Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Euphoriaphone posted:

yup. in order to appear "balanced" when they decided to shutter the_donald they chose to also shut down the most popular left-wing sub, which was chapo's sub
Makes sense, chapo is as important to the left as trump to the right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

imagine they actually shut down like the samantha bee subreddit

i am assuming such a cursed place exists, do not confirm or deny to me thanks

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there is the r/blackwolffeed subreddit which is still around afaik, you can download pirated links to chapo episodes and scream about whether the episodes is bad or not

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

I thought they shut it down the chapo subreddit at the same time they closed their trump subreddit

lobster shirt posted:

there is the r/blackwolffeed subreddit which is still around afaik, you can download pirated links to chapo episodes and scream about whether the episodes is bad or not

yep that's the one. it's good for a laugh if your idea of humor is people constantly bitching that they didn't cover x issue in the news that week

them largely glossing over the billionaire fun sub blowing up was a recent point of contention

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
for a weirder experience consult the comments on the official chapo youtube where you'll find the same insane posters as reddit but Elder Millenial and Gen X age

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Euphoriaphone posted:

yup. in order to appear "balanced" when they decided to shutter the_donald they chose to also shut down the most popular left-wing sub, which was chapo's sub

don't forget r/cumtown

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

insane clown pussy posted:

yep that's the one. it's good for a laugh if your idea of humor is people constantly bitching that they didn't cover x issue in the news that week

them largely glossing over the billionaire fun sub blowing up was a recent point of contention

it was a point of contention over here too :mrgw:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dr. Killjoy posted:

for a weirder experience consult the comments on the official chapo youtube where you'll find the same insane posters as reddit but Elder Millenial and Gen X age

sounds like this thread, as well

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
chapo check

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
where's the zoomer chapo chat

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

where's the zoomer chapo chat

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=227836

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

the chapo subreddit has had a collective meltdown over it the past couple days, which isn't exactly saying a lot

What was their take, I don't remember

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

KomradeX posted:

college is gay

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

KomradeX posted:

saying college should be abolished is bad and they're only saying that because they all went to expensive little lord fauntleroy small liberal arts schools and not the glorious people's state university of division 1 sports

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Popy posted:

college is gay

saying college should be abolished is bad and they're only saying that because they all went to expensive little lord fauntleroy small liberal arts schools and not the glorious people's state university of division 1 sports

Oh yeab thats right. As someone who went to a public university, yeah they're not wrong

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
spent all ur time partying for 100k… time to pay up kid!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

will is right

college in its current form exists only to maintain socioeconomic stratification and credentialism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
chapo is CANCELLED

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IMO replace college with 4 years of just hanging out. Just give everyone the option to go live in Young People Towns without all this fuss about classes/grades.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

so basically college as it currently exists

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the chapo subreddit has had a collective meltdown over it the past couple days, which isn't exactly saying a lot

chapo check

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i liked the last chapo episode, now that i have listened to it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
pre-emptive yawn at more news about that wacky mayor of new york the big apple the city of lights the city of dreams if you can make it here you can make it anywhere

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

crepeface posted:

pre-emptive yawn at more news about that wacky mayor of new york the big apple the city of lights the city of dreams if you can make it here you can make it anywhere

nyc sucks rear end, fake rear end dirty city with no culture and no landmarks or history of note

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I hate every borough except Manhattan

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

i think we might be entering a golden age of kooks in our politics

eric adams, rfk jr, kamala, 2/3 of the current republican presidential field, etc

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

crepeface posted:

I want all the news about him. The most recent one is a little boring I spose. I wonder how that embezzling drill priest is doing?

e: oh I just saw the police photo thing. lol

Quotey has issued a correction as of 13:05 on Jul 7, 2023

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

so basically college as it currently exists

yeah except without the part where we exclude poor people/anyone not comfortable with saddling themselves with 50-100k in debt

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

congratulations on chapo producer chris finally managing to add sound effects and clips in a not terrible way

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think we might be entering a golden age of kooks in our politics

eric adams, rfk jr, kamala, 2/3 of the current republican presidential field, etc

I don't remember hearing much weirdo poo poo with kamala, what'd she do

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i say swears online posted:

she's just a really weird and offputting person

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

well yeah that's obvious but I was expecting some rasputin poo poo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

well yeah that's obvious but I was expecting some rasputin poo poo

she's an empty careerist husk of a person so she's not interesting enough for any of that imo

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

if biden croaks she's 100% going full hotep

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Will and Felix both went to elite universities and Matt puttered around grad school supported by his ex wife. That’s before 2/3 moved to LA presumably for media careers. They have not had hard lives, and 2/3 had a huge cushion of family money, even while loving around after graduating, one had a sinecure in publishing.

That they’re saying “who cares about college?”, just like them bitching about cyclists, just shows that they have no idea what it’s like for people trying to have a decent life these days, where undergrad is needed for any professional job, and so income to live without parents or roommates.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Frosted Flake posted:

Will and Felix both went to elite universities and Matt puttered around grad school supported by his ex wife. That’s before 2/3 moved to LA presumably for media careers. They have not had hard lives, and 2/3 had a huge cushion of family money, even while loving around after graduating, one had a sinecure in publishing.

That they’re saying “who cares about college?”, just like them bitching about cyclists, just shows that they have no idea what it’s like for people trying to have a decent life these days, where undergrad is needed for any professional job, and so income to live without parents or roommates.

drat, almost as if this is a systemic issue that could be solved with free college and higher wages for non-degree jobs.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

not my problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i thought felix went to cook county community college or w/e