Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Crowetron posted:

Sometimes games have a button you can press to make an arrow briefly appear or shift your camera towards the next plot objective. I think that's a nice option and wish I could have it more often over the character repeating the same two lines over and over while I try to look around.

imagine hating disabled people this much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Terrible Opinions posted:

Imagine being the sort of person posts on twittering their capacity as a video game developer tying their twitter to their worklife. It's already self-selecting for the stupidest humans who have ever lived.

many game developers are, uh, not good

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
I will simply play games like Elden Ring and Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, which do not have these problems.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Elden Ring even has glowing lines that tell you where to go

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i fed an apple to the iwata stag in tears of the kingdom once and it was the worst mistake of my life

ubisoft is the real pandemic of our age

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol thinking about that resetera thread about elden ring

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Elden Ring even has glowing lines that tell you where to go

it’s a very pretty game

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

I will simply play games like Elden Ring and Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, which do not have these problems.

Wisdom

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lol i dont remember what led me to go find out but the conversation the past few pages reminds me i skimmed phil's metroid dread playthrough a while ago and he effortlessly no-sells that one room that gave the god of war creator an existential crisis

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Violen posted:

lol i dont remember what led me to go find out but the conversation the past few pages reminds me i skimmed phil's metroid dread playthrough a while ago and he effortlessly no-sells that one room that gave the god of war creator an existential crisis

phil rules

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
phil will beat something i struggled with effortlessly and then get stuck trying to open a door for two hours lol it rules

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Someone in the Street Fighter 6 thread pointed out that DSP actually has an exceptionally good reaction time, but instead of using it to win he uses it to complain about how cheap something is milliseconds after he gets hit

Jinh posted:

The funniest part of the dsp clip is that he reacts to the DI frame 1 with raging, before the attack connects he's fully throwing his hands in the air. His reactions are actually mad good but he only uses them to complain

mycot fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 6, 2023

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Crowetron posted:

Sometimes games have a button you can press to make an arrow briefly appear or shift your camera towards the next plot objective. I think that's a nice option and wish I could have it more often over the character repeating the same two lines over and over while I try to look around.

Dead Space remains the goat for this. I like having those options in the same way that having a ton of accessibility options is badass. I don't need them but it's good that they're there. Just let me toggle poo poo

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Violen posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mycot posted:

Someone in the Street Fighter 6 thread pointed out that DSP actually has an exceptionally good reaction time, but instead of using it to win he uses it to complain about how cheap something is milliseconds after he gets hit

his inputs are getting dropped dude nothing he could do learn the lore

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Phil plays with joy and cholesterol in his heart

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol thinking of that detractor video where phil unlocked ultra instinct and the part where goku hemorrhaged blooded was instead phil hemorrhaging money

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Drinkslinger posted:

that’s always been a TES thing though

Lol at being the Nerevarine who saved Morrowind from Dagoth Ur, and all you get for your trouble is “We’re watching you… scum!” from the Ordinators

When you speak to regular people after the main quest they thank you for being like, Jesus, and when you speak to ordinators they start praying

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Endorph posted:

not only do most western aaa games do this multiple people said elden ring not doing this was proof it hated disabled people

This poo poo drives me mad because I think there's room for a lot of cool discussion on variable difficulty design and other accessibility options. Plus a particular way you could examine how Elden Ring rides so well on the way Soulslike Conceits have become normalized over the past decade+ to the point that the previously biggest barrier, the mechanical opacity of the games, is drastically reduced.

And instead it's like there's this psyop to have the most unlikable person around write the same thinkpiece over and over saying "I'm a 40 year old with two small children and a 9-5 job and From Software oppresses me personally by not allowing me to beat the game when I only have an hour of free time daily. Whine whine whine for 5 more paragraphs. Oh also I can't imagine how those poor cripples ever deal with this perfidious east asian game."

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The idiots who write those articles are the same dudes who cover their eyes while playing Yakuza. Pathetic performative bullshit stfu

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

DaysBefore posted:

dudes who cover their eyes while playing Yakuza

Say what now

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I think they're referring to like the unlockable softcore videos in some of them

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

TLDR: Some kotaku guy would cover his eyes when women in bikinis appeared in the Yakuza game or somethjbg

E: Reddit link that was here sucked and was boring

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ive been playing bannerlord a bit recently. its good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

TLDR: Some kotaku guy would cover his eyes when women in bikinis appeared in the Yakuza game or somethjbg

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/5t3aln/manchild_blues_patrick_klepek_on_yakuza_0_i_have/

lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol thinking about that resetera thread about elden ring

lol the one where some woman beat it with her feat and that was bad because she had arms/hands? classic of threads

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bannerlord is indeed good

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/5t3aln/manchild_blues_patrick_klepek_on_yakuza_0_i_have/

lmfao goddamn

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

copy posted:

lol the one where some woman beat it with her feat and that was bad because she had arms/hands? classic of threads

the very same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have a cousin whos literally medically retarded and hes beaten dark souls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one time i asked him if he had internet and he went 'iunno what that is'

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Endorph posted:

one time i asked him if he had internet and he went 'iunno what that is'

jealous

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Buschmaki posted:

When you speak to regular people after the main quest they thank you for being like, Jesus, and when you speak to ordinators they start praying
Really? My playthrough must have glitched because I never got any of that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genuinely

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Violen posted:

i fed an apple to the iwata stag in tears of the kingdom once and it was the worst mistake of my life

i was so glad when that poo poo faded away. i already get a glowing rabbit to show if im close, gently caress off with god pillars

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
polygon and kotaku will have 1 "it's kinda weird this company has a team of psychologists specializing in addiction, gambling, autism and ocd" article in a sea of "how to min/max this adventure game and make multiplayer a job" and think that's progress rather than obfuscation

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

polygon and kotaku will have 1 "it's kinda weird this company has a team of psychologists specializing in addiction, gambling, autism and ocd" article in a sea of "how to min/max this adventure game and make multiplayer a job" and think that's progress rather than obfuscation

lol makin me think of "rome makes a desert and calls it peace" for some reason

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

phil will beat something i struggled with effortlessly and then get stuck trying to open a door for two hours lol it rules

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

his inputs are getting dropped dude nothing he could do learn the lore

phil ftw

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
links never allowed to speak because the second he does hes gonna start quipping about torches and blocks in the voice from the 80s cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

copy posted:

lol makin me think of "rome makes a desert and calls it peace" for some reason

Spyro takes a poo poo and calls it a sandwich