Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Walla posted:

I already used that one.

I think this list is up to date, so redeem your 1.1 codes before they expire. 150 jade and 30,000 credits, plus some other stuff.

https://www.pcgamer.com/honkai-star-rail-codes/

Oh, I see the website says “code redeemed” regardless of whether the current action redeemed it. I got an in-game mail saying it was already redeemed.

Sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

big cummers ONLY posted:

I do ten-cent google surveys all the time. I'm a little survey piggy. It's just funny that they're only giving users 30k in-game currency for free market research. They know gamers are broken and will frame this as "making my voice heard" instead of "providing data so they can extract my money as efficiently as possible"

100k would still only equate to 42 energy or so, less than one fuel (without trailblazer xp) but at least it's six digits so the average player could feel flush with the generosity of Game

So don’t fill it out?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got Gepard from the standard banner today and Yukong + Pela + 2 QQ last week from the limited banner so I think I'll call that good til Kafka instead of trying to get a second healer more. Yukong should be pretty nice to have around tho I think I'll be leveling Tingyun the rest of the way too to go with Kafka/Serval/SW. QQ rules the more upgrades and gear I get for her and I haven't run into any issues with the RNG aspect of her much at all.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kale posted:

You first

i'm not the person making weird posts about "oh man this character doesn't have enough fanservice and accessories for a hoyoverse game"

wasn't your last gimmick "man i'm so glad hoyoverse is moving away from fanservice"?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

My Serval almost complete.

Fills kind of lame trying to level MC traces, cause it’s like well if your not dead set on the tutorial or 1st chapter form, your gonna have to level the MC traces 3-4x times. I would rather have MC trace values be 2x as expensive, but it be universal across all forms. Or like +1 already filled in for each form unlocked

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Don’t you get most of their upgrade mats for free though?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

padijun posted:

Don’t you get most of their upgrade mats for free though?

you get the key MC ascension mats for free and you only have to do that once. traces are per path, so if you want to use both preservation and destruction you get to level both. plus the other paths when they are inevitably added.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

For ascension mat, you get some, like the one unique mat, but the traces is full cost like any other regular character

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

padijun posted:

So don’t fill it out?

I understand how you could misconstrue my post as "I'm mad I have to do this," but that isn't what I said or implied. Just that 30k is a pittance, and it's funny to me. I even explicitly said I do surveys for pennies all the time.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

It's pretty much foreshadowing that the next path for the MC is the Hunt, but it'll be funny if they threw in a twist and gave us an Abundance MC

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

It's pretty much foreshadowing that the next path for the MC is the Hunt, but it'll be funny if they threw in a twist and gave us an Abundance MC

it would own so much if they dared to do it AND make it conditional on whether you took the pill or not

but they won't do any of that and we'll get something like a Quantum Hunt Mini-Seele by default or whatever

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Going from 70-80 is 150+ purple xp books, if it wasn’t traces it’d be something else :shrug:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

padijun posted:

Going from 70-80 is 150+ purple xp books, if it wasn’t traces it’d be something else :shrug:

That... doesn't make any sense? You only have to level the Trailblazer once. You have to do traces for every different version.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

big cummers ONLY posted:

I understand how you could misconstrue my post as "I'm mad I have to do this," but that isn't what I said or implied. Just that 30k is a pittance, and it's funny to me. I even explicitly said I do surveys for pennies all the time.

So you were just letting us all in on the big secret: hoyoverse uses survey data to make more money

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Zurai posted:

That... doesn't make any sense? You only have to level the Trailblazer once. You have to do traces for every different version.

What I mean is they’re not going to release a 7 path character you only have to level like a single character. If it wasn’t traces it’d be something else

Kale
May 14, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

i'm not the person making weird posts about "oh man this character doesn't have enough fanservice and accessories for a hoyoverse game"

wasn't your last gimmick "man i'm so glad hoyoverse is moving away from fanservice"?

You're the one taking posts made in jest deathly seriously though.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

padijun posted:

So you were just letting us all in on the big secret: hoyoverse uses survey data to make more money

Posts can be whatever you want them to be

Kale
May 14, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Posts can be whatever you want them to be

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I just want one more sibling so I can have a party made entirely of the walking social disasters that are the Landaus.

Bring on Housecat Landau, the fire Hunt who hits people with a snare drum or whatever.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mr E posted:

Got Gepard from the standard banner today and Yukong + Pela + 2 QQ last week from the limited banner so I think I'll call that good til Kafka instead of trying to get a second healer more. Yukong should be pretty nice to have around tho I think I'll be leveling Tingyun the rest of the way too to go with Kafka/Serval/SW. QQ rules the more upgrades and gear I get for her and I haven't run into any issues with the RNG aspect of her much at all.

It's extremely funny to me that Quinque's E4 gives her a follow up attack and even that is RNG. They couldn't even make it a flat 1 in 4 either. :D

NeonPunk posted:

A Wind Abundance right after Luocha's banner would be loving hilarious.

I don't even use the MC anymore. I never really liked Fireblazer and Sushang does Slugger's job better. They would have to make the Hunt path extremely good for me to consider investing in it, and I doubt they would go for Quantum.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ironically the most interesting element that a huntblazer could be is fire and that’s taken

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If it's Imaginary I could skip Dragon Dan and go for both Fu Xuan and Lynx. Assuming they're on the same banner.

Edit: Actually, what element do we think the Huntblazer will be? It would probably have to be Fire, Electric or Imaginary just to remain distinct from what's already available, but Fire is already used for Preservation and Imaginary Hunt seems kind of dumb with Imbibitor Lunae being announced. Electric seems a safe bet then?

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 6, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Walla posted:

If it's Imaginary I could skip Dragon Dan and go for both Fu Xuan and Lynx. Assuming they're on the same banner.

Edit: Actually, what element do we think the Huntblazer will be? It would probably have to be Fire, Electric or Imaginary just to remain distinct from what's already available, but Fire is already used for Preservation and Imaginary Hunt seems kind of dumb with Imbibitor Lunae being announced. Electric seems a safe bet then?

IL is Imaginary Destruction, so Imaginary Hunt is not actually taken

Electric Hunt is currently planned for an upcoming character (Raiden Mei), so are Ice and Fire

Plot twist : it's going to be Physical Abundance and we bonk our allies to health using the bat again as a 5-star Natasha

Wounds.. are meant to be mended!

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 6, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

finally got speed tank books for my mc

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Walla posted:

It's extremely funny to me that Quinque's E4 gives her a follow up attack and even that is RNG. They couldn't even make it a flat 1 in 4 either. :D

I love it so much, it rules how much her kit is RNG, it's like they made a character specifically for me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

crazy that still have a lot of potential improvement on the 2-set relic pieces, but pretty satisfied with my beast serval atm

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 6, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

IL is Imaginary Destruction, so Imaginary Hunt is not actually taken

Electric Hunt is currently planned for an upcoming character (Raiden Mei), so are Ice and Fire

Plot twist : it's going to be Physical Abundance and we bonk our allies to health using the bat again as a 5-star Natasha

Wounds.. are meant to be mended!

My point is that making the MC Imaginary after releasing 2 new Imaginary characters doesn't seem like a good idea, especially if they're trying to hype people up for Dan. Why pull for him if Huntblazer can do a similar job?

Though I guess the same could be said for many characters.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There’s only so many element and role combinations, you’re going to be stepping on toes especially since phys and fire are already taken for the MC. Doubly so because they’ve sort of had to shore up quantum/imaginary with banner characters given how few there were at launch.

Just make them lightning hunt, lightning is cool.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lightning Hunt probably makes the most practical sense

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Give Hunt MC a gun.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lightning Hunt is absolutely Raiden Mei's expy.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Imaginary Hunt is definitely ideal, Yukong is too weird to just casually include for breaks and I'm not rolling any of the other characters. Quantum would be nice in a similar way, don't have or want to use existing options.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

Give Hunt MC a gun.

Specifically the rating gun

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
weapons the MC should get:
chainsaw
gun
just a lot of grenades

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Snooze Cruise posted:

weapons the MC should get:
chainsaw
gun
just a lot of grenades

:hmmyes:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nihility Trailblazer just shitposts on their phone so hard the enemy gets debuffed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bussamove posted:

There’s only so many element and role combinations, you’re going to be stepping on toes especially since phys and fire are already taken for the MC. Doubly so because they’ve sort of had to shore up quantum/imaginary with banner characters given how few there were at launch.

Just make them lightning hunt, lightning is cool.

I don't think that's true, Nihility already has a large range of stuff to do, same with Luocha despite being abundance. And Fu Xuan's kit is basically nothing like the current preservation units.

Turn based mobages games having different kits while being unique hasn't stopped the last 20 years, it shouldn't stop HSR.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

I don't think that's true, Nihility already has a large range of stuff to do, same with Luocha despite being abundance. And Fu Xuan's kit is basically nothing like the current preservation units.

Turn based mobages games having different kits while being unique hasn't stopped the last 20 years, it shouldn't stop HSR.

Oh yeah, I wasn’t implying every element/role combo was going to play precisely the same. Just that there’s inevitably going to be overlap in them because that’s how the game is set up.

Hell the game launched with two physical destruction and ice preservation, they just play wildly differently. There’s plenty of room for unique and fun kits that share the same element.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I saw there was a 3rd Amazon Prime gaming thing with a small amount of stuff, if people have not done that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

You can't trust Claudio Castagnoli, dude obviously killed an Italian guy and stole his identity, no way a Swiss bastard like him is named that for shoot