Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Niwrad posted:

didn't Musk also poo poo talk those fired employees and insinuate they were worthless? I'm guessing the lawyer letter is just to provide an excuse for his failures but does he just think if you worked for Twitter at one point you aren't allowed to work again?

they should sill be loyal to their technoking. this is tech treachery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/DonnyDurrr/status/1677017303911657472

Greenwald is a transphobe, and a terrible prognosticator because the new blood he hypes inevitably turn out to be racist, but I don't think he's ever said anything blatantly racist himself

at least, not that I remember

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I don't have a Twitter account, never have, but I sometimes at work check the Twitter accounts of local emergency/police/gov/utility orgs because in healthcare we rely on knowing when poo poo is going down. And now we don't loving know! It's become a legitimate problem. Even the offline now talk poo poo about what a dumb motherfucker Elon is

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Filthy Hans posted:

https://twitter.com/DonnyDurrr/status/1677017303911657472

Greenwald is a transphobe, and a terrible prognosticator because the new blood he hypes inevitably turn out to be racist, but I don't think he's ever said anything blatantly racist himself

Glenn Greenwald sitting at a table with 9 white supremacists,

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Glenn Greenwald sitting at a table with 9 white supremacists,

he sure knows how to pick 'em, doesn't he

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Old Story posted:

I don't have a Twitter account, never have, but I sometimes at work check the Twitter accounts of local emergency/police/gov/utility orgs because in healthcare we rely on knowing when poo poo is going down. And now we don't loving know! It's become a legitimate problem. Even the offline now talk poo poo about what a dumb motherfucker Elon is

have you tried purcjasing x/twitter blue????

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's funny that Elon hosed up Twitter so bad that other reputable companies smell blood and have started circling for the kill

Also funny that they'd be stupid enough to want to make their own Twitter, a horrible toxic money hole

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

whaley posted:

have you tried purcjasing x/twitter blue????

hm maybe if we sap some funds from the Spiderman Bandaids for Kids fund we can boost the hospitals retweets

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

zuck would eat elon like dry toast

then smoke his meat with the boys :grin:

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Old Story posted:

Hmm maybe it's pretty dumb for public services to be dependent on a nazi website suffering from the whims of an rear end in a top hat billionaire and you should find other ways to find out when poo poo is going down

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Old Story posted:

huge L on your entire industry for relying on twitter

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
yeah, this will shock you, but the healthcare system is bad. I'm not in charge though so I dunno

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats because zuckerberg is a genetic freak and not normal

Zuck is basically Scott Steiner

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Filthy Hans posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

what if there were a Threads thread and instead of posting like this it's more "watching TV with the bestie is a vibe! :D"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
A glass of water can be a tasty treat

With my toast

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Both perfectly normal hobbies for a real Human.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Is there a goon Bluesky thread anywhere I want to make sure my feed is as cynical and depressing as the forums.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
Twitter is almost perfect now. I don't have to log in, and i don't see replies or ads! Too bad the only folks left are ding dongs

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
lol so bluesky has the standard long rectangular header image but when you try to upload a photo to it you have to make it a square

garbage app, deleting immediately

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

hosed over a massive portion of his workforce then gets mad when those same people go work for his rivals for better pay and job security.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

evilmiera posted:

hosed over a massive portion of his workforce then gets mad when those same people go work for his rivals for better pay and job security.

and also insulted them and implied they were idiots that didn’t contribute

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

withak posted:

lmfao @ Threads being a way to feed you the maximum amount of ads with the minimum amount of people you follow required to keep to keep you scrolling.

This just sounds like instagram when you forget to switch from For You to Following

Also you can only see comments which is the worst part of IG

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's funny that Elon hosed up Twitter so bad that other reputable companies smell blood and have started circling for the kill

Also funny that they'd be stupid enough to want to make their own Twitter, a horrible toxic money hole

Couldn't be any stupider than Meta.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

we can enjoy another lawsuit where Elon gets his dumb rear end tweets read out to him in front of the judge and then shits himself and folds

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

why tf would you join threads when all the good threets are going to be posted here anyway?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Adverts are working just great

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I love Sportss Hoes

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what if there were a Threads thread and instead of posting like this it's more "watching TV with the bestie is a vibe! :D"

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1676760070380478465

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

if i can't view threads in VR like i'm flying through the loving gibson i don't know wtf zuck is thinking

astral embed the toots

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's not just that, what made Twitter special was that it was the main entrenched forum, all its rivals were too small to grab most of it's users' attention. Musk turning it into a far right platform and being its usual idiot, while it may not totally kill it , will at least ruin its uniqueness. Now the whole system is fractured into users tribes. But yes, "innovation in America" is a boring social media platform.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember when Elon thought he was Big Brain because the boring company would allow "three dimensional travel" like there's never roads above other roads already

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Remember when Elon thought he was Big Brain because the boring company would allow "three dimensional travel" like there's never roads above other roads already
Didn't he also believed that ULA used a sniper to damage one of his SpaceX rocket. "The quieter banG" and all. The man is an idiot.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 12:29 on Jul 7, 2023

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Welcome. Welcome to Something Awful.

You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining social media.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

If you're seeing this post, you are currently rate capped on Business Gorillas posts

Pay $59.99/mo to access premium Business Gorillas content. The next post was really good and you're missing out!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

evilmiera posted:

job security is hilarious considering suckerburg already laid off more than 20k people in the last 6-7 months

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

groims, dey stohl me werkers ta copy tweeta!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/geosciteacher17/status/1677034731425112065?t=dwL7n5pWSxjGbVC38p0_1A&s=19

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I guess they should have kept the guy that disables the phones and deactivates accounts then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

If you're seeing this post, you are currently rate capped on Business Gorillas posts

Pay $59.99/mo to access premium Business Gorillas content. The next post was really good and you're missing out!!!

Pretty generous paywall really, but judging from the 33000 posts I was able to read for free I don't think this is worth paying for.