Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
huntblazer gets both of kafka's guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like there's also the issue of "What's the gimmick?". Remember that the point of the MC is that you *will* get them to E6. All the crazy poo poo other people can get as they get Eidolons, you *will* get. So is their Hunt just going to be "More damage", will it debuff, will it follow up, will it do something wilder? It's not just a question of "What's the role and what's the element". Dan Heng slows the enemy and speeds himself up. Sushang wants to go off on weakness broken enemies [And is a DPS that is Skill point neutral]. Seele wants to make a million attacks. Just infinite speed and constantly getting another turn. So that's the comparison, look at Seele at E6 and that is what the MC is competing against. I certainly don't think they'll be as good, but comparing the other two MCs I think they'll be worth calling a 5*.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Boy I sure do love improving my characters

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Honestly, if Fireblazer ended up being the best version of the MC at the end of the game, that's still better than what I expected them to give us based on what I hear about Genshin

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
There's still no free lightning character in the game, so the Hunt MC almost has to be lightning. Or maybe imaginary, if Yukong isn't going to be permanently free after 1.2. I'm still not clear on that.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

There's still no free lightning character in the game, so the Hunt MC almost has to be lightning. Or maybe imaginary, if Yukong isn't going to be permanently free after 1.2. I'm still not clear on that.

i guess we'll find out saturday, that should be when the special program preview is, right?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

FractalSandwich posted:

Enough lightning already, I swear.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

i guess we'll find out saturday, that should be when the special program preview is, right?

yeah the 1.2 special program is this Saturday at 7:30 eastern

VVVV direct YT link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggMIYF_xLE

dont know if theyll talk about the plans for the MC in 1.3 and going forward but we definitely could get teasers

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 7, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

JT Jag posted:

You can't trust Claudio Castagnoli, dude obviously killed an Italian guy and stole his identity, no way a Swiss bastard like him is named that for shoot

I agree, Claudio would be a good addition to HSR. Get him out of the BCC and have him join the Stellaron Hunters

:v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

Serval is free. Or was that just a launch bonus thing?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

launch bonus

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

That was a preregistration bonus, yeah.

On Yukong, their exact words in the 1.1 patch notes are "Upon the Version 1.2 update, Yukong (The Harmony: Imaginary) can be obtained for free once specific conditions are met". Which does sound very much like it'll be permanent. But it's not explicit, and I don't trust the English translation at all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

She's literally a foxy mommy I can't believe it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I agree, Claudio would be a good addition to HSR. Get him out of the BCC and have him join the Stellaron Hunters

:v:
d'oh

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

JT Jag posted:

Honestly, if Fireblazer ended up being the best version of the MC at the end of the game, that's still better than what I expected them to give us based on what I hear about Genshin

Dendro mc is decentish, like there are use cases for them which is better than the other three variants. About to find out how good(bad) hydro mc is in a couple months. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mulva posted:

Like there's also the issue of "What's the gimmick?". Remember that the point of the MC is that you *will* get them to E6. All the crazy poo poo other people can get as they get Eidolons, you *will* get. So is their Hunt just going to be "More damage", will it debuff, will it follow up, will it do something wilder? It's not just a question of "What's the role and what's the element". Dan Heng slows the enemy and speeds himself up. Sushang wants to go off on weakness broken enemies [And is a DPS that is Skill point neutral]. Seele wants to make a million attacks. Just infinite speed and constantly getting another turn. So that's the comparison, look at Seele at E6 and that is what the MC is competing against. I certainly don't think they'll be as good, but comparing the other two MCs I think they'll be worth calling a 5*.

I think Hunt MC having follow-ups will be cool and give everyone an Elation path-compatible character.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Everyone has Herta.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

JT Jag posted:

You can't trust Claudio Castagnoli, dude obviously killed an Italian guy and stole his identity, no way a Swiss bastard like him is named that for shoot

BCC Simulated Universe would be too strong unless we got a Bushiroad crossover with Okada

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think we're getting abundance next over hunt tbh.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think Abundance makes more sense in terms of giving the MC more variety of roles. Hunt would basically just be even more more reason to never use Destruction ever again.

Edit: The best would be Harmony imo, but that might be too much of a swerve.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I could see Abundance MC just to give free 2 play 2 healers for MOC

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Everyone has Herta.

I forgot she does follow-ups TBH.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Twirl

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also March 7 but she's less likely to be built for damage.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Abundance MC also makes sense storyline wise given the current state of the plot

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

I think Abundance makes more sense in terms of giving the MC more variety of roles. Hunt would basically just be even more more reason to never use Destruction ever again.

Edit: The best would be Harmony imo, but that might be too much of a swerve.

Also to me feels like one of the reasons Fire MC is preservation is because there's not a whole lot of them in the game. If you want someone other than March you need to get lucky with Gepard.

Abundance is in a similar space imo especially compared to hunt which already has decent representation..

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, they could go abundance now and then, when the plot inevitably comes to the point Kafka prophecied where the Star Rail needs the Xianzhao's help, you get Hunt then (in like 5 years, when power creep justifies giving the MC a Hunt form that is competitive)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ibblebibble posted:

I think Hunt MC having follow-ups will be cool and give everyone an Elation path-compatible character.
March 7th counts as follow up

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok let me reword: a single target DPS-focused follow-up character.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Abundance MC also makes sense storyline wise given the current state of the plot

the hunt is also heavily relevant to current story and there's already been some ingame hints as to it being hunt next like herta's lightcone availability

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, Hunt's the obvious one, following the pattern of "go to planet where they worship X, get the X path."

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I mean, Hunt's the obvious one, following the pattern of "go to planet where they worship X, get the X path."
Though it's a pattern of 1, so far.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I guess the other pattern is "already have the path of the final boss of the planet" if you count the space station.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

On the other hand you get destruction the chapter where the antagonists are destruction worshippers. Thus meaning Abundance follows an equally likely pattern!

E: drat, beaten

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I don't think so. They've done way too much to set up The Hunt and The Abundance as enemies in the Xianzhou's backstory to pull a switch like that. Unless the real villain of the Luofu arc turns out to be one of its leaders or something. But, they stayed loyal to The Hunt the whole time and set up the thing with the Disciples as some kind of power play or something? I dunno. There hasn't been any hint of anything like that.

I don't see the next Trailblazer as being anything but Hunt, and I bet you anything they'll be able to dispel buffs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think it's a weird assumption that receiving the blessing of the Abundance makes you an enemy of the Luofu. Like, Bailu is Abundance. The MC was Destruction while the space station was being attacked by Destruction. Honestly it seems a little uncreative even to assume that just because we're fighting alongside the Hunt dudes means we have to get the Hunt. Not that any of the Luofu leaders we've met are actually The Hunt either.

Not even getting into the possibility that The Abundance (the Aeon) doesn't necessarily approve of or care about what their followers are doing.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 7, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't think so. They've done way too much to set up The Hunt and The Abundance as enemies in the Xianzhou's backstory to pull a switch like that. Unless the real villain of the Luofu arc turns out to be one of its leaders or something. But, they stayed loyal to The Hunt the whole time and set up the thing with the Disciples as some kind of power play or something? I dunno. There hasn't been any hint of anything like that.

I don't see the next Trailblazer as being anything but Hunt, and I bet you anything they'll be able to dispel buffs.

the xianzhou aren't really good guys either, considering their ultimate goals and modus operandi

honestly, after the relatively simple but ultimately upbeat Jarilo-VI plot, the Loufu arc just feels really morally unpleasant to me, despite the cool aesthetics

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I think it's a weird assumption that receiving the blessing of the Abundance makes you an enemy of the Luofu. Like, Bailu is Abundance. The MC was Destruction while the space station was being attacked by Destruction. Honestly it seems a little uncreative even to assume that just because we're fighting alongside the Hunt dudes means we have to get the Hunt. Not that any of the Luofu leaders we've met are actually The Hunt either.

Not even getting into the possibility that The Abundance (the Aeon) doesn't necessarily approve of or care about what their followers are doing.
Sure, but in the context of this specific story arc, with the setup we've seen so far, following the Xianzhou's conflict between the Hunt and Abundance all the way through to the main character and final boss would be by far the more natural thing to do. Maybe 1.2 will change things and lay some more groundwork for an Abundance MC, especially if they're not actually coming out until further down the line, but as it stands it would be a twist just for the sake of having a twist.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 7, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

To be honest I don't see how following this situation with no twists leads to The Hunt taking notice of us either. Just being the pawn of Jin Yuan surely isn't heroic enough to catch the eye of a god.

Edit: Ultimately what it comes down to is the MC's motivation in the final battle. Do they want to achieve their goal no matter the cost, or do they want to keep people alive? Who's "side" you're on doesn't matter to a god, human factions are beneath their attention.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Which is why we will get The Elation because they think it's funny.