Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

It's extraordinarily easy to ID the cards on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Artelier posted:

Just to be clear, hje can also see face down cards (like that location where cards aren't revealed), not just the cards that were dropped on that specific turn.

Daredevil is basically Perfect Knowledge Turn 5 and I love him for it

Did this change recently? A couple weeks ago my opponent had Invisible Woman on the board, and while my DD showed me the T5 card he played in that lane, he had another one from T4 that stayed hidden.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 6, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Canopus250 posted:

It's extraordinarily easy to ID the cards on pc

I've only ever played mobile. And nobody can pretend this looks like anything.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Hobo Clown posted:

Did this change recently? A couple weeks ago my opponent had Invisible Woman on the board, and while my DD showed me the T5 card he played in that lane, he had another one from T4 that stayed hidden.

Yeah this doesn't seem true. Citation needed?

Also, made it to infinite. Much harder than the last few months, my sleeper Moon Girl + She-Hulk deck didn't work anymore.

Played Hi Evo Control/Lockdown:

Nebula
Sunspot
Jeff
Storm
Cyclops
Iron Lad
High Evo
Spider-Man
Professor X
Doctor Doom
Hulk
America Chavez

Nebula and/or Sunspot somewhere (on a location that's already revealed), Storm it, then chuck Cyclops (or anything you can afford) on it for good measure.

By then it's turn 5 and you hopefully have Spider-Man and/or Professor X in hand. (Or Iron Lad to try and high-roll it.) Which one you play is a judgment call, depending on board state and what you have in hand and what your opponent is playing.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

2nd/3rding that in my experience daredevil shows you cards played that turn into invisible woman/dark dimension but not older ones

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Why the hell would daredevil tell you about anything that happened before turn 5

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, but the whole game comes to a halt and the new cards are highlighted.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

uXs posted:

Yeah this doesn't seem true. Citation needed?

His text* says "On turn 5, you get to see your opponent's plays before your make your own."

*not that the text is always accurate

I think the way to look at it is in different categories

Card played T5, no Invisible Woman - See card
Card played T5, Invisible Woman - See card
Card played prior to T5, Invisible Woman - Don't see card since it wasn't "played" this turn"

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Devo posted:

So the card is being copied before the on reveal is finished? That's so rear end backwards.

Sinister London would copy the card after the on reveal, but the on reveal bestows the move ability only to the card that Phoenix Force merged with. Phoenix Force didn't merge with the copy of the revived card, so the copy doesn't get to move.

I guess technically it makes sense, but intuitively you would assume that a copy would copy every aspect of original card.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

cgeq posted:

Sinister London would copy the card after the on reveal, but the on reveal bestows the move ability only to the card that Phoenix Force merged with. Phoenix Force didn't merge with the copy of the revived card, so the copy doesn't get to move.

I guess technically it makes sense, but intuitively you would assume that a copy would copy every aspect of original card.

Nothing about it makes sense with how the rest of the game treats copies.

If a card is fundamentally changed like in the case of iron lad, absorbing man, or mystique, the copies are post change with all the attributes and qualities of the card after it was altered. The fact that phoenix is supposed to be a copy of the card merged with a dead card + move ability where any copies don't share all aspects of the original has got to be a bug.

Why it isn't as simple as 'if dead card exists then add stats and then apply card text plus move ability and original text is removed' I can't fathom. It is most certainly their ineptitude to apply the move state on top of the new card text that's fuckin things up

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 6, 2023

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

New Leaf posted:

This has to be on PC though, right? I can't make out anything on mobile.. Just red wiggly circles.

Nah. I only play on my phone. Some characters certainly stick out more than others.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, that seems like a bug. I play on mobile and it definitely gives me the card preview

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Scrap Dragon posted:

Yeah, that seems like a bug. I play on mobile and it definitely gives me the card preview

That's how it looks on mine on mobile, too, though. The wavy red lines are a reminder to tap on the card.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's definitely a bug, just took this on my phone

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

Wow, mine definitely does not look like that either. Are you on Android or iPhone?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Wow, mine definitely does not look like that either. Are you on Android or iPhone?

Can confirm that’s what it looks like on my iPhone X.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Opopanax posted:

Whoa, that isn't what it looks like on my Android.

edit: New Leaf I hope you're on Android.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's on Android, Pixel 6

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Sean posted:

Whoa, that isn't what it looks like on my Android.

edit: New Leaf I hope you're on Android.

Android, Samsung A71.. That's really not fair. :(

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I wonder if High/Medium/Low graphics settings on mobile make a difference. Although I play on Low and I've definitely seen the cards through the wavy red lines before.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I doubt it, I've been on High as long as I've played.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Yeah, am also on Android. :(

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

i decided against hoarding for spotlight reserves, so i dumped my 9000 credits and 8 reserves. came away with 4300 tokens, stegron and iron lad. pretty not bad.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'll be hitting cl 4000 without a single s5

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
So far this is my favorite version of the Phoenix deck.

quote:

# (1) Iron Fist
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Dagger
# (2) Ghost-Spider
# (2) Multiple Man
# (3) Venom
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Nimrod
# (5) Phoenix Force
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhZ2dlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RTcGlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik11bHRpcGxlTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWZW5vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsa2J1c3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaW1yb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZVBob2VuaXhGb3JjZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVpbWRhbGwifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It had multiple degenerate plays thanks to the overlapping enablers.

Multiple Man > Destroy > Shuri? > Force > Move + Heimdall/Ghost Spider is ideal.
Since you rarely get the ideal, you can draw and kill Multiple Man as late as turn 4 with Carnage and still have a good play to end.
In a pinch, you can make do with Dagger instead of Multiple Man.

The other plan is Shuri > Nimrod > 2x Destroy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

I doubt it, I've been on High as long as I've played.

I'm on low so that's definitely not it. Just file a bug report

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

This is how it's always looked on my Galaxy S22, medium quality.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Same here, Galaxy S20+, medium and high. Never see through the red outline

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

This is how it's always looked on my Galaxy S22, medium quality.

Does anyone with an iPhone see the above or are we all good over here?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sandwolf posted:

Does anyone with an iPhone see the above or are we all good over here?
I always get the proper Daredevil vision where you can see the art bleeding through on my iPhone.

Also, if there's a funnier play than Doc Ock onto Rickety Bridge, I don't know it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m on an iPhone and can see the character outlines through the card.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CapnAndy posted:

I always get the proper Daredevil vision where you can see the art bleeding through on my iPhone.

Also, if there's a funnier play than Doc Ock onto Rickety Bridge, I don't know it.

Iron Fist into Doc Ock on Rickety Bridge.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

New Leaf posted:

Android, Samsung A71.. That's really not fair. :(

If you felt bad about that I'm genuinely sorry.

My intent, if it matters, was that following the conversation earlier today about not knowing-ish about tapping that it turns out it's vastly less obvious on Android and I hoped us all figuring the visual difference per platform was comforting.

Sorry.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The day we find out that New Leaf isn't that dumb, they just have a dogshit phone

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Sean posted:

If you felt bad about that I'm genuinely sorry.

My intent, if it matters, was that following the conversation earlier today about not knowing-ish about tapping that it turns out it's vastly less obvious on Android and I hoped us all figuring the visual difference per platform was comforting.

Sorry.

Oh no, I meant it wasn't fair that certain Android phones can't see the character, I didn't think you were poking fun at me or my phone or something. I think this was a good learning experience.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cgeq posted:

It does, but you need to respect the sequence of events. Triggers that occur in the middle of another OR or effect have their conditions determined at the time of stacking but don't resolve until after the first OR is complete. A good example is Phoenix Force recovering Mister Sinister in Sinister London. The sequence of events goes like this:

A1) Phoenix Force (5/6) recovers Mister Sinister (2/2).
B1) Mister Sinister's OR stacks with power value 2.
A2) Phoenix Force merges with Mister Sinister. Mister Sinister-PF enters play with 8 power.
C1) Sinister London stacks to create a copy of Mister Sinister-PF.
A3) Phoenix Force's OR gives Mister Sinister-PF "~ can move each turn".
B2) A Sinister Clone with 2 power appears at Sinister London.
C2) A copy of Mister Sinister-PF appears at a random location. This copy has 8 power but cannot move.
D1) Mister Sinister-PF (copy)'s OR stacks and creates a Sinister Clone with 8 power.

If you're wondering why Sinister London triggers after the merge but Mister Sinister triggers before it, it's because ORs can stack during other ORs but location effects cannot. Phoenix Force is also unique in that it has two ORs, one to bring the card into play and merge and the other to grant the merged card a move ability. This is necessary as after a merge, the card being merged no longer exists. This is why Hulkbuster recovered with Phoenix Force doesn't get the move ability or the power - it's returned to play, it merges with a target, then Phoenix Force tries to merge but it's not there any more.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

New Leaf posted:

I wasn't trying to give you hard time for the mobile version issue; just stating that you'd not be able to miss it on pc version

which still often times runs like total rear end

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Now that we have new people discovering the magic of Daredevil, shove him into a deck with Professor X and Spider-Man to enjoy the most fun combos in the game!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

Oh no, I meant it wasn't fair that certain Android phones can't see the character, I didn't think you were poking fun at me or my phone or something. I think this was a good learning experience.

I would still do a bug report rather than assuming it's your phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Canopus250 posted:

I wasn't trying to give you hard time for the mobile version issue; just stating that you'd not be able to miss it on pc version

which still often times runs like total rear end
Is there a PC version? Or is there an android version you can run on PCs?