechargeable one with a threaded mouthpiece and use a plastic syringe to squirt the resin into the holding tank.

i considered that but i don't know where to get bulk live resin or how much it would cost, how to store it, etc..

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
What do you mean by “bulk” and where do you live? Storage is out of sunlight and not too hot, just like your carts.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Here's short guide on how to refill a cart lifted from an online vape store.
https://vimeo.com/383326955

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
A few weeks ago my backyard got ripped up and regraded. Grass is really starting to come back and tonight while I was smoking weed and watering the yard a toad hopped across the yard to hang out in the shower.

It was magical.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
stay hydrated yard frog

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Jelly posted:

Weed is necessary for me for anxiety and appetite but of course I also enjoy how it feels.

I'm finally realizing that dabs and pens don't really scratch the itch like flower does, which is a bit confusing to me because they're supposed to be more concentrated. They work fine they just don't last.

Generally I'll smoke like half a bowl of flower (one puff) and go 4-5 hours before I think about smoking again. Two full puffs from a cart won't get me to that same level, and neither will a fat dab that yields like 2-3 huge clouds.

This made travel a bit of a struggle until I discovered that edibles work as well as flower does. I won't really get the same high from them but they take care of everything properly.

RSO works even better. Those syringes are pretty suspect, but I'm just now realizing that is probably one of the most discreet options available when mixed with snacks or food. I took some RSO before my last trip to the airport and it annihilated my anxiety in ways I'd never experienced.

I'm thinking maybe if I just go straight flower when I'm at home, when I do travel, my body won't be acclimated to concentrates and they'll work better.

The carts that are focused on "terps" never do poo poo for me at all so I avoid them. I have the best luck with the rosin ones.

hm. given that flower works, edibles mostly work, and RSOs work, I'm wondering if there's something getting stripped in the concentration process that you're needing. I don't think it's an acclimation issue you're having here, at the very least.

any idea what cbd content any of this had? That's usually a better go to than THC for anxiety from what I've seen, though I'm not a professional; given it's not psychoactive that might be getting filtered out in the vape carts/dabs, too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

flower overall tastes really good and is good, and jah provide so take that haters.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

a few years ago i was on tour in australia and was down to one nearly full cart and it broke. but i still had an empty! and the mouthpiece came right off. being from the us i assumed a syringe would be easy to get hold of so that i could do the transfer, but in australia apparently syringes are a highly restricted item. you cant even get like a toner syringe at an office supply place, which is crazy. in the us you can get basic plastic syringes at any pharmacy. people in downtown sydney were looking at my like i was up to some sketchy poo poo just for asking!

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 6, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
u were up to some sketchy poo poo tho

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Philthy posted:

u were up to some sketchy poo poo tho

Tourist OP was definitely looking to inject some lethal concoction of THC/CBD into their retinas before going to the beach. Just saw a brand new three-letter acronym advertised at a local weed store. Forget the letters, but apparently it helps with your sex life.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

you ever seen a koala? now that's some sketchy poo poo right there.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

dervival posted:

hm. given that flower works, edibles mostly work, and RSOs work, I'm wondering if there's something getting stripped in the concentration process that you're needing. I don't think it's an acclimation issue you're having here, at the very least.

any idea what cbd content any of this had? That's usually a better go to than THC for anxiety from what I've seen, though I'm not a professional; given it's not psychoactive that might be getting filtered out in the vape carts/dabs, too.
This is my (based on nothing) theory as well.

During a high anxiety episode I tried 200mg of CBD from a tincture multiple times and it did absolutely nothing for me. Like I could feel how it was relaxing my body but it wasn't working on the emotional anxiety.

But those 2:1 or 1:1 edibles will floor me. These ones in particular: https://www.dropscandies.com/ (live rosin), but I'm skeptical pure CBD would provide the same effect but it seems if anything I should try it in flower form (hemp flower) or edibles.

I tried some THC/CBG joints and the CBG had a nice relaxing effect in combination with the THC. While it was short-lived it was very relaxing, and it's also supposed to stimulate appetite for those of us whose anxiety is directly connected to our stomachs. Those joints burned very evenly and dense, like it took a lot of work to put them out.

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

What do you mean by “bulk” and where do you live? Storage is out of sunlight and not too hot, just like your carts.

I mean like, 50 - 100 grams of live resin, enough to keep refilling 1g carts, is going to be enough to fill a glass jar or something, and I don't know where to buy that much (I'm in Cali, but south Orange County, where there's only delivery services and you have to drive 40 mins north to find brick & mortar dispensaries).

Re: storing it, I like to store my pre-filled carts in the refridgerator and then thaw them before use (to keep terps from degrading), a big jar of live resin is gonna take forever to thaw, and this is all getting so complicated im gonna take a big ol hit and do something else rn:350:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

got some new carts they're gonna be lit:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Reaganomicon posted:

I mean like, 50 - 100 grams of live resin, enough to keep refilling 1g carts, is going to be enough to fill a glass jar or something, and I don't know where to buy that much (I'm in Cali, but south Orange County, where there's only delivery services and you have to drive 40 mins north to find brick & mortar dispensaries).

Re: storing it, I like to store my pre-filled carts in the refridgerator and then thaw them before use (to keep terps from degrading), a big jar of live resin is gonna take forever to thaw, and this is all getting so complicated im gonna take a big ol hit and do something else rn:350:
I don’t live in CA and I’m not a legal expert, but it appears CA law says the daily purchase limit of concentrates is 8000mg (of THC, so probably 9-10 grams of actual oil). So I’d guess legally buying 50 grams in one shot is out.

I would guess the best you’d find is a dispensary having a special on 1g oil syringes where it’s like “buy 8 for the price of six”. Whether it’s worth it, I’m basing it on how things are in my medical-only state where a 1g syringe + your own cart is about 25-40% cheaper than just buying a 1g prefilled vape cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

legal limit should be your body weight in dabs